European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Largactil

Acidtek

Bluelighter
Anyone have any experience of taking this drug? Is it a good sleep aid? I only have one and have heard its a pretty old school drug?

Anyone have any experience of taking this drug? Is it a good sleep aid? I only have one and have heard its a pretty old school drug?

Chlorpromazine has been around from the 50s. I've tried it once and found it quite strange and I did get a good sleep from it. I've heard that over time it alters the brain chemistry so I wouldn't recommend using it often. I've heard it called chemical induced lobotomy. I don't know if it's that severe though.

Thanks for your input mate! :) keep it coming

I've been self medicating/experimenting with all sorts of drugs for years but I'd avoid Largactil unless you haven't got anything else an will have trouble sleeping. If it's just a one off though I can't see any problems. The one and only time I took it was back in 1996 and I haven't had any bother (that I know of)

I've got good meds prescribed at the mo, olanzapine pregabalin diazapam, but I'm always up for experimenting with new things!

I've got good meds prescribed at the mo, olanzapine pregabalin diazapam, but I'm always up for experimenting with new things!

My mate gets Olanzapine. An anti dep/psychotic? I've never heard of Pregablin but I'm jealous of your script of blues...:)

My Diaz script is a reduction one, I got a massive habit at one point, 150mgs plus, I was using it along with my subs to get off gear

My Diaz script is a reduction one, I got a massive habit at one point, 150mgs plus, I was using it along with my subs to get off gear

Fuckin' 'ell 15 blues a day is quite a script. I hope they're not cutting you down too sharply.

I believe this is Chlorpromazine, I was prescribed this for a few months after a bit of breakdown that resulted in secure care. Its proper old school, known in the states as Thorazine. I was on a relatively low dose, 50mgs a day, after a bit of faffing about with it although I was in with people that were very high doses way into 100's of mgs, this leads to very specific side effects, a shuffling walk and a mask like face, it's not a good look.

It is basically IME I chemical lobotomy, its release was somewhat of a revolution in mental health care at the time it largely replaced ECT way back in the 1960's, I'll leave you to look up the history.

Personally I guess it served a purpose for me for a short while but I didn't care for the stuff at all and took myself off it, it was a bit complicated when I got discharged, my GP was unable to change my prescriptions for a bit, but the after care team that should have been looking after me were a shower of shit.

It's the only anti-psychotic I've taken so I can't say of more modern ones are any better but I'd avoid the stuff like the plague, juts as a side note it is supposed to be one of the few substances that stops LSD in its tracks.

I got prescribed this (of all things) when I visited my GP with insomnia and crippling anxiety. I think 'chemical lobotomy' is spot on.

May work for you but didn't for me. As others have said, it's not one to be taken lightly.

I believe this is Chlorpromazine, I was prescribed this for a few months after a bit of breakdown that resulted in secure care. Its proper old school, known in the states as Thorazine. I was on a relatively low dose, 50mgs a day, after a bit of faffing about with it although I was in with people that were very high doses way into 100's of mgs, this leads to very specific side effects, a shuffling walk and a mask like face, it's not a good look.

It is basically IME I chemical lobotomy, its release was somewhat of a revolution in mental health care at the time it largely replaced ECT way back in the 1960's, I'll leave you to look up the history.

Personally I guess it served a purpose for me for a short while but I didn't care for the stuff at all and took myself off it, it was a bit complicated when I got discharged, my GP was unable to change my prescriptions for a bit, but the after care team that should have been looking after me were a shower of shit.

It's the only anti-psychotic I've taken so I can't say of more modern ones are any better but I'd avoid the stuff like the plague, juts as a side note it is supposed to be one of the few substances that stops LSD in its tracks.

In Barlinnie jail that's called the Largactil Shuffle.

Looks pretty horrible from the outside but then so does ketamine! I have never eaten this, just observed people who have.

Well I shall be testing this tonight, I don't have regular access so it's not really a problem.

A fellow ,'loon' i knew a few years ago (may happiness be with you wherever you are),referred to this as liquid cosh,though after googling it seems to refer to methadrone,i mean mephedrone,sorry,methadone.Yes methadone.

EDIT - ignore that ,it seems to cover a wider variety.

Last edited:
A dreadful drug. Tried it once long ago for opiate withdrawal and regretted it. Useful for an acute psychosis but there are better anti-psychotics around nowadays. I can't believe anyone would take it for recreational purposes.

As others said, this is a pretty hardcore drug to take for insomnia. It's fairly hardcore for mania/psychosis and isn't really in fashion now due to newer drugs with less (or different) side effects profiles, but in the right situation it can be an effective drug, as with a lot of psychiatric meds. Popping it to help you sleep is definitely not the right situation though, the risk:benefit ratio is not in your favour..

It's an older "typical" antipsychotic and carries a fairly high risk of movement disorders such as tardive dyskinesia (involuntary movements especially of the face which can be permanent), akathisia (uncomfortable restlessness) and Parkinsonism (stiffness, tremor, the shuffling walk and mask-like face mentioned above). It's also very sedating but not in a pleasant benzo-esque way and can make you feel pretty numb/dumb well into the next day..

yep heard it callled a chemical kosh and referred to as more of a psychotic than anti psychotic. keeps psychiatrists in work coz it keeps people insane i heard

Some dude in rehab was scripted the stuff and I recall him being stupendously sedated for days on end.

Many peeps suspected he'd bought in his own supply of smack. He was so f*cked all the time.
Chemical kosh sounds spot on.

As others said, this is a pretty hardcore drug to take for insomnia. It's fairly hardcore for mania/psychosis and isn't really in fashion now due to newer drugs with less (or different) side effects profiles, but in the right situation it can be an effective drug, as with a lot of psychiatric meds. Popping it to help you sleep is definitely not the right situation though, the risk:benefit ratio is not in your favour..

It's an older "typical" antipsychotic and carries a fairly high risk of movement disorders such as tardive dyskinesia (involuntary movements especially of the face which can be permanent), akathisia (uncomfortable restlessness) and Parkinsonism (stiffness, tremor, the shuffling walk and mask-like face mentioned above). It's also very sedating but not in a pleasant benzo-esque way and can make you feel pretty numb/dumb well into the next day..

The way you describe the "typical" antipsychotic is what happened to me with depixol. Horrendous beyond words,i had all those symptoms to the max,by the time the doctor arrived i was hunched up and couldn't put my tongue back into my mouth. It started with akathisia and became progressively worse.