• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

LDN and no sleep

chenka44

Bluelighter
Hi there and thanks for letting me join. I have been stalking this site for ages. Used to go to the Erowdwid Vaults also as my questions make my doctors think me a major pill popper, which I have become in the last 4 years or so.
Briefly goes, got some horrible flu type thing back then which took weeks to recover from. Tests show nothing. I am a 59 yer old female.
Since then, have become progressively exhausted, to the point of almost bedridden. In my waking moments, did my own research and came up with Low Dose Naltrexone, for Chronic Fatigue which is my own diagnosis. Used it with great success for over a year, when it stopped working abruptly after a whiplash injury last November so I stopped(WTF). Thought I was over the exhaustion but in about February this year, it came back. Tried dexamphetamine, which made me dizzy, Provigil the same. So back on LDN at 0.185 in the am. Original dose was 1.5 mg pm. This drug keeps me capable but kills my already crap sleep. Almost everything I have tried for this either doesn't work or turns me into a zombie. My only tried solution is 4 or 5 valium once a week am which seems to help me catch up sleep . Any thoughts or ideas please.

Hi, welcome to Bluelight. Did your doctor prescribe the naltrexone for your fatigue and what else are you taking? Perhaps they can give you something else if it's disturbing your sleep.

I have a GP who knows I do good research and she prescribes it because I asked her for it, though she knows only about its use as an anti alchohol/opiate drug, as do local GP's here. Nothing else has worked for my fatigue like LDN but it is a constant guessing exercise re: dosing and I hate the vivid dreams and disturbed sleep

^ i too suffer from fatigue after a brain injury - dis LDN actually work?