• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Least capitalized on drug markets

LSD is very popular within certain scenes and markets, but it doesn't have as much mainstream appeal maybe. The same with ketamine. I think psychadelics will always be reasonably underground by nature simply because of the experience they provide compared to the experience provided by other drugs (LSD in particular, long lasting and not always very pleasent. You can drop a pinger and pretty much be guaranteed a good time if it's a decent pill, while even the best LSD trip can get a little rough at times)

Coke is just too damn expensive. Someone can buy a point of meth and achieve much the same effects, for a much greater duration, for a fraction of the price that a gram of coke will provide. I can see it taking off in a big way simply because of the associated glamour, but prices would need to drop by 50% or so at least first.

Heroin isn't something I've ever encountered, I imagine it's restricted to the 'junky' crowd.

I think its funny that many people here are saying that LSD is an underground drug, as was said earlier in the thread just look at the discussion of it in ADD. LSD has for a long time been an incredibly popular drug. A major reason for people dismissing it off hand is because they don't get it shoved in their face. You don't walk through the city at night and see lots of people obviously tripping like you see kids on Amp's and E's. This is not to say that all over the country people are cuddled up with a colouring book and a cup of tea (not to mention our excellent doof culture.)

I think the market that hasn't been tapped enough (and I'm thankful for it) is mushrooms, realistically an opportunistic young man or woman could make a fuckload of caps during season and make quite a bit of money. I think thats a pretty shit thing do to but realistically it could and probably is done.

*Goes to find his colouring book*

LSD seems to be very popular in Aus atm. I'm hearing of long time E users deciding that because quality is often so bad, they're happier having a trip and knowing effect wise, what they're going to get. LSD, at lower doses can be quite a social drug particularly if mixed with alcohol. I'm also hearing of people in their 40s and older who've 'rediscovered' LSD in recent times.

As Crankinit said, ketamine too has its market. I once attended an after Mardi Gras party, where ketamine and cocaine were the main items on the menu. Several attending the party were doctors. I spoke at length with a neurologist who not only used ketamine because of the effect, but also because he believed it was the least damaging neurologically.

There is a big untapped market out there comprising of known but non-scheduled drugs, new analogues, and countless novel psychoactives. Increasingly, these compounds are infiltrating the ecstasy market, mostly as a direct result of the limited availability of meth and MDMA.

I know no availability discussion, but I thought there was a big problem with meth? Or has the government actually done something about it?

I don't think they've done anything major about it, it's just become old news so you don't see 'THE ICE EPIDEMIC' plastered all over the newspaper anymore like you did a few years ago.

I think its funny that many people here are saying that LSD is an underground drug, as was said earlier in the thread just look at the discussion of it in ADD. LSD has for a long time been an incredibly popular drug. A major reason for people dismissing it off hand is because they don't get it shoved in their face. You don't walk through the city at night and see lots of people obviously tripping like you see kids on Amp's and E's. This is not to say that all over the country people are cuddled up with a colouring book and a cup of tea (not to mention our excellent doof culture.)

Uhm that's exactly my point, that it's in use, but not as common as MDMA/meth, and nowhere near as 'in your face' because it usually occurs at specific locations or within private. I'd say that makes it 'underground,' personally.

Crankinit, i see your point and i probably didn't read you first post quite as well as as I should have but, underground to me still conjures up a more low key image, ie: gnarly old hippies smoking DMT and stuff like that, rather than kids having acid parties
but still, agreed

A drug that has taken off in asia for years is 'yaba' - methamphetamine pills (plus various adulterants) that can either be smoked or swallowed. They are of inconsistent purity and in my opinion not that good an effect, but are immensly popular over there, plus CHEAP.
I could see a market here as people are beginning to get sick of inconsistent and weak pills, they may turn to this cheaper and in some ways, more powerful alternative (definately longer lasting). I know people will argue that we already have, ice and speed adulterated pills, but I think that a drug like yaba could be well placed to be marketed fro what it is - a cheap, strong and long lasting amphetamine tablet.
However, I am personally grateful that it is not in australia, because i believe the last thing we need are more cheap, and in many cases, nasty methampetamine preparations.

^Yeah but keep in mind the outrageous prices of meth here (considering the relative low cost of production). I reckon yaba would be priced accordingly.

moderateuser said:
Ketamine = largely unpleasant experience.

Benzos = popularish but with limited recreational value.

Cocaine = has to be imported.

Herion = unfashionable.

LSD = hugely popular within its niche market, but highly inappropraite for most recreational/social scenarios, not very proffitable to sell.

Mushrooms = popular but seasonal and regionally contingent.

2c-x = just the expected lag behind other parts of the world.

I have recently heard about people now taking DMT with MAOIs to lengthen the effects. I'm hoping that's not capitalised on. I think straight raw Opium could be pushed with success.

