Site Feedback Lack of dedicated focus forum for stimulants and opiates?

Where is the Stimulants Focus Forum?

I notice there is a focus forum for cannabis, empathogens, psychedelics and the like, but why is there no stimulants focus forum? There is no focus forum that includes cocaine or amphetamines, and I think it would be nice to have one.

What does everyone think?

I apologize if there somehow is one and I missed it, or if this has already been explained .

^ I merged this in with some other relevant discussion from support for you.

I notice there is a focus forum for cannabis, empathogens, psychedelics and the like, but why is there no stimulants focus forum? There is no focus forum that includes cocaine or amphetamines, and I think it would be nice to have one.

I apologize if there somehow is one and I missed it, or if this has already been explained .

Stimulants like cocaine and amps are under the umbrella of Other Drugs, along with things like opiates, benzos, etc.

I think that combo threads are a big reason for keeping those drugs together. Otherwise where would all the speedball threads go? What about the ones asking about using a benzo for a stimulant comedown?

In my view, you can see Other Drugs and Psychedelic Drugs as appealling to two relatively different groups of users, I imagine that a lot of PD posters rarely use cocaine or heroin, if at all, and likewise, that a lot of ODers don't take a lot of psychedelics or dissociatives. In addition, these groups tend to have different concerns and kinds of answers- injection technique and withdrawals, for instance, are best suited to OD, whereas discussion of ethnobotanicals is more at home with PD. There is sufficient differentiation that we gain more in terms of ease of use and organisation than we lose by splitting the user base (because they are essentially, for the most part, already two separate populations). We then have ED and CD, for MDMA and cannabis. The discussion in these forums tends to be of a more basic nature, given that these are often drugs which relatively young and inexperienced users are exposed to and curious about. In these cases, CD and ED allow those users to find the information they need without the hostility to those with less advanced questions that is unfortunately all too common, and prevents users of OD and PD from being deterred by, or frustrated with, a multitude of threads that are not relevant to them.

Opioids, stimulants and depressants are not analogous to these cases. Often, there is polydrug use, be it of heroin and cocaine or methamphetamine, or of a range of different pharmaceuticals. Some users of these drugs may stick narrowly to one substance, but it is more common that people who take speed, fpr example also take coke, and these users also take benzos. So, we do not have the two distinct user groups that allows us to separate OD and PD. Furthermore, the experiences of these users, even if they do not use the same drugs, is not irrelevant. People with opioid or benzo habits can advise those looking to taper down their GHB use. Those who inject methamphetamine can tell heroin users how to inject as safely as possible. So, we also do not have a case where users of different drugs do not conduct discussion relevant to users with a different DOC.

All too often, it seems that people want to split the forum for the sake of it, to endlessly balkanise the forum into tiny islands of specific discussion. This is wrongheaded, in my view, we should split forums only if a pressing need arises. Forums are nothing more than virtual spaces that people can use, and when people regularly associate with each other in the same space, a community develops. That is BL's only real asset, the people who use it and the things they contribute. In the past, forums have been split because there was clear reason to do so and popular approval of the move gave staff a mandate to go ahead with it. That's not the case here, I think if you ask the OD staff, and the OD users who are regular, long term posters here, the consensus is that things work as they are. What could we stand to gain by disrupting a forum that doesn't just work, but is one of the best, if not the best, resuorce for information pertaining to safe and responsible drug use?

i'm not being harsh here but a stim forum would have enormous unreadably long posts and be filled with psychosis episodes

i'm saying this because dedicated stim feinds do this shit a lot whereas people who use them once or twice a year dont fall into the same degree of madness

plus as has been said before stim users are often opiate/benzo users. so whats the point in splitting it all up

i'm not being harsh here but a stim forum would have enormous unreadably long posts and be filled with psychosis episodes

i'm saying this because dedicated stim feinds do this shit a lot whereas people who use them once or twice a year dont fall into the same degree of madness

plus as has been said before stim users are often opiate/benzo users. so whats the point in splitting it all up

You make quite a good point... But how about a trial of a Dedicated Stimulant Forum, see how it goes, if it turns to shit, get rid of it and move whatever useful stimulant based threads and put them in the Original Other Drugs forum. If it turns out to be good, keep it going, migrate OD Stimulant discussions into the stimulant forum.

Allthough, it could be a lot of work, is it unnecesary, maybe, could it work better, maybe, theres only one true way to find out.

