• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Lansoprazole vs. Omeprazole vs. Esomeprazole

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Which drug from above is more effective at treating acid reflux brought on by Opioids? I've got a telephone appointment with my doctor in a few days and I wanna know which is the best proton pump inhibitor to ask for.

Cheers guys.

Last edited:
I think they should all be similarly effective. They are all OTC so no prescription required.

Personally I get alot of side-effects from that class of drugs so i usually try to steer clear.

They're all fairlt eqipotent so should be more or less interchangeable. This is really on th edge in regard to havng Harm Reduction in the mix.

I've just done some research and it apears Omeprazole has more of an inhibition effect on the P450 system compared to the others. I think I'll choose Omeprazole.

I have GERD so I've been on proton pump inhibitors most of my adult life. They really all have the same effect. I'm currently on pantoprazole, but I've been on esomaprazole and omeprazole. If anything, esomaprazole is most effective of the 3, by a very small margin.

I was using omeprazole but they are all similar and we only have so many of them out of monetary reasons I guess.

Lansoprazole (Prevacid) works the best for me. I have GERD also and it works better than Nexium and Prilosec for sure. But it probably just depends on you. It all works the same for some people.

Lansoprazole (Prevacid) works the best for me. I have GERD also and it works better than Nexium and Prilosec for sure. But it probably just depends on you. It all works the same for some people.
Same :) I'm on pantoprazole atm because I'm pregnant and several doctors have said that it's marginally safer for pregnancy than the others 🤷‍♀️ I honestly think they're all so similar that it hardly matters which one I take whilst pregnant.