• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom

Sharksfan13

Greenlighter
Hi Everyone,

I am new here, and I am not sure I can even ask this, but was wondering if anyone knows of a good source to get kratom from. I’ve ordered online and the place had great reviews, but I don’t really get much of a feeling from any of it anymore. It’s more of just a ‘routine’ to me now. Granted, I don’t really have anything to potentiate it, outside of gabapentin. Doesn’t really do anything though. Although, from the place I do order kratom, I get the extract bottles, and those mixed with some gabapentin do make for a small high for me. Just a nice relaxing feeling.

A few years back, I was taking 10/325 Norcos with soma. That to me, was one of the best feelings, even if it didn’t last but an hour or so. I have smoked heroin, but that’s just a once in awhile thing for fun. I have never injected or really done anything else.

I am also from California, where this dang state is so strict about things. Not sure if that helps.

Happy New Year to you all!

Cant source but it wouldn't help you anyway. The majority of the kratom in the US is supplied by the same guys. Its literally all the same shit

BL has an overall "no sourcing policy." It's in the BLUA (Bluelight User Agreement).

Your tolerance is probably a big part of the issue. Sorry to say it, but the best way to make it feel like it used to is to use it less/stop for a while. I suspect both backing off and stopping would be rather unpleasant if you've really been taking it consistently, too.

Thanks for the replies everyone and sorry for the delay. Yeah, I take a good amount of kratom, but rarely take the extracts, as it becomes too pricy. Although, I’ve been cutting back on kratom and don’t take it as much now. So, hopefully that will help.

I take a good amount of kratom, but rarely take the extracts, as it becomes too pricy.
I've been using kratom for several years but I've never tried any extracts, only powder and capsules of powder. I try to buy from vendors recommended by AKA.

(edit)
AKA is the American Kratom Association. My link to their site was removed because they list vendors.
*Sorry about that-- I honestly forgot about that restriction* Anyway, you can easily find the AKA online and they are a respected entity with lots of general info about kratom, kratom news/laws, and a list of reliable vendors.

PS-- If you take it with orange juice or anything acidic it seems to boost the effects a little. Best thing is to try to keep your tolerance down. I've cut back a lot from when I first started using it.

Last edited:
Hey I just saw this thread. The American Kratom Association provides a list of reputable vendors + a lot of other info.
Hope it helps:
No they do NOT! The AKA-listed vendors care nothing for fair trade, clean product, or harm reduction. Nor does the AKA. They ONLY care about keeping kratom legal so they can keep making their billions. In seeking safe and quality kratom, the AKA list is where you should NOT look. Especially in a harm reduction forum

No they do NOT! The AKA-listed vendors care nothing for fair trade, clean product, or harm reduction. Nor does the AKA. They ONLY care about keeping kratom legal so they can keep making their billions. In seeking safe and quality kratom, the AKA list is where you should NOT look. Especially in a harm reduction forum
I admit that I am ignorant about kratom fair trade issues.
I will say that I've never had any health or consistency issues with the vendors I've bought from. I will also say that I've never used extracts or concentrates of any kind, only powdered leaf. As with cannabis, I think it best to stick to the natural product. We often get into trouble when we start tinkering with Mother Nature.

I admit that I am ignorant about kratom fair trade issues.
I will say that I've never had any health or consistency issues with the vendors I've bought from. I will also say that I've never used extracts or concentrates of any kind, only powdered leaf. As with cannabis, I think it best to stick to the natural product. We often get into trouble when we start tinkering with Mother Nature.
It's so unfortunate that we don't have a better organization to have our backs. The AKA is corrupt and very for-profit.

Their listed vendors paid a fee of a very large amount ($20,000 is what I heard last but that could be wrong or changed). The AKA then appoints an inspector to their facility, ONE TIME. This does not ensure on-going clean or safe product.

Now the fair-trade is a big issue because Indo farmers and suppliers are adulterating a massive amount of product to keep up with the $3 per kilo they are paid. We are talking corn husks and other non-kratom leaves. I linked an Indonesian newspaper articles evidencing this practice below. Those things do not show up in lab tests. And that is if the lab cert is even legit or truly belongs to your bag of kratom (but that's a whole other conversation). These AKA-listed vendors commonly buy from the same broker/s who pay even less than $3 per kilo. It's likely that you have never had pure kratom.

The problem is that kratom is a multi-billion dollar UN-REGULATED industry and the AKA is not a governing body. Because of all of this, kratom is dangerous. It's not the leaf itself - it's the product we are getting. And adulteration has and is happening on the US/EU side too (see links below) , and AKA-listed vendors have been caught. I tested a liquid extract shot positive for fentanyl last year. While I believe it was a false positive for an antihistamine, thats still adulteration. I informed the AKA as it was one of their brands - they gave 0 shits. Two months later, a wrongful death lawsuit was filed against the same brand.

The absolute best thing you can do is grow your own or buy direct. Unless you have the ability to KNOW your vendor and by that I mean SEE their facilities and process and know their supplier.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info. It was quite eye-opening. I haven't read all of the articles you linked, but I certainly will.
The absolute best thing you can do is grow your own or buy direct.
I'm intrigued with the idea of growing my own. I live on 10 acres in Tennessee and I already grow my own cannabis (also tomatoes, hot peppers, etc).

I know that kratom normally grows in SE Asia. Do you know of anyone who's successfully grown kratom in the US? Any idea how I'd get seeds?

Thanks for all the info. It was quite eye-opening. I haven't read all of the articles you linked, but I certainly will.

I'm intrigued with the idea of growing my own. I live on 10 acres in Tennessee and I already grow my own cannabis (also tomatoes, hot peppers, etc).

I know that kratom normally grows in SE Asia. Do you know of anyone who's successfully grown kratom in the US? Any idea how I'd get seeds?

There are people who grow in the USA, yeah

I’ll send you a link via PM

I do. I’m in NC. You are in the perfect environment there in TN but you are going to have to bring them in for December and January. As long as they are hot and humid they are good.

Don’t start from seed. If you do then you have at least 5 years to wait until harvest but ideally longer. Get cuttings. There is a guy in TX that sells them online. I can’t source so just Google it. Be aware that 1 plant isn’t going to sustain a daily habit. I have 5 trees and I still have to buy from Indonesia.

If you can do it - it will be the best you have ever had and you will see how the stuff you’ve gotten was shit