• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom

xaddictx

Bluelighter
I'm wanting to take a break from kratom which I've basically took everyday for the past 2 years. Maybe take a week or two break. Im at a sticking point with it because I have to take a lot to feel the effects now. How bad would the withdrawal be? I have at my disposal, Black seed oil, Mirtazapine, Gabapentin, Trazadone. Which would be best to ease the wd's? All help would be welcome.

What dose do you take and how many times per day?

Cold turkey from high doses (30g+) is really just as bad as other opioids, in my experience. The good part with kratom is it's ridiculously easy to taper compared to all other opioids, you can even do a rapid taper and not feel any withdrawal other than psychological cravings.

With things like gabapentin, assuming you don't already have a big tolerance to that, it shouldn't be too bad. The worst part of kratom withdrawal was the complete insomnia and RLS for me. The days were sucky but very manageable compared to other withdrawals.

Black seed oil will help a lot, particularly while tapering. Not sure how much it will help if cold turkey.

I keep hearing about black seed oil. Somehow I always confuse it with black pepper. Realized the local market sells it in drops and capsules so I'm interested in giving it a try if it's as effective as promised.
Does it 'just' help with w/d or has it psychotropic effects like sedation by its own?

But on topic, gabapentin should do the trick. At least pregabalin does, but I have to say that I was using just 15g/d for ~6 months and could handle the two days of slight restlessness it gave me without other medical aid. But pregabalin also helped me tremendously with getting off morphine, I could taper from 600mg/d to 120mg/d without any discomfort besides the abstinence of sedation. Trazodone or mirtazapine might help you with sleep.

Did you ever try to skip one or two doses?

Last edited:
It depends how much you take per day. During the big cough lockdown I threw out all my kratom and CT'd off 40 grams a day. It was pretty damn miserable for 4-5 days but I could get 2--4 hours of shitty sleep each night. The meds you have should make it pretty bearable.

What dose do you take and how many times per day?

Cold turkey from high doses (30g+) is really just as bad as other opioids, in my experience. The good part with kratom is it's ridiculously easy to taper compared to all other opioids, you can even do a rapid taper and not feel any withdrawal other than psychological cravings.

With things like gabapentin, assuming you don't already have a big tolerance to that, it shouldn't be too bad. The worst part of kratom withdrawal was the complete insomnia and RLS for me. The days were sucky but very manageable compared to other withdrawals.

Black seed oil will help a lot, particularly while tapering. Not sure how much it will help if cold turke

Thanks for the reply Snafu. I take the capsules and 3 or 4 times a day. Maeng Da or Bali. Well I'm glad to hear that its an easy taper. Was kinda worried about that.

Meant to say also usually 5 capsules 3 or 4 times a day. Thanx for the replies

I keep hearing about black seed oil. Somehow I always confuse it with black pepper. Realized the local market sells it in drops and capsules so I'm interested in giving it a try if it's as effective as promised.
Does it 'just' help with w/d or has it psychotropic effects like sedation by its own?

But on topic, gabapentin should do the trick. At least pregabalin does, but I have to say that I was using just 15g/d for ~6 months and could handle the two days of slight restlessness it gave me without other medical aid. But pregabalin also helped me tremendously with getting off morphine, I could taper from 600mg/d to 120mg/d without any discomfort besides the abstinence of sedation. Trazodone or mirtazapine might help you with sleep.

Did you ever try to skip one or two doses?
Yea today I took 8 capsules the whole day. I find myself automatically grabbing the bottle by habit and tossing like 4 or 5 at a time. I need to slow down with that. I took 2 tsp of black seed oil an hour ago and it does seem to help. The taste is fucking nasty tho. The taste stays in my mouth for hours. I might take a Mirtazapine before i go to bed.

You may not even need the comfort drugs, that's a low dose even with big capsules. If you really need it you could use a little bit of gabapentin but you may not even need that when going cold turkey

Get off of kratom while you can, it's strangely addictive. Sort of like cigarettes, you don't really know why you want it so bad because it's not that rewarding, but you do it anyway. I've been addicted to kratom for 4ish years now. Good luck to you, whichever direction you decide to go

You may not even need the comfort drugs, that's a low dose even with big capsules. If you really need it you could use a little bit of gabapentin but you may not even need that when going cold turkey

Get off of kratom while you can, it's strangely addictive. Sort of like cigarettes, you don't really know why you want it so bad because it's not that rewarding, but you do it anyway. I've been addicted to kratom for 4ish years now. Good luck to you, whichever direction you decide to go
Thanx for that.. Much appreciated

it's strangely addictive. Sort of like cigarettes, you don't really know why you want it so bad because it's not that rewarding, but you do it anyway. I've been addicted to kratom for 4ish years now. Good luck to you, whichever direction you decide to go
Indeed. But I found it to give me more than smoking, with cigs it was really just an 'empty' addiction, smoking to smoke without any benefits. Kratom gives me some subtle wellbeing which I currently prefer to have but it won't be worth it once addicted I guess. When it's like morphine at least that all benefits go away eventually.

