• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Laced Weed

iksaxophone

Bluelighter
I understand there is a risk in pre-rolled joints, which in my opinion one should never buy. But a number of people from the elder generation (most alarmingly from radio journalists) have expressed concern that herb might be laced. The most common one mentioned is fentanyl. Is there any evidence for this?

holllllyyyyy shit that'd be some expensive herb to come laced with fent.

Radio "journalists" are some of the worst in terms of hyping up nothing.

Generally cannabis is not laced because cannabis is an agricultural product and almost anything you lace it with would be more expensive. The only (rare) exception is I feel there last year there were a couple cases of cannabis treated with synthetic cannabinoids to add strength.

Interesting, I did not know that filler agents would be more expensive than the weed itself.
Yeah, this BS is coming from the CBC, Canada's national, publicly funded, mostly left leaning radio station. I was pissed when I heard it but I wanted to gather some opinions.

Yea as the others said, there no profit in lacing it.
plus it would be obvious as fuck, imagine getting a gram of weed and amber coloured crystal chunks fall out of the nug... Suspect.

Look man ive smoked weed for 5 years everyday. Ive never had laced weed. The only problems you should find in weed are bad taste, its badly flushed, picked to early, or mould. Maybe a few others.

The only thing you could practically lace weed with is synthetic weed, which would be obvious as fuck.

I've been smoking weed 15 years never been sold laced weed unless it was advertised as such.

The laced weed I would by had PCP in it and it smells and tastes entirely different.

I would guess 99% of laced weed stories are people smoking a higher grade then accustomed to.

I've been smoking weed 15 years never been sold laced weed unless it was advertised as such.

The laced weed I would by had PCP in it and it smells and tastes entirely different.

I would guess 99% of laced weed stories are people smoking a higher grade then accustomed to.

On point.

The thing about laced weed (with whatever) these days, is that it's possible but it's almost a given that the buyer is going to be aware of what he's buying. Most smokers know what unadulterated tree looks/smells/tastes/feels, and when other shit is added to it there's a red flag.

The biggest exception to the whole "there's no profit in it'-argument is when people add stupid shit to increase the weight, a la` European "grit weed" and the shady dealers back in the day that would mist their nugs with sugar- or saltwater before a sale.

In the USA, though, in my experience and from what I can tell from others, this shit is just not likely to happen unless you're looking for it or doing it to your weed yourself.

With the North American fentanyl crisis going on right now it makes sense that mainstream media is going to demonize marijuana and attempt to scare people away with such tactics.

Realistically laced weed is such a rarity nowadays (let alone with freaking fentanyl) that even the more inexperienced smokers are going to be able to spot that shit easy. I wouldn't worry about it, it's so incredibly uncommon and makes no sense for dealers to do anyways.

I've never actually witnessed laced weed made by anyone but me, and the only reason I did that with my prescription was to prevent seizures as quickly as possible and I only ever did it after being prescribed every last thing involved and consulting 5 doctors. The onset was too slow to function resulting in a prescription change. In the meantime I had to mix and smoke, it was a terrible remedy. I'd say the laced weed thing is overblown. The biggest evidence is how fast chemicals pass the blood-brain barrier when something is smoked. If it's full of fentanyl, that will hit before you have a chance to take another drag thus saving you.

Last edited:
If you buy pre-rolled joints from a medical dispensary or recreational dispensary then they shouldn't be laced... I buy it all the time from medical dispensaries in Cali.

I always thought that if you wanted to smoke a pill, you need to use indirect heat. I am seeing lots of news stories about weed in my area being laced with fentanyl. Would the burning of the weed destroy the fentanyl? Even if it didn't, I still believe this is fake news.

I track down a single report in kelowna BC that was reported in the news saying weed was being laced with fentanyl. It turned out to be untrue and began at the local health authority. Despite it being fake news it did huge damage to the black,market sales and promoted the new white market very well.

Lies and rumours make money, people will lie. I haven't found a single confirmable report. I haven't chased any more I just disregard fear reports.

Weed is by far the safest drug in my cabinet. Little betty dies from aspirin only big pharma makes money off it so it's danger is down played and weed is demonized because it doesn make them money.

One of the media followup.

Last edited:
I don't smoke often these days, usually just once or twice a year, but I smoked CONSTANTLY for over 20 years and never ONCE smoked laced weed or talked to anyone who has.

I don't know if that kind of thing was more common in the older days before my time like 60s, 70s and earlier, but I think it's such a rare phenomenon that it barely even needs to be mentioned.

I mean when I try to even GUESS the never of times I've bought different types of weed from different people...shit...I mean what would that number even come to? Over 1,000?? Who knows....and if something was ever laced with anything and I didn't know it must have been weak as hell.

With those kinds of numbers I think it's a hoke phenomenon, and usually when someone brings up the possibility of weed being laced as a serious danger to buying it illegally it's the first sign that I know the person has no idea what they are talking about and is irrationally afraid.

I usually hear it mentioned by older people who are saying "yeah, I don't think it's good for young people to smoke weed cause you never know what's in it..."....which, if that were true, would be a strong argument for decriminalization, and yet usually those same people are against that too LOL.

And of all things FENTANYL?? Shit, that could kill someone or at least put them in the hospital and it would only take one or two potheads for that to happen to before that dealer loses ALL his buyers and possibly ends up in prison.

Lacing heroin w/ fent is different I think cause (as someone who has never and will never use heroin or IV any drug) people who buy heroin are often heavily dependent and desperate and the fact that they IV heroin at all also makes them much more likely to take more serious risks than a simple weed smoker.

I think your average weed smoker in this day and age doesn't use a whole lot of other drugs, usually drinks and will sometimes uses a psychedelic or MDMA and nothing harder, or at least if I had to think of all the potheads I've known in my life that's usually how they are and they usually don't use any drugs on a regular or semi regular basis other than weed and booze.

Lacing weed with anything for buyers like that, let alone Fentanyl, is basically just risking losing your entire market.

If you buy pre-rolled joints from a medical dispensary or recreational dispensary then they shouldn't be laced... I buy it all the time from medical dispensaries in Cali.

No shit dude.

Most of us don't live in weed legal states/countries.

We were talking about illegal weed or else this wouldn't even be a conversation.

No offense, but it annoys me sometimes how people from weed legal states talk as if everyone lives in them.

There's only a few right now if I'm not wrong...mainly Cali, Colorado and Washington.

Not sure if I missed a couple, but you DO realize that more than 4/5ths of the United States does NOT have decriminalized weed....RIGHT? (And also a HELL of a lot more than 80% of the world as a whole does not have legal weed....probably like 90% or more of the world does not allow recreational weed smoking and often not even medical....stupid I know, at least it's changing...SLOWLY...)

I dunno man, Smoking Weeds reply from 2.5 years seemed pretty reasonable to me, if not slightly obvious.

I dunno man, Smoking Weeds reply from 2.5 years seemed pretty reasonable to me, if not slightly obvious.

Sure very reasonable, but the way he said it sounded like he thought everyone had access to legal weed.

Didn't realize it was from 2.5 years ago though.

I smoked some weed laced with heroin the other day I laced it myself it was shit I wish id have smoked the weed on its own it ruined the flavour.

That awkward silence where your not sure if what you said caused it ouch

Don't worry about being judged here - people do insane shit.

One time i got a blowjob from an older man who was wearing womens underwear after he offered me several lines of blow..

On topic: Never had laced weed.

Peace.