But an Alcohol Sub Forum? Please, an Alcohol Subforum over a Stimulant Subforum. Well in short, who actually uses alcohol here and has a question they really need to ask? Majority of questions regarding alcohol get posted in the other drugs forum already and mostly its about alcohol in combination with a drug that would go in the other drugs forum anyway not just alcohol itself. Alcohol covers Alcohol, there are too much questions to ask about itself. Stimulant covers Phenethylamines, Aminoindanes, Cathinones, Xanthines, Cocaine and the biggest one Stimulant RCs not to mention that is 4 examples of different classes of stimulants.

how come forums arent broken up into specific drug

I was wondering why each drug isnt broken up into its own sub forum. Like heroin has its own, meth has its own, cocaine, dxm, etc. Theres a couple but it would seem that the drugs i just listed would get its own forum than over something like Steroids.

It seems like it would be easier for people coming on here with questions about a substance rather than searching through topics that might have nothing to do with their substance.

Most of the time when i come on here the forum with the most viewers is the Basic Drug Discussion forum where the heroin, meth, and other "mainstream hard drugs" are found. :?

I think this has been talked about before and it sounds like a good idea: Keep opiates in their own area, same for benzos, cocaine, other stimulants, dissociatives, hypnotics, and so forth. Say we have moderators to patrol each sub forum but you would still have people who post in a general forum with their questions.

It would require an increased moderation effort to answer those questions and move to the correct sub forum. Overall, creating more problems than it's worth because ideally people will post in the correct sub forums but if they are taking more than one drug it gets sticky. Many people report using a couple or more different drugs. So in a poly drug situation, the user wouldn't be able to place it in one or another sub forum.

It would be easier to the person coming here. When i came here for the first time i was confused on how things were organized. I didnt know where the topics i was interested in were located. And that actually kept me away for a little while. Call me stupid or whatever but i dont think im the only one. The poly drug user, as myself, is irrelavent here. I look in each forum depending on my mood or question. Usually my questions are either about one or the other, not both at the same time. I dont really see people posting about different drugs at the same time.

Get rid of the general forum all together because when you break them down into their own forum, it defeats the reason to have a general forum. Keep the other drugs forum in case someone has a topic different than the listed drugs which would be rare.

If its just a matter of not having enough moderators, i can see how that might be an issue but saying its gonna be more work than its worth is something i dont really think is justified to say. Why do you have to move threads anyway? Just tell the person which forum they need to move it too and close the thread. If they dont, than thats there problem. There are other sites that have it and its quite easy to navigate through them.

your feedback is appreciated but bl has evolved over a long time (15 years or so) and, while not perfect, the system is understood and embraced.

many substances have like-characteristics and the hr information is very similar. Having separate forums for, say, mdma and mda, would lead to a lot of unnecessary duplication and would make it harder for people to find information.

alasdair

I understand and i dont mean to come off like i know better or anything. Just seems like a functional addition and would make it easier to navigate. I think people would agree on what is a universally known substance like heroin, amphetamines, cocaine/crack, marijiuana, tabacco, alchohol, downers, dissociatives, mushrooms, ectascy and mdma, opiates and opiods, LSD, GHB and even research chemicals. With subforums under those like meth with ampetamine or fentynal and heroin under opiates that would help with the like characteristics you mentioned.

Even though i didnt really get an explanation, I get it, dont fix whats not broken.

Shit...dont i look smart. you got me there. Sure is an explanation. Well, i never claimed to be really smart. Have a good one.

I was wondering why each drug isnt broken up into its own sub forum. Like heroin has its own, meth has its own, cocaine, dxm, etc. Theres a couple but it would seem that the drugs i just listed would get its own forum than over something like Steroids.

It seems like it would be easier for people coming on here with questions about a substance rather than searching through topics that might have nothing to do with their substance.

Most of the time when i come on here the forum with the most viewers is the Basic Drug Discussion forum where the heroin, meth, and other "mainstream hard drugs" are found. :?

My argument against this has always been that we need the general forum due to the number of combination threads we get here. People on one drug will ask about which drug from several other classes they should use for their comedown, or for whatever else.

Also, I merged your thread in with a near identical one.

Last edited:
I took quite some time reading the other threads on this topic and based on that, im just going to drop my idea all together based on a few reoccuring themes i noticed.