• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom??

alydo12

Greenlighter
I'm new here. I was wondering who has experience with Kratom? I recently got some because I read that it "supposedly" can help with chronic pain and can give you a little "high?" Does anyone take it? Does it help with pain? Can you get a "high" from it? How much do I take to feel something?

Welcome aboard alydo12. Lots of people around here have experience with kratom, myself included. It is a wonderful substance; it can help with chronic pain, can be used recreationally as it does produce a mild high, it can also be used to help people relax and/or to get motivated and it's also very effective at helping addicts stay out of opioid withdrawal.

If it's your first time taking kratom then start small and work your way up. A good starter dose is probably around 2 to 3 grams. If you find that is not enough then try a larger dose next time. Some people need more than others, things like natural tolerance, opioid tolerance, stronger or weaker kratom batches, etc can all effect how much you will need.

Kratom has sorta a mild opioid like high mixed with a mild stimulant effect, it's not going to blow you out of the water or anything, but a lot of people do find it very nice in a mellow sort of way. For me it kind feels like a low dose of hydrocodone mixed with a cup of coffee, if that makes sense.

We have lots of discussion about kratom, you can find it by using the search function. A good place to start is the kratom Megathreads if you have lots of free time to kill and don't mind reading tons of posts. Here is a link to the most recent kratom Megathread, there are 5 earlier ones if you search for them:

Kratom Megathread V.6

Does anyone take it? Does it help with pain?
Yes and yes.
6-8g a day does more for me than 40-50mg oxycodone a day. Everyone is different.
I started at .5g and I could immediately feel the subtle effects but I was in opiate and benzo WDs at the time.
I have been holding steady at 1-1 1/2g per dose for about a year.
It does more than just kill pain... much more.

Last edited:
Kratom has multiple uses. I use it as an eye opener with my coffee in the morning. I use it as a Pre-Workout supplement.
It also makes my boring job more bearable.
Although I use too much. I know that.

Welcome aboard alydo12. Lots of people around here have experience with kratom, myself included. It is a wonderful substance; it can help with chronic pain, can be used recreationally as it does produce a mild high, it can also be used to help people relax and/or to get motivated and it's also very effective at helping addicts stay out of opioid withdrawal.

If it's your first time taking kratom then start small and work your way up. A good starter dose is probably around 2 to 3 grams. If you find that is not enough then try a larger dose next time. Some people need more than others, things like natural tolerance, opioid tolerance, stronger or weaker kratom batches, etc can all effect how much you will need.

Kratom has sorta a mild opioid like high mixed with a mild stimulant effect, it's not going to blow you out of the water or anything, but a lot of people do find it very nice in a mellow sort of way. For me it kind feels like a low dose of hydrocodone mixed with a cup of coffee, if that makes sense.

We have lots of discussion about kratom, you can find it by using the search function. A good place to start is the kratom Megathreads if you have lots of free time to kill and don't mind reading tons of posts. Here is a link to the most recent kratom Megathread, there are 5 earlier ones if you search for them:

Kratom Megathread V.6
Thank you for responding! I've just been throwing the powder in my mouth, taking a drink, swirling it around and taking it that way. Is there another better way? I am hoping it gives me a hydrocodone like high!

I am hoping it gives me a hydrocodone like high!
If you chase this high you will be ultimately disappointed, disenchanted, dependent and possibly broke.
The above is just my opinion and all will have their own experiences.
Be well and be one

If you chase this high you will be ultimately disappointed, disenchanted, dependent and possibly broke.
Be well and be one
Ime kratom is nothing like stronger opiates you have to appreciate the subtle effects go for something stronger I used to use if for maintanence between my scripts back when it was still legal in the uk.

Ime kratom is nothing like stronger opiates you have to appreciate the subtle effects go for something stronger I used to use if for maintanence between my scripts back when it was still legal in the uk.
Good post, pete.
Subtle... not in-yo-face!
Subtle effects are hard to abuse, IME as well as less damaging (so far).
OP asked among other things about kratom for chronic pain... now OP wants to get wasted, man.
I do not think it works like that....

