Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Lasik eye surgery and MDMA

dustyw

Bluelighter
Hi,

Does anyone know the effect of MDMA and Lasik eye surgery?

Me and my girlfriend do MDMA 2-3 times a year (long weekends only).
We planned on doing it on x-mas after the family leaves. She had Lasik eye surgery 3 weeks ago. Sure there is a recovery time etc.

I wanted to ask if there would be any ill effects....if there is a 0.01% chance it could be harmful to her eyes (from the procedure) we will wait until April.

Does anyone have any knowledge or insight? We don't mind putting it off, but it would be cool if there was no risk to do it tomorrow.

I don't see much cause for concern, but it is pretty damn soon IMO. It probably would be better to wait another month or two but I don't think there will be any negative repercussions.. obviously I can NOT be sure though, so use caution and common sense as seen fit

I would ask a doctor honestly how long it takes to fully recover. MDMA tends to be hard one the eyes

What is the recovery time advised by the doctor ? What did they advise to be the points for concern?

I personally cannot see any reason why taking MDMA three weeks after Lasik could / would cause a problem? Maybe if you were using in a club setting where the dry ice /smoke etc could irritate the eyes but in a home setting I (personally) would not worry about it. If your using at home them maybe keep the lighting a bit lower than normal ?

The real recovery is about a week. She needs to be careful around dust/particles etc for a few months. We can't go snowboarding because of snow flakes in the eye etc.
We never do mdma in a club - we only do it at home together...nothing better.

She has read you absolutely cannot smoke week for the first week as it can do something to your eyes...now shes scared to do the MDMA so soon - which i don't blame her. We just need to figure out of there is any risk or not. She didn't ask her doctor and i don't think she would.

The only concern is that although your lenses re-attach within a day or two, it takes a few weeks before they are fully healed and vigorous rubbing of the eyes has a SMALL risk of causing them to separate again. So there's a chance that vigorous rubbing of the eyes can damage the lenses during the healing and it might be easy to forget and do that while rolling. After 3 weeks though, it should probably be okay - mine felt like I hadn't even had any surgery after just two.

LOL i said she can't snowboard just in case she gets snowflakes in her eyes - that was so wrong.
she told me its just in case you call and scratch your eye.

As a first hand experiencer of this, I experienced no issues except maybe even more powerful dilation of eyes, I couldn't focus whatsoever.