• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom??

I haven't gotten quite used to the taste yet. Blah! It has made me gag a few times. To add a bit of humor, this morning I actually gagged and spit some all over the counter top and onto the the wall behind the sink ?haha! What a waste! ?
My other question is HOW MUCH DO PEOPLE (WITH EXPERIENCE OF COURSE) TAKE A DAY?

I tend to take a little less than 2g at a time and I'll take between 3-4 doses spread throughout the day, so I usually use 6-8g per day.

I tend to take a little less than 2g at a time and I'll take between 3-4 doses spread throughout the day, so I usually use 6-8g per day.
This is what I've learned in the past few days is probably what is going to work for me. This is good you say you do the same, so I know that I may be doing it right. Spread out through the day, I've found, that it works better and I feel it helping.

I have one other VERY important question. You know how Dr's are nowadays with their drug testing, well, will Kratom show up as something bad in a drug screen at your Dr?

We don't really allow drug test/screening type questions but I can probably at least answer this question since it's not like your asking how to beat it.

In the past there was 0% chance of kratom being screened for and I believe, for the most part, it doesn't show up as any other drug as the metabolites are very different from what is normally tested for. I'm not sure about the potential for false positives but as always further lab analysis would prove that the false positive is indeed false.

However times are changing as kratom has been gaining more and more attention and while still mostly rare, it is possible for places to actually test for kratom nowadays. For example, I've heard that some pain management doctors have been known to test for it.

Only way you can know for sure is to find out what drugs are going to be screened for on the test. As long as they aren't actually testing specifically for kratom then you have nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
To me Kratom really didn't taste that bad. I mean it was bitter but that was about it. I never understood ehat the fuss was all about. Now poppy tea, that is some truly disgusting stuff.

1-5 Grams for a stimulated experience with a opiate "body high" in the background and 10-15 grams for a traditional opiate high with all the mental euphoria (feels like a cross between hydrocodone and oxycodone). Some people can't tolerate high doses though.

I always just weighed about 5 grams on a Mega Millions ticket and poured it in my mouth (hold your breath or you'll it go in your nose) and then quickly washed it down with some juice or something. Repeat until you have completed your dose and wha La. Really wasn't that bad IMO

I'm new here. I was wondering who has experience with Kratom? I recently got some because I read that it "supposedly" can help with chronic pain and can give you a little "high?" Does anyone take it? Does it help with pain? Can you get a "high" from it? How much do I take to feel something?
It can help with a lot of things. It can help with pain, it can get you "high", it can help with depression (in my case at least), it can help with opiate withdrawals, etc. etc.

Kratom's dosage is tricky. Everyone's dosage is different, you just have to experiment to see what works best for you. For example... 4grams might be my dosage "sweet spot", whereas that might be too much or not enough for you.

I've been taking kratom daily since 2014. At the maximum, I took 60g/day in 3 doses of 20g. This was a bit outrageous... I do know that it certainly is high quality product. I have quite a lot of opioid experience and did so prior to beginning kratom use.

I'm now stable at ~30g/day. 10g upon waking, 7.5g mid day, and then 15g in the evening with my diazepam for relaxation. I mainly use reds and always have. I don't recommend anyone start at these doses. I started at about 7g/dose. It took a lot of experimenting and vomiting to find out how to dose that works for me.

Kratom has a nice euphoria that the weaker Rx opioids (hydrocodone etc) don't have. This is likely due to its NE, DA, and various other non-opioidergic actions. I find it hits quicker as well. However, kratom certainly lacks the full mu agonism bliss of stronger/traditional opioids ime.

Dextromethorphan provides a nice potentiation and synergy. Ondansetron is the only reason I've been able to take such high doses. Without ondansetron, anything over 12g and I vomit within 30 minutes. Ondansetron is a lifesaver, even 2mg makes a difference.

As others have said, there's a plethora of information about kratom in these forums. Take some time and search. You'll find all your answers.

Also, kratom will raise your tolerance to opioids. It's rather unfortunate...

Last edited:
I have been a kratom user for many years now. It has without a doubt been a lifesaver for me. Regarding dosage, I used to take about 1tsp (~2-3g) 3x a day. But fast forward 5+ years and am now taking 1tbsp (~7-9g) 3x a day. I have noticed a ceiling effect after a certain dose, about 30g, where the analgesia isnt affected but I dont feel anymore sedation or euphoria (that word is kind of a stretch in the first place though, kratom is not especially euphoric like many opioids IMO). I top out at about 50g a day. The constipation doesnt get worse after about 20g or so either, but the more plant matter I consume, the worse the initial stomachache is. And the diuretic side effect increases without a ceiling IME.

I'll throw a question in here though...

Thoughts on Toss and Wash vs making tea? I've always T&W'd for years. I'm wondering if tea would be easier on the GI tract?
I have pretty severe IBS-D, probably an IBD that is undiagnosable yet (Chron's or UC). That is why I began using kratom in 2014.

Obviously removing the plant matter will make kratom less constipating and likely more calming to the GI tract that 15g of powder. I fear the effects of tea won't suffice or match up to T&W.

I'll throw a question in here though...

Thoughts on Toss and Wash vs making tea? I've always T&W'd for years. I'm wondering if tea would be easier on the GI tract?
I have pretty severe IBS-D, probably an IBD that is undiagnosable yet (Chron's or UC). That is why I began using kratom in 2014.

Obviously removing the plant matter will make kratom less constipating and likely more calming to the GI tract that 15g of powder. I fear the effects of tea won't suffice or match up to T&W.

I have severe IBS-D as well. The tea is much easier on my stomach, but the first 30min or so can be difficult.

I have tried both and T&W can be a bit difficult for me as the dust can sometimes gets to my breathing tube.
I get a few ounces of water warm and dump my dose in (melts quickly and stir). I take it as a shot. I also eat a few saltines in the mornings to help protect the stomach.
Although my dosage is 1.5g i take two doses in the AM before work.
Sooooo; tea brewed and just the liquid is drank gives me a more "speedy" feeling. When I drink the plant matter along with water I feel a whole lot of things going on... as posted... eg mood lift w/out the speedy feeling, pain relief, anxiety relief, and some I do not understand yet.
My suggestion is that if one does make tea in any form put something in your stomach before hand: It really doesn't effect the properties of effect in my experience. If it does it is minimal.
I don't mind the properties of kratom being a little delayed by food as it last longer and is easier on the gut.
The above is just my experience over ~2 years.

I tried using a protein shaker to mix 8g, water, and some lemon juice and holy shit was it gross. I did notice an increase in the onset of effects.

I know this isn't a true tea method