Yes and yes.
6-8g a day does more for me that 40-50mg oxycodone a day. Everyone is different.
I started at .5g and I could immediately feel the subtle effects but I was in opiate and benzo WDs at the time.
I have been holding ste
Good post, pete.
OP asked among other things about kratom for chronic pain... now OP wants to get wasted, man.
I did NOT mean it like that. Yes, you may have "supposedly" said it
This is exactly what I am doing! I didn't mean for me to get high like hydrocodone, meant to feel like it. I actually don't take hydrocodone for pain anymore anyway. Been upped to Oxycodone. I just still am not at the correct dosing yet and have run short this month. I am using kratom now until I go back to PM. I suffer chronic pain from having cancer removed a few years ago. If you could see the aftermath of my surgeries, then you'd understand why I am in severe pain daily!

Good post, pete.
For your info, NO I do NOT want to get wasted! I hope you never suffer from pain from cancer! You'll be asking all these same kinda questions just hoping you'll find something legal to take that may ease some of the pain and that maybe can get some rest.
Think before you post...

Thank you for responding! I've just been throwing the powder in my mouth, taking a drink, swirling it around and taking it that way. Is there another better way? I am hoping it gives me a hydrocodone like high!

Taking it this way is totally good unless the taste really bothers you? I kinda like the taste now, it has grown on me overtime. If the taste does bother you then there are multiple options, here's a few:

1) Toss and wash. Similar to how you already do it except without swirling it around in your mouth before swallowing. If done correctly there is very little taste of kratom. Search the internet for how to toss and wash kratom if interested.

2) mixing kratom with something else like grapefruit juice, orange juice, coffee, etc then drinking

3) parachuting: folding up the kratom in something like tissue paper then swallowing that with water. A Toilet paper square works good for this but eating tp is kinda suspect

4) another form of parachuting is quite popular that uses rice paper which is then easy to swallow (this is the stuff spring rolls are wrapped in). They also have these premade disks that are very easy to use: Search for oblate disks on the internet and you'll see there are YouTube videos fully explaining it and showing how to do it and everything.

Last edited:
I was wondering who has experience with Kratom?
Does anyone take it?
Does it help with pain?
Yes, yes and yes.
6-8g a day does more for me than 40-50mg oxycodone a day. Everyone is different.
I have been holding steady at 1-1 1/2g per dose for about a year.
It does more than just kill pain... much more.
Sorry brother I zeroed in on the questions and tried to give my personal experience as a response... no offense meant and my bad for being terse.
Pain is nothing new to me and deal with it daily. Not only physical pain(s) but emotional, psychological and spiritual since birth. I am broken, dislocated and scared over probably 80% of my being (this is barely noticeable now after so long but it is the my outer coating).
My answer was yes: It can and does wonders for pain and has been a replacement for what I get for dealing with it (inner and outer "discomforts").
Seems it doesn't take much for me to get the effects desired despite a super-high opiate/oid tolerance.
I took 3g this morning in two 1 1/2g doses spaced two hours apart. Pain is gone.
Took 5mg valium as I now have to go out and deal with a bunch of dumb MFs at a doctors office and other isles of babylon. To boot we are on two wheels and everyone is stuck to their phones and do not see us. That is a high stressor... I am insured but if something were to happen to SO I would lose the precarious balance that has been granted to me for a short time.

I edited the post to omit the parts of getting "high" via kratom as my answer is posted on this matter.
Be well and be one
Best to you, alydo.
Ever want someone to talk to I am here. Doesn't have to be at BL.
I feel ya and hope there is something in all these words that may help: That is my only wish.

5.5g's for me feels better then hydrocodone. I use to take like 15-20g's a day (morning, mid-day, and night). I ended up having to come off it. I fucking LOVEEEE hydrocodone and if kratom feels better (to me), thats not a good thing. Seeing how I can get it any time I want, and its legal.

I simply get a water bottle, fill it just under half with water and then put the kratom in there and shake it up... and then drink it. After that I chase it with something else (like soda or something), because the taste sucks.

The euphoria is better, but the pain relief isnt quite there (though it DEFINITELY helps). This is just my experience though.

Be extremely careful with it. The WDs can be just as bad as regular opiates.

“To boot, we are on two wheels and everyone is stuck on their phones and do not see us.”
Quoting PtahTek

I had to LOL at that my brother. So true!!

Thanks for this thread guys. Some good information here that will help me out on those days in between prescriptions at times.
Kratom is probably much better than loperamide for that job.