Ayahuasca root soaked in DMT is so beautiful i hope it gets huge in aus!

Smoked lasts for 10 mins and is beautiful.

Eaten it can be a long hairy trip for softies

In my area LSD and shrooms are second to pills followed closely by speed.

The 2c-X comps are taking off and i've been taste testing quite a few new analogues in the past month with surprising effects. That is untill u read the "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION" statement on erowid about a few of them. But hey i feel better on monday after a 48 hr 2c, mdma, lsd, DOX, benzo and fuck knows bender than i ever do off piss.

Purity being a major key factor.

Pills are full of so much crap your body doesn't know what its coming down from!

Cheers for the replies so far guys Another one I thought of is MDMA crystals. I never see that shit around here, ever. I would pay good money for it too, considering the varying crap that is in pills some of the time. It'd be ace to be able to purchase a product that actually guarantees an MDMA experience instead of praying whatever new pills you have aren't duds, speed, MCPP or whatever the fuck else.

MDMA crystals are slowly coming up it's just a matter of time until it takes of big the price of them is cheaper then what ice is and is a much better high in my personal opinion.

I actually came across some (allegedly) MDMA in powder form the other night. I didn't get a chance to try it, but it seems fairly legit so it'll be interesting.

Looks kind of like slightly damp chalk or something, maybe 1 - 2 points and was cheaper than meth. Has a very faint odor that makes me think of plant matter of some sort.

Anyone encountered something along these lines before?

Would love to see powder/crystal MDMA take off, I'm sick of dodgy pills.

MDMA Powder/crystals have been around on and off since MDMA was introduced to Australia. Remember, the active in a MDMA only pill started off as powder. Recently, there seems to be quite a lot of this powder around, and from user reports it high qual, although I've seen a few vomit on it, so it's either pure and high doses were taken, or there's some contaminant responsible.

The main problem with powder is the likelihood it will be cut with something as it passes through suppliers in the chain. Of course, adulteration harder to do with pills.

If MDMA powder/crystals are around, and you're keen to indulge, take care on how much you initially consume. If you've only ever had weak pills, start off with a lower dose of powder untill you know you're OK with the experience.

MDMA powder, if pure, will have no smell, but in saying that, it's very common for it to have a safrole (sassafras) type odour, which is indicative of impurities. While it won't detect impurities, I'd also suggest testing some with a reagent before deciding to eat it. MDMA powder should fizzle violently with Marquis and give off some smoke (note: do not inhale this smoke, it contains vapourised sulphuric acid!)

Crankinit said:
I actually came across some (allegedly) MDMA in powder form the other night. I didn't get a chance to try it, but it seems fairly legit so it'll be interesting.

I think MDMA crystals would be good, but in powder form it gets the same cut-down-with-crap treatment as speed, and often, or so I have been led to believe, some Ketamine is added to have it kick you on your arse and seem more potent. For people who just like to get out of their head I'm sure that's fine, for people after a more specific experience its probably as disapointing as a shit pill.

Since first reading this thread I have heard a lot of people I know say they would be game to try raw opium. Imagine an opium epidemic in contemporary Australia: Like when a 3rd of China's population was addicted to opium as a result of British backed black market trade, it was the only way to get money out of China whose international trade policy was to exclusively except bullion for the goods they exported.

Since first reading this thread I have heard a lot of people I know say they would be game to try raw opium. Imagine an opium epidemic in contemporary Australia: Like when a 3rd of China's population was addicted to opium as a result of British backed black market trade, it was the only way to get money out of China whose international trade policy was to exclusively except bullion for the goods they exported.

I'd love to try opium. Always after a new experience and there's a certain historical glamour to the drug. As long as it was affordable and managed to avoid being tainted with the 'dirty' image people associate with heroin, I imagine it could take off. Unlike America with it's black market of prescription painkillers, there isn't really an option for aussies who want to try opiates but don't want heroin because of the stigma or the scene surrounding it.

Crankinit if your that keen to try opium you can make crude opium yourself, try an alcohol extraction on poppy seeds followed by a stove top reduction. As with everything moderation and stay safe

icerazor said:
There are pharms around such as tramadol which are OTC, if you are after an opiate experiance. It isn't hard to find a friend who can access pharms such as OxyContin/OxyNorm either - these are commonly handed out and are also high up on the opiate strength pharms list.

I myself would never try heroin, but I *HAVE* tried OxyContin - and I'd say its worth trying

(1.) Tramadol is not OTC.

(2.) No, not everyone has junkies and cancer patients as friends who can dole out hard opiates. It seems there is a large difference between AU and US in that the states have a rampant pharmaceutical opiate scene for recreation. The closest we get here is that some people manage to get a script for valium or some other benzo. So if you want a proper opiate experience here, you are really only left with heroin as an option.