• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

L-amphetamine and l-methamphetamine

Well you said that L-amph inhibited the formation of 6OHDA; inhibited its formation from what? From D-amph, or just tonic basal levels?

Anybody know which isomer of amphetamine binds more strongly to the D2 receptor?

Don't go searching for the references on pubmed etc., because I could do that myself, but I think somebody here has got to know it off the top of their head or have the appropriate reference close at hand.

I didn't know either of time did. GPCR.org quotes "AMPHETAMINE" as having a Ki >10000nM for D2, citing:
BURT, D.R., CREESE, I., and SNYDER, S.H.: Properties of [3H]haloperidol and [3H]dopamine binding associated with dopamine receptors in calf brain membranes. Mol. Pharmacol. 12: 800-812 (1976).

I thought amphetamine bound at physiologically relevant concentrations to some other synaptic membrane target besides monoamine transporters. Maybe I just got it confused with another drug.

So effectively taking seligiline has the same effect as taking amphetamines although obviously a much weaker effect?

I am interested as it is not expensive to buy...

Anyone tried it?

It does not have a similar effect, at least in terms of self-perception.

More uniform energy levels throughout the day, VERY slightly increased motivation and focus, not so slightly increased libido.

I get weaker effects from it than others though.

Maybe I was a bit cheerier than normal, but not noticeably. If I was, any effect on mood abated by week 1 anyway.

ebola

The L form of PEA derivatives is usually alot weaker than the corresponding D form. It is in fact almost inactive on its own. Although the D form is stronger than a racemic mixture, the L isomer is thought to alleviate some of the jitteryness of the pure D isomer. This is according to uncle fester and what i have read in pihkal.

I dunno what drugs you're talking about but with amphetamine and methamphetamine it greatly increases the jitteriness.