Hope everyone is doing alright today.
Much love ALL!

Taking it this way is totally good unless the taste really bothers you? I kinda like the taste now, it has grown on me overtime. If the taste does bother you then there are multiple options, here's a few:

1) Toss and wash. Similar to how you already do it except without swirling it around in your mouth before swallowing. If done correctly there is very little taste of kratom. Search the internet for how to toss and wash kratom if interested.

2) mixing kratom with something else like grapefruit juice, orange juice, coffee, etc then drinking

3) parachuting: folding up the kratom in something like tissue paper then swallowing that with water. A Toilet paper square works good for this but eating tp is kinda suspect

4) another form of parachuting is quite popular that uses rice paper which is then easy to swallow (this is the stuff spring rolls are wrapped in). They also have these premade disks that are very easy to use: Search for oblate disks on the internet and you'll see there are YouTube videos fully explaining it and showing how to do it and everything.
Thank you! I didn't know if actually mixing it in something did anything to it's potency...
I drink hot tea. Would it work if I mixed it into my hot tea, after the tea has already been made I mean.

Sorry brother I zeroed in on the questions and tried to give my personal experience as a response... no offense meant and my bad for being terse.
Pain is nothing new to me and deal with it daily. Not only physical pain(s) but emotional, psychological and spiritual since birth. I am broken, dislocated and scared over probably 80% of my being (this is barely noticeable now after so long but it is the my outer coating).
My answer was yes: It can and does wonders for pain and has been a replacement for what I get for dealing with it (inner and outer "discomforts").
Seems it doesn't take much for me to get the effects desired despite a super-high opiate/oid tolerance.
I took 3g this morning in two 1 1/2g doses spaced two hours apart. Pain is gone.
Took 5mg valium as I now have to go out and deal with a bunch of dumb MFs at a doctors office and other isles of babylon. To boot we are on two wheels and everyone is stuck to their phones and do not see us. That is a high stressor... I am insured but if something were to happen to SO I would lose the precarious balance that has been granted to me for a short time.

I edited the post to omit the parts of getting "high" via kratom as my answer is posted on this matter.

Best to you, alydo.
Ever want someone to talk to I am here. Doesn't have to be at BL.
I feel ya and hope there is something in all these words that may help: That is my only wish.
Thank you! Pain makes me on edge sometimes! I am in between in my scripts, once again, ran out early because of PM dumb policy to start out slow. Well, I was cut way back when I started and now building back up. I had started to have some WD's and of course worse pain, so that's why I'm trying Kratom. I took 3g this morning. It usually takes a lot of something to help me. I'm starting to feel it. I also have MAJOR anxiety, depression, sleep problems. I feel you when you said you had to take Valium since you had to go to Dr. I literally shake at the Dr, and not just there, but everywhere I go. Again, I apologise for becoming offensive. Thanks for caring.

Thank you! I didn't know if actually mixing it in something did anything to it's potency...
I drink hot tea. Would it work if I mixed it into my hot tea, after the tea has already been made I mean.

Yea that's fine.

If you actually brew up the kratom in hot water (and maybe with some lemon) and then drink both the tea + kratom grounds then some of the active alkaloids will have extracted into the water, so that the effects might kick in a little harder/quicker then if you just swallowed the powder with room temp water. But it won't make a massive difference, I'm not even sure I can notice a difference myself to be honest.

Some tips: dose on an empty or mostly empty stomach for stronger effects. If you take kratom after a large meal it'll likely slow down absorption to the point where it won't feel as strong though the effects might last longer . Some people report that eating a small snack awhile after dosing (like 30-45 minutes afterwards) can help the effects kick in too, but then again other people say that eating anything afterwards will kill effects. You might have to play around with it and see what works for you.

One can only get from something which is there: One may get it all at once ("potentiate") ... or over time (digestion).
I prefer digestion. Mix with a few ounces of warm water and dump dose in (melts in warm water). Stir or swirl and down. Love the taste of it. :)

Me too (about the taste), at first I didn't like it but it has definitely grown on me. I prefer mine mixed with either ice cold or room temp water.

I don't get much from kratom if I take it on a full stomach. It still works but effects seems too dull and stretched out so I end up feeling dissapointed. Of course I can compensate for this by increasing dosage a bit, or by just waiting a few hours after eating to dose.