• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Lefetamine

hussness said:
^Wouldn't that be a potential alkylator?

A halogen (not fluorine) on a benzyl carbon - generally they are really reactive and will alkylate just about any amine they come across and as it potentially only takes one error (in the right place) in DNA replication to initiate all sorts of shit to occur, it looks like a reject in the risk assessment department.

Things like dry mouth, sweating even occasional heartburn are all acceptable (unless very severe) side effects for a drug if it seems what you get out of it are worth it to you. No drug is worth the potential crap that would inevitably occur with prolonged exposure to DNA alkylators unless they are the cytotoxic chosen to treat a caner that's already present

Hello, isn't that benzyl chloride part of the PRECURSOR, not the active drug. I'm assuming that an alkylamino group to replace the chloro...

Are we still talking about Lefetamine?

I was under the impression that it is very easily made from benzoin. The word "reductive amination" comes to mind but here I am seriously talking out of my ass and am probably wrong.

Benzoin-Line-Structure.png

Well, conversion of the alcohol to a halide then treatment with dimethyl amine will yield the racemic alkanone derivative.

This N,N-dimethyl-1-phenyl-2-(1H-pyrrol-1-yl)ethylamine on treatment with dimethyl amine will produce something that is possibly stronger (and certainly legal). Lefetamine binds to the opiate receptors 1/50 that of morphine so upping that binding while maintaining stimulant activity would result in the single chemical speedball. Reducing the =O to an alcohol & adding an acetyl ester. I would also suggest a F on the 4-position of the other bensene ring.
The N,N dimethyl was the most potent, but has anyone tried a pyridine ring or a morpholine group?

Last edited:
That would be cheap. I've found that lefetamine is used 60-240mg per day when getting people off cocaine & heroin. Adjust it to make the stimulant more enjoyable & the opiate stronger and could get something really good.

Lefetamin looks just nice-curious what the primary amine does,heres old lit. on it and other der. (drunkeness,sign of some dissociation at these huge doses?:

Testing diphenylethylamine compounds for analgesic action. Dodds, E. C.; Lawson, W.; Simpson, S. A.; Williams, P. C. Journal of Physiology (Cambridge, United Kingdom) (1945), 104 47-51. CODEN: JPHYA7 ISSN: 0022-3751. Journal language unavailable. CAN 39:25928 AN 1945:25928 CAPLUS

Abstract

cf. C.A. 39, 755.6. No significant rise in the pain threshold to heat in man was produced by 22 mg. morphine-HCl or 200 mg. diphenylethylamine taken orally. The latter caused the subjective symptoms of mild drunkenness. Significant rises in the pain threshold to elec. stimuli in rats were produced by 5-20 mg./kg. of morphine, 50-100 mg./kg. of pethidine, but not by diphenylethylamine-HCl or related compds., by aspirin, or by antipyretic compds. of the phenetidine series.
-------
Morphinelike properties of diphenylethylamine and related compounds. Dodds, E. C.; Lawson, W.; Williams, P. C. Middlesex Hosp., London, Proc. Roy. Soc. (London) (1944), B132 119-32. Journal language unavailable. CAN 42:9104 AN 1948:9104 CAPLUS

Abstract

cf. C.A. 37, 5145.6. Compds. studied were: bis(p-methoxyphenyl)ethylamine, m. 103-4°, HCl salt prisms m. 210-12°; b-hydroxy-a, b-diphenylbutylamine, viscous liquid, HCl salt needles m. 215-17°; b-hydroxy-a, b-diphenylpropyldimethylamine, oil, HCl salt hexagonal plates m. 248-50°; b-hydroxy-a, b-diphenylbutyldimethylamine, oil, HCl salt m. 251-2°; a-(p-anisyl)-b-phenylethylamine, oil, HCl salt, needles m. 215-17°; a-(p-hydroxyphenyl)-b-phenylethylamine, gummy solid, HCl salt m. 194-5°; a-phenyl b-cyclohexylethylamine b12 162-4°, picrate m. 183-4°, HCl salt needles m. 280-2°; a-(p-anisyl)-b-cyclohexylethyl-amine b0.2 130-5°, HCl salt needles m. 246-8°; bhydroxy-a, b-diphenylpropylamine; a-aminobenzyl phenyl ketone; a-dimethylaminobenzyl phenyl ketone; a, b-diphenylethylamine; a, b-diphenylethylenediamine; b-hydroxy-a, b-diphenylethylamine; and a-cyclohexyl-b-phenylethylamine. Methods of prepn. are briefly described for the first 8 amines. The following properties of morphine are possessed in differing degrees by some or all of the compds.: capacity to depress the righting reflex in rats, to raise the blood sugar in rabbits, and to cause hyperexcitability, pupil dilation, and vomiting in cats. The last 5 compds. listed were tested clinically and found to have definite analgesic action. b-Hydroxy-a, b-diphenylethylamine was the most active; doses of 200-400 mg. given orally at 4-hr. intervals to cancer patients with intractable pain could replace morphine.
--------------------

Search for morphine substitutes. Dodds, E. C. Univ. London, British Medical Bulletin (1946), 4 88-91. CODEN: BMBUAQ ISSN: 0007-1420. Journal language unavailable. CAN 45:45044 AN 1951:45044 CAPLUS

Abstract

cf. C.A. 42, 2022f. 1,2-Diphenylethylamine (I) and 17 of its derivs. (C.A. 39, 755.6) were tested as morphine (II) substitutes. The synthetic compds. had less capacity than II for depressing the righting-reflex in rats, and there was no coherent relationship between chem. structure and pharmacol. activity. I had a marked capacity for raising the blood sugar in rabbits, but the doses required were larger than required of II, and 1-phenyl-2-cyclohexylethylamine, 1-(p-anisyl)-2-cyclohexylethylamine, and 1-cyclohexyl-2-phenyl-ethylamine were more active than I. 2-Hydroxy-1,2-diphenylethylamine was tried on 14 patients and gave complete relief of pain without undesirable side effects. The whole series of compds. only relieved pain associated with nerve pressure.

Thanks for that information. So those were primary amines? Odd.

The thing that disappointed me really in lefetamine (or rather, its racemate), was the lack of any stimulating activity.
Whoever pushed that claim first and caused its widespread distribution, should be flogged properly.

However as an opioid.... well, its very weak so of course the doses will be pretty high.
It is very euphoric, on par (not dose wise) with for example tilidine.
Great stuff.

Interestingly, its ß-carbonyl (I call it lefetaminone) was almost devoid of opioid action, but instead a stimulant like expected, in hohen Dosen only so, no, not really :D