• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet Lab tests for cholesterol and sodium

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
So, I just had a lab test done from my insurance incentive. Not from a doctor. Or I would ask them.

Basically, I’m a little concerned and want to know if it’s early enough I can fix this with diet changes and exercise . My LDL was 175, hdl normal, total cholesterol was 250. Sodium was I don’t recall exactly but it was low enough to they put it in the red. Sugar was 108. BP - 126/69 pulse 81.

Everything else was normal. If I change my diet and exercise can I change this effectively or would I need meds?

Maybe I’m overthinking this.

You MIGHT be over thinking it but it's always a good thing when we care about our health. BP and pulse are right on. Good for you.

Cholesterol of 250 is close to normal. Mine was in that range and it requires no meds. Anything between 200 and 300 isn't wonderful but diet can improve the numbers. Maybe watch the fats and a diet that is known to clog the arteries.

Sodium and potassium will go up and down depending on time of day and diet and exercise. Not sure what is considered high in sodium .......google it.........and then eat either more, or less, iodized salt. I would be more worried about our potassium number than the sodium. Potassium has the ability to mess with our heart if we are deficient. Sodium just usually makes us retain water and is more easily fixed. See if you can find out what your potassium levels were.

You seem pretty healthy ........keep up the good work. :cheer:

I... want to know if it’s early enough I can fix this with diet changes and exercise
Absolutely diet, exercise and lifestyle changes can reverse a host of ills we create for ourselves.
As NR mentioned; google what issues you may have and find foods, drinks and other natural ways to combat them.
Not encouraging anyone to go against a doctor's orders but pharmaceuticals are produced mostly to profit from the mass population.
Want a burger? Skip McDonalds and make it at home... it will be to your liking, ya know it wasn't dropped on the floor and served anyway, isn't molested and will be a healthier meal in general as it will not contain all the additives, preservatives, sugars and other added crap that makes them so "good".
Foods have gotten us where we are and foods can get us out of this pit we dig ourselves into.
Best of luck with this.
Peace

yep. stick to real cooked foods. cooking is fun, builds community and it's delicious.