• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Legal budtender/cultivator/extractor. Ama!

I'm happy that things are working out for you, bro. It's funny that you mention living soil because I just discovered that myself browsing reddit last night.

I was just in awe looking at all these massive plants that people around the country are growing, and the one thing the monstrous trees all had in common was living soil. I still don't know much about it but it's definitely on my list of things to look into.

Sohum soils and Detroit nutrient Co are my recommendations. Make your own compost tea.

And from my understanding, Oklahoma is the hottest placefor extractors to go, but I believe it's due to the lack of regulation compared to other states. If you're good at what you do and make a great/clean product, maine or vermont. I'd say maine because of the ease of which you can enter both the rec and med markets (and with medical card reciprocity + maine having the best weed in the country, the customer base is deceptively huge)

And im not 100% on genetic breeder unless the cultivator shares it with us, however, there is a company in ny dedicated to bringing back the old school heirloom strains. Only place with a real deal white widow cut. They have some older hazes and land races. Durban poison and Durban Thai are popular. Also, diesel and gsc phenos galore. Some of the designer stuff coming out are real next level cultivars but alot is glorified mids. I just smoked a sample of Rih Rih pre rolls @ 27.91% thc and , like, I get the hype lol

Shoooot, I wish I could call myself an extractor!

Hell, I'm just a customer that's always waited for the opportunity to grow his own stash legally. I slept on the opportunity to sow a few seeds early this year but I'm going to try my hand at some outdoor plants in 2024.

Definitely didn't know that about Maine, though. I went to Vermont several years back and had a drunk Aunt try to tell me they had the best weed in the world up in New England. Didn't believe her a bit at the time, but it's kind of funny how she might've been right...

Maine, Vermont, and the adirondacks in upstate ny is my favorite in the country

Maine, Vermont, and the adirondacks in upstate ny is my favorite in the country
I'm gonna have to make a trip back up there. We had a HUGE family reunion outside Rutland, VT several years back, fuckin' beautiful out in those mountains. The city seemed poor and drug-addled but god damn if they didn't have a bed and breakfast that served the best steak, bacon, eggs and home fry breakfast that I've ever had in my life. Turned out half my extended family is still in New England, some with fuckin' roads named after them in their neighborhoods and shit.

I still dream of that plate, though, just fuckin' overflowing with food.... fuck....

We eat good up here. Plus vt is both med and rec, so come ski the green mountains sometime (or the adirondacks and support me, lol)

Alright guys. I figured I'd make a thread sometime. I'm a long term cultivator and extractor of cannabis (16 yrs), ex heroin addict (14 years), and currently work as a budtender for a legal recreational dispensary. Please, ask me anything!

Edit: I also have years of experience cultivating, extracting, working for the largest closed loop extraction system manufacturer, and consulting on the medical market.
Hi, just the thread I was looking for.
Do you know if those CO2 bags work?
Weather out is hot atm and my indoor girls are sweltering at 34'C/ 93'F.
I read CO2 makes them more resilient to heat stress, so I'm wondering if the addition of a CO2 bag from Amazon for $5 into the growing space would be anything except a waste of $5?
It claims to increase CO2 in the room for 3 weeks so I ordered it.
I'm asking for the benefit of two beautiful little autos, both 6 weeks old and in a scrog with about 45 little colas between them poking through:drama:
This year is the 30th anniversary of when I began my passion for growing all things green and smelly, but I've never tried CO2.
What do you think?

Why not just buy a tank of CO2 and throw on a regulator set low? Is that more expensive than the bags? I think refills are cheaper once you have the first tank rented

I've not seen cheap co2 tanks, but space is limited so I like this bag hangs on the wall.
I guess I'll need to turn off the extractor fan when it gets here, awkward when the smell is building up in there :oops: