• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

L.A. prosecutors: CeeLo Green is not a raper

Bluelight Crew
CeeLo Green cleared of sex assault, charged with giving drugs to woman

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_...ex-assault-charged-with-giving-drugs-to-woman

Los Angeles prosecutors have charged CeeLo Green with giving Ecstasy to a woman who claimed the singer drugged her and had sex with her, but have declined to file charges of sexual assault against him, citing insufficient evidence.

Green, whose real name is Thomas DeCarlo Callaway, was accused last year by a woman he dined with at a downtown Los Angeles sushi restaurant of placing Ecstasy, also known as MDMA or Molly, in her drink.

The woman later told Los Angeles Police detectives she woke up naked in bed in a room with Green. The department opened an investigation into the woman's allegations and consulted with prosecutors, who asked detectives to continue to seek evidence in the case.

The 39-year-old singer, a judge on the NBC show “The Voice,” denied drugging the singers drink or committing sexual assault. Sources said police did not believe there was evidence of “wrongful intent.”

Green faces a single count of ecstasy possession. He is scheduled to make a court appearance Monday afternoon in Department 30 at the downtown Los Angeles criminal courts building.

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_...ex-assault-charged-with-giving-drugs-to-woman

How is he being charged with possession based on accusations he drugged her with it? This accuser sounds like a moron who is probably making false allegations, judging by the notion that MDMA is the drug in question which the woman claims she was given. Where is the root of the allegation, i.e. does she believe she was given ecstasy or did Mr. Green say he did or for whatever reason is ecstasy the drug in question? Of call the drugs I think MDMA is near the top of the list of drugs unlikely to be used as "date-rape drugs". If the story went: woman unknowingly given MDMA by Mr. Green and then she consented to sex while under its influence, that story bears some weight to it finding Green guilty of a crime. But it sounds more like she is claiming it caused he to blackout and Green then took advantage of her, a la the typical date-rape drug (roofies, GHB) situation, but unlikely MDMA would be the drug used in this woman's case.

Unless they actually found ecstasy on Green or he admitted to being in possession of it that night, I can't imagine what basis there is for the charges.

Last edited:
He should have been booked on rape.

Tbph I wish people would date rape me with me GHB.

I wouldn't complain ;)

I was never the biggest X man.. but really does X cause blackouts? Gold Diga.. even the damn Police think he's innocent of any "wrongful intent," and when the police are saying a black man is innocent, sure as shit I bet he is innocent of anything that should be illegal.

I find that the reaction to these stories depends on the reputation of the musician as a musician. Like, when Rick Ross simply rapped about doing this, the reaction against Rick Ross was very intense.

There needs to be more information to make a thorough judgement on this case. I am just basing my opinion on what it seems happened. But there is most likely most to the story than this article reveals. I mean why is MDMA the DOC is this date rape accusation? Did she take is recently and know she would come up positive on a urine screen for it? Did he admit to giving the girl ecstasy? Did she know he was doing it that night so assumed it was slipped into her drink (if anything was)?

Whatever the case this wreaks of the typical taking advantage of a celebrity by crying rape. These situations seem so unlike for the simple reason of motive, I mean Green isn't exactly Denzel Washington or Usher, but he doubt he need to date rape a woman to get a fine piece of ass. In the end the accuser doesn't even need to win the case to get money, they just request some amount that appeases themselves to drop the charges, like a few hundred Ks. Of course the celebrity defendant can easily pay it off, which is better than letting the story grow and having it be a continued nuisance for them.

Last edited:
I was never the biggest X man.. but really does X cause blackouts?

When I used to use alot of MDMA I never had blackouts, or would do things I didn't wont to, like wake up in some randoms bed who I had been out to dinner with.

I wonder how they knew it was MDMA? Would they have blood or urine tested her?

When I used to use alot of MDMA I never had blackouts, or would do things I didn't wont to, like wake up in some randoms bed who I had been out to dinner with.
Yep.. she is most likely totally full of shit and was looking to get paid.

CeeLo Green is not a raper

At first I thought they were placing him in a genre... He is not a rapper, but a pop star.
Is "raper" even a word? We have "rapist", so I don't see a need for "raper".

It's also (lol) an Australian surname!

lol indeed, pretty well known family name in the rugby league here.

At the high school I attended, there was a Coach Raper.

lol at 'coach raper' - A person who rapes coaches. What an unfortunate surname.

Richard Raper would be a bad name, 'Dick Raper'.

What a joke. MDMA has a strong and very... distinctive taste, no way she wouldn't notice it in her drink. So if it she did take it, it would have been willingly.

Sounds to me like she hooked up with him, regretted it and decided to cry rape.

What a joke. MDMA has a strong and very... distinctive taste, no way she wouldn't notice it in her drink. So if it she did take it, it would have been willingly.

Sounds to me like she hooked up with him, regretted it and decided to cry rape.
or decided to try and capitalize on it. before or after.. yeah the song fits

I find that the reaction to these stories depends on the reputation of the musician as a musician. Like, when Rick Ross simply rapped about doing this, the reaction against Rick Ross was very intense.
Rick Ross is an exprison guard pretending to be freeway Rick Ross and he can't even rap. I'm definatly biased against Rick and for postively for cee lo, but Rick says he does it in his "rap" and cee lo is just denying accusations.