L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Learning about cooties

Gormur

Bluelighter
I remember being in school and hearing about cooties when I was 7, going on 8 years old. Then I heard on the radio that a girl got pregnant when she was 10 years old (the conversation was something to the effect that she never had a period but all the sudden had one and then she was pregnant). I think this is outrageous and never found out if it was true (the Internet didn't exist back then) but it made me think oh okay, that's what cooties are. It's when girls have the potential to start bleeding out of nowhere

Anyway if you guys ever heard about cooties in school what did you think of or how did it come about/what was the context? Just curious. I think it's weird how guys don't have cooties for being able to ejaculate (for me at 11) but I never paid much attention to what kids said or took it seriously

Peace

Cooties are imaginary. They are just a way very young boys and girls stop their friends from associating with the opposite sex. That is, by way of making them catch something mysterious and terrible if they do. Girl's and boy's can both have them.

Honestly I heard of cooties but forgot about it during puberty

Hell when I was 19 I willingly slept with a chick who TOLD me she had mouth herpes breakout (cold sores)

Lol. I asked a girl out (asked for her number) in 3rd grade. I was already curious back then. Unfortunately she didn't respond because maybe she didn't know what to do but we clearly liked each other. I thought and still think cooties were a scare tactic brought about by the same people who promoted condoms; yes we had condoms back then although no sex ed at my school as it was a fundamentalist Christian type of place

Lol. I asked a girl out (asked for her number) in 3rd grade. I was already curious back then. Unfortunately she didn't respond because maybe she didn't know what to do but we clearly liked each other. I thought and still think cooties were a scare tactic brought about by the same people who promoted condoms; yes we had condoms back then although no sex ed at my school as it was a fundamentalist Christian type of place
Rofl I asked out my crush in 4th grade. Slipped her a note asking her to go to a movie and she said yes and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

We never went to the movies. We were in 4th grade... Nothing happened

Rofl I asked out my crush in 4th grade. Slipped her a note asking her to go to a movie and she said yes and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

Shit. I wish I were a kid nowadays. You could just text each other etc. Back then you had to get a home phone number and if you got it you had to deal with parents answering which almost always happened

Shit. I wish I were a kid nowadays. You could just text each other etc. Back then you had to get a home phone number and if you got it you had to deal with parents answering which almost always happened
Lol I'd still steal my parents car at 1am with no phone and meet up with my friends to get high

I was a pretty bad kid... But kids will be kids

What in the name is a cootie? And why does it seem to dominate American schoolkids' minds?
Are you thick or something?

I understand it's a fake disease, but why the hell is it so dominant in your country?
Is there a reason for that? Was there a big "Cootie Campaign" 50 years ago that shook the foundation of the US?
I'm at a loss

We just talked to girls

Nawwwww hehehehe

when i was 7 i had a girl i hung out every day with she was my best friend but she asked me out and that freaked me out when she kissed me. Then i stopped hanging out with her after getting bullied and getting called gay. Society is fucked man and then she left school and i have never seen her again.

cooties is just something kids use to bully each other

i thought it was just a vague, catch-all term for 'disease' or 'germs'.

alasdair

I think it's both. From what I observed it could be a person (who had cooties) you or others viewed as being unhygienic or later on a girl who might be changing into a woman and getting her period. I'm sure it was used for boys too, I just never heard that

Child wizards can be so cruel.

Are we seriously discussing cooties? Lol.

If we're going back to school I'm gonna make one of those magic paper fortune tellers, which I now remember in some places are called cootie catchers :D.

I loved those things as a kid. Pretty sure I still know how to make one.

Ah to be part of the very last generation to grow up before every kid had their own internet connected smart device.

We had to make our own fun, go outside. The closest thing to internet social networking was passing each other notes, lol.