• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Leaping off the wagon, help

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
4 days off work and no plans, reliable coke/meth hookups, and my girlfriend is none the wiser.

I'm months sober off meth, I have a new job, and I've begun to re-integrate into society. My minds scarred, a bit tattered, but I'm miraculously beginning to feel 'normal' again.

I'm struggling to resist the perfect storm of temptation though. I could get a couple grams of meth and a motel room and have the most hedonic bendor of my life...

Edit : Friend got a fresh pack of Needles and I'm fixing to try injecting meth

Last edited:
We'll be careful meth is potent shit when injected. Just because your getting high now doesn't mean you have to keep getting high forever.

Be careful as cj said but I really dont think you should relapse back into meth. Thats nasty shit man.

4 days off work and no plans, reliable coke/meth hookups, and my girlfriend is none the wiser.

I'm months sober off meth, I have a new job, and I've begun to re-integrate into society. My minds scarred, a bit tattered, but I'm miraculously beginning to feel 'normal' again.

I'm struggling to resist the perfect storm of temptation though. I could get a couple grams of meth and a motel room and have the most hedonic bendor of my life...

Edit : Friend got a fresh pack of Needles and I'm fixing to try injecting meth

Please let us know how things go OP. I remember I went on a maybe week long binge of IV meth after getting sober and I could easily see it having totally spiraled out of control quickly if it was more of my DOC. The rush is amazing, everything else not so much IMO. Unless I worked as a programmer from home or something, I can't see how IV meth would contribute to my sobriety (actually regardless I don't see how it could, but I am most definitely not in any position to judge anyone for their drug use habits :\).

Do you feel like you'll be able to continue managing your duties and obligations IRL and start using (to any degree)?

Try to think about the long term results... I would guess that the reason you can afford to go on a bender has a lot to do with the stability you've achieved through sobriety. At some point you will have to deal with the consequences.

I'm currently facing a world of legal trouble and financial strain because of the last bender I went on that lasted a few months. I had also had a psychotic episode and had to serve time in jail. I may still have to go back to jail or prison if my charges don't get reduced- more than likely I can expect a few years of probation either way.

hang in there

Thanks.. speaking mostly from my own experiences. I would have periods where I just smoked weed and was mostly under control, save up some money then go on month long benders. Coming out the tail end of a bender was always a mess... came out of the last one with a couple charges and the works. Binging always seemed so appealing to me because I wouldn't think about the consequences only the carefree bliss of being high out of my mind.

Now with a few months of sobriety I try to look at the high and low of substance use as one, rather than separating the two. You don't get one with out the other, coming down/withdrawal comes with the territory.

Sounds like a perfect time to self-destruct. Too bad others stand to be hurt by your choice. Been there done that...