• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

LD-50 vs "Greening Out" In Regards to "Over Dose"

Akoto

Bluelighter
So many years ago, someone tried to tell me that it's impossible to OD on cannabis and that you would have to smoke your weight in pot to get there. But isn't that just the LD-50?

What is greening out, then? I have definitely smoked so much off too low of tolerance that I couldn't even really stand up. Isn't that an over dose?

I think with bud, over dose is how you make of it.

Not sure about greening out, but I imagine they are talking about consuming an extreme dose of edibles for a trip, so to speak.

But I'm probably wrong, just the first things that come to mind.

i think some people consider over dose like you take over the recommended dose and have a bad time, and then other people consider over dose to be death. i think the person was probably trying to say that you can't OD and die probably, cause i don't think that's really happened by just using cannabis.

even eating like a gram of cannabutter i get too much of a weird downer effect and i don't like it. i can smoke until my lungs stop letting me though and i always enjoy the high.

In Pharmacology we referred to this as a DRAPE (drug related adverse patient effect). Honestly.

I prefer to call it a green-out. For me, the greenout levels depend on how heavily and frequently I’ve been consuming. There’s also tighty-whitey’s (I had one about 10 days ago). I knew what was happening so I just curled up i to a ball for a few minutes and was ok.

About 5 years ago I was sitting in my basement, watching Walking Dead, smoking and eating Pizza. The room started spinning. I got on the couch. No good. thousand’s of small pieces of barfy pizza went into the wastebin.

About 1/2 an hour after, I finished the pizza. Cannabis is quite a paradoxical drug.

Tom

Here we go again...

...tried to tell me that it's impossible to OD on cannabis...

So it's pointless to argue, i vote for your "someone".

What is greening out, then? ... Isn't that an over dose?

Too bad "greening out" is stoner slang i just can't tell for sure what's that really about, maybe you get pointed ears and bleed green like mister Spock in Star Trek. But...

It turns out i did at some time personally experience successive episodes of "tunnel vision" + my peripheral senses getting shut down, close or reminescent to loosing consciousness and yet that just wasn't it and certainly nothing like an, aHummm... « Overdose ». More similar to a conscious dream.

Anyway, if you must absolutely insist, here's a most entertaining interlude with plenty of Overdose scenes. Beware it's graphic à la Hollywood:

Christiane F. (Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo, 2h10m53s)​

Not sure about greening out...

+1

Good day, have fun!! ☮️