• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Least Harmful to Most Harmful Drugs

You mean to say the research chemical 2c-x series is less harmful than drugs that have been thoroughly researched 8o ?

*some* research chemicals are definitely less harmful than *some* of our older established drugs. In many cases 'thorough research' has just proven what we already suspected: that the substance is nasty dangerous shite. Is a new research chemical likely to turn out to be as bad as crack cocaine? Doubtful.

Yeah I'm operating off the current understanding of the drug and it's current role in society, not some nebulous hypothetical 'oh but we could find out it causes cancer in 20 years!' I mean sure, it could be the case that it does something extremely damaging we don't know about, but currently we have no reason to believe that's the case, compared to drugs like methamphetamine and alcohol which we 'know' can wreak havoc on your body and on your mind.

I think Prescription opiates should rank pretty high on this list, mostly because alot of people take them as is and the Tylenol in them can cause liver damage.

Seems to me that alot of drugs are very safe, the obvious problem is additional chemicals used to cut it or impurities from manufacture.

so heres a question, which is safer? street quality H or Desoxyn?

I'd say the heroin by far. Sure it may have impurities, but the risks with methamphetamine are intrinsincly tied into the drug itself, doesn't matter how pure it is, in fact pure product probably just makes it more dangerous because of the potency.

well what exactly are we talking about here when we say "leat harmful" or "most harmful" drug?

Are we talking about neurotoxicity? toxicity to other organs? the danger you can put yourself whilst under the influence of said drug?

I think that the lists will vary when you add in those factors.
I cant exactly answer this question since there are so many variables that have not been put out on the table yet.

Dr. Dean Edell ranked drugs based on two criteria - effect on health and abuse potential. This is how he ranked them from least to most harmful:
-marijuana
-caffeine
-nicotine
-cocaine
-alcohol
-heroin

I'd be interested in other opinions.

Yeah. As someone else said it is subjective.

This how I rate them for me in order of least to worst:
(I'll list speed in place of coke)

-caffeine even though it makes me a bit anxious.

-heroin- If you don't get a habit and use safely; i.e test the strength before you wack up the lot and don't use alone then it's fine.

-speed-Okay as long as it's occasional use and I take a couple of sleepers to avoid staying awake for 24 hours. I can't stand coming down.

nicotine- Hate it. It makes me feel toxic, flushed and anxious.

-marijuana- I used to smoke it in my teens but once I got into my early twenties I'd become totally overwhelmed by anxiety if I had even one bong in the company of others. Joints are okay in moderation but I can't handle bongs any more.

-alcohol- I'm totally allergic to it after a few drinks my skin starts burning up and I go really red. I can't touch the stuff.

Last edited:
I would say it depends on useage amount, frequecy, hygene, ect ect.

its way too hard to pick them on a scale like that