Anybody about the black seed oil, is it psychoactive on its own?

Indeed. But I found it to give me more than smoking, with cigs it was really just an 'empty' addiction, smoking to smoke without any benefits. Kratom gives me some subtle wellbeing which I currently prefer to have but it won't be worth it once addicted I guess. When it's like morphine at least that all benefits go away eventually.

Anybody about the black seed oil, is it psychoactive on its own?
I think black seed oil somehow helps lower tolerance I don't think it will potentiate but I may be wrong about this whole reply

I'm wanting to take a break from kratom which I've basically took everyday for the past 2 years. Maybe take a week or two break. Im at a sticking point with it because I have to take a lot to feel the effects now. How bad would the withdrawal be? I have at my disposal, Black seed oil, Mirtazapine, Gabapentin, Trazadone. Which would be best to ease the wd's? All help would be welcome.
trazodone and mirtazapine seem really overkill, IMO.
gabapentin and black seed oil would help,
there's a lot of herbs that help :
kava, scutellaria (skullcap) or aswhagandha, voacanga seeds for restlessness, anxiety and insomnia.
mucuna pruriens(better not long term), l-tyrosine, dhea (never long term) or catuaba+ muira puama, for energy and motivation.
Black Seed Oil , ALA or NAC for physical symptoms, rebound inflammation and cravings...

There's so many.
I'm in a similar situation like you, I'm kind stuck in 5 grams a day, sometimes even less, I'm bored of this so I'm gonna jump off, I did several times before but never used more than 3 months in a row, except for this time, cause my life was too busy and stressful, so I stayed almost a year on.
I've CT 'ed from 6 and 7 grams a day, it's not so bad, only the insomnia and ocassional anxiety burst and moodyness/irritability disturbs me.

Last edited:
how it was @xaddictx ?'
I'm "still" in "withdrawals" 4 days off, but feeling pretty normal.
my tapering was so fucking difficult due to different stuff, mainly stressors... so it has been irregular, slow and with relapses. Yep, it was so difficult, but it has been very succesful to be honest, barely no withdrawals at all. At least regarding physical symptoms or hard anxiety/depression, this time I didn't have fatigue, by the way, I used mucuna + yohimbe, I even felt euphoric... yohimbe works if you don't feel obvious opioid-like symptoms. I mean, if your symptoms are more antidepressant or stimulant-like then yohimbe works so good. It seems that it can make opioid withdrawal anxiety worse, not my experience at all, it completely erased the withdrawal feelings and light anxious feeling replacing it with light euphoria and energy (always low dose yohimbe, remember!).

I reached 1.9 grams and then went off of it for 2 days, barely no withdrawals apart fom a bit of restlessness, cravings and insomnia, few sneezes... my herbs did work very good for decreasing the bad effects, but the insomnia is something else, you start getting a lot of rebound "energy" so to speak..
then I relapsed for 2 days, little doses: 3 and 2 grams per day. A fucking stressful event made me relapse...
then I came back into withdrawal but even less strong... like only a few sneezes and insomnia, but able to sleep with 0.5 lorazepam or kava kava + mulungu tea mix, so not that bad!!
My final tapering was fast, from 6 to 2 in just 3 days, but to reach 6 it was slow, normally people recommend the opposite, but IMO once you hit 5-6 grams it doesn't really matter what to do if you stabilize there, the withdrawals are generally very light.

The worst thing, by far, are the cravings the first 2 days, is a psychological nightmare for me, I just WANT to use it, the last doses when tapering feel so GOOD. Then the insomnia, you're so full of energy and restless that doesn't matter what you do, you don't feel sleepy, maybe some alcohol or hard exercise would work but I don't recommend the booze, 0.5 lorazepam is a good functional dose, enough for me and not really dangerous if you stick to it for 3-4 days.

Last edited: