View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

L S D: Is there anything else like it?

<Third_Eye_Lasik>

Ex-Bluelighter
Is anyone aware of a legally synthesized version of anything close to touching the pristine perfection found in that of which I speak? Or thoughts?

Are you asking if there are any existing substances which are anything like LSD? That could make an interesting topic.

DOC is like LSD in a lot of ways. In some ways I like it better. It's definitely not the same drug, but you might enjoy it. DOC lasts about twice as long as LSD though. Rougher on the body too.

Also I changed the title so it will be more obvious what the thread is about to someone browsing for information. :)

Your gesture did not fall wayside Xorkoth, and is highly appreciated. Flawless modmenship. Lending your empathetic fingers to correct my vaguely versed question, as to find my intent could reach the light of day. Any information, preferabely in regards to shorter span trips due to exstensive LSD ingestion and floating anxiety. Chemists ranging from obvious inept origins to true periodic table craftsmen. Thanks again, despite this topic's redundancy here, I'm sure.

I agree that DOC is very acid-like, but I agree that it is a bit tougher on the body.

I find 2c-E to be more acid like, only honestly, better. 2c-E is breathtaking, and I can't wait to try it again at a higher dose.

^Agreed with 2C-E, slightly 'colder' I feel. But it certainly has the machine-raping-brain feeling of LSD...Still, a long enough experience though, 8hrs plus for me. A shorter chemical with equal power (or chemcials) would be psilocin and anlogues (of which there are many). I have a fondeness for the brevity of the likes of DMT, ketamine, DPT etc. peronally.

I have been told that DPT can be a lot like LSD. However in reading reports I don't get the impression it is. I haven't tried DPT yet personally.

CP (5-Meo-w) is probably the only thing legal that's similar to Lucy. Here's a little info:

What is the CP trip like? Many report beautiful colors and extraordinary feelings from their CP trip. Expect hallucinations on moderate dosages, but that is not to say one cannot experience visual distortion on smaller dosages.

How much CP should I take? The recommended dosage for the beginner is 10 tablespoons of straight CP.

Do all cats produce a psychoactive urine? Yes, there is a special gland connected to the bladder in all cats which produces a psychoactive substance that is secreted in the urine. Little is known about this gland "Cytrificulius" Different breeds of cat (different strains) produce different types of highs. While a bobcat would produce an intense body buzz, a Siamese would give you an acid like trip lasting for several hours and leaving you physically drained.

I urge safe and responsible usage of this most sacred golden nectar of the Gods.

no. and simply becasue no other substance has such noticable effects at such low doses. i dont think anything else is even measured in micrograms.

Well, I think we're talking about the subjective effects, not the physical dose needed. Although duly noted and worth mentioning! :)

I wouldn't say the phenethylamine/amphetamine derivatives were that much like LSD either in feel or in terms of receptor binding. I think the sort of thingyou're asking about is LSM (lysergic acid morpholide), where the diethylamine group is replaced by a morpholine ring - it's supposed to be almost identical to LSD, but only acting 5-6 hours (requires 300ug for a full dose as opposed to 100ug for LSD.

Another one is the amide forme from 2,4-dimethylazetidine, which again is very LSD like in action, but is apparedntly a tad more potent

DOC is the closest to lsd I have experienced so far, closely followed by 2C-E. But neither could pass for acid, they both are different drugs from acid. Both very interesting and worthwhile in their own right.

The closest to acid would probably be ALD-52, but I haven't had the chance to try it. And then there's the other lsd analogues.

Ismene said:
CP (5-Meo-w) is probably the only thing legal that's similar to Lucy. Here's a little info:

What is the CP trip like? Many report beautiful colors and extraordinary feelings from their CP trip. Expect hallucinations on moderate dosages, but that is not to say one cannot experience visual distortion on smaller dosages.

How much CP should I take? The recommended dosage for the beginner is 10 tablespoons of straight CP.

Do all cats produce a psychoactive urine? Yes, there is a special gland connected to the bladder in all cats which produces a psychoactive substance that is secreted in the urine. Little is known about this gland "Cytrificulius" Different breeds of cat (different strains) produce different types of highs. While a bobcat would produce an intense body buzz, a Siamese would give you an acid like trip lasting for several hours and leaving you physically drained.

I urge safe and responsible usage of this most sacred golden nectar of the Gods.

Hey Izzy where does one buy such delightful cats - have you tried it ( undoubtedly so I imagine) & what sort of effects could I expect to get from milking the sacred urine of a feral northern English cat - or is it pot luck with ferals?

Xorkoth said:
I have been told that DPT can be a lot like LSD. However in reading reports I don't get the impression it is. I haven't tried DPT yet personally.

DPT is very nice but the effects couldn't pass for acid. There are of course similarities, but that's to be expected when you compare two psychedelics.

Well I mean exactly how similar is similar - I suppose that depends upon the sophistication of your psychedelic palate to some degree.

B9 said:
Hey Izzy where does one buy such delightful cats - have you tried it ( undoubtedly so I imagine) & what sort of effects could I expect to get from milking the sacred urine of a feral northern English cat - or is it pot luck with ferals?

You just need a docile one as trying to milk one when it's angry is a nightmare :D

soma-tose said:
no. and simply becasue no other substance has such noticable effects at such low doses. i dont think anything else is even measured in micrograms.

Bromo-Dragonfly would be measured in micrograms.

OnT: I think LSA seeds don't differ too much from LSD in terms of desired effects. They have a shitload of side effects, though.

B9 said:
Well I mean exactly how similar is similar - I suppose that depends upon the sophistication of your psychedelic palate to some degree.

It depends on more than that. It also has to do with the scope of the comparison. If you compare every material known to man, then acid and DPT for example are quite similar. They both create psychedelic states, something that not many materials do. They are much more alike then acid and sand for instance.

But if you just compare psychedelics to each other then acid and DPT have obvious differences. Even apart from duration the quality of the effects is different. That's why I ask myself if the experience could pass for acid. And the answer is no. An experienced user would be able to tell them apart, without considering length etc.

Acid has something unique I haven't yet encountered in any other psychedelic. It has the ability to be very profound, deep and meaningful while you still maintain the ability to function. It's like enlightenment in crystal form, like being alive for the first time.

There is nothing like LSD. You need search no further than this wonderous chemical. It is the deepest psychedelic and most powerful psychotropic compound known to man.

While not wishing to knock the sacred cid, I think DMT might be the brains choice of psychedelic.