• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom

I

Ilsa

HAS ANY1 HAD ANY REAL SUCCESS GETTING OFF OPIODS WHEN THEYVE BEEN ON THEM, LEGITIMATELY PRESCRIBED BY A PHYS., BUT WANTINTG TO TRY TO SEE WHAT THERE BODY FEELS LIKE PHYSICALLY AFTER BEING ON THEM FOR SO LONG. ITS BEEN 3+ Long yrs for me and i want off the meds & I know I need help. A former long term heroin junkie sed try k. So I'm asking. Please. Any and all input appreciated!!

Lots of people have had success using kratom.

Also, Im not trying to be a dick, but you might get more responses if you don't use caps next time. The capital letters read as if youre screaming at us.

Be extremely careful with Kratom. It is an opiate, and since you are addicted to opiates you will probably get addicted to the kratom.

I know a lot of people addicted to opiates both heroin, and pharmaceutical opiates who tried using Kratom to get off of opiates since someone recommended it to them. Or the kratom was less expensive than dope or pills in bulk or because kratom can easily be purchased legally. They wound up getting addicted to the Kratom leaves or extracts, and still use their opiate of choice.

There are many stories online about people with chronic pain and/or opioid dependency using kratom successfully. IDK, just type some keywords into a search engine.

I'm trying to think of success stories from my own experience but I'm struggling to think of any kratom users I actually know IRL. My father (a chronic PM patient) has used a combination of kratom and cannabis to taper down his prescribed painkillers. Kratom works on opioid receptors but it's pretty benign for most users, at least in my opinion. No addiction is "good" necessarily, being that it entails a substance playing a negative role in your life through your continued use, but...a kratom addiction isn't in the same ballpark as an addiction to actual narcotic opiates

The only problem is that sometimes kratom feels like you've just taken Diet Opiates, and that makes you crave actual opiates sometimes...or at least that's been my experience on occasion. I've seen others say the same thing here on BL.

Ive been thinking about this as well. Im in the process of titrating off from a high level after 7 yrs of oxy use. I also have OIH (opioid induced hyperalgesia) so I must get off them. I also still have serious, real pain i will need to control. I am planning to try cannibis but have considered kratom too. There is a Youtuber named "Adele" who has some vids posted on her experiences. Someone above says its an opiate, but it probably doesnt behave the same on the brain receptors. Which means, you'd still go through withdrawl to a certain degree because only a drug acting the same on the receptors is going to be a replacement. Maybe start the kratom and then start titration off the opioid would work best? Theres lots of things to try. Kava kava is another. Im about at the point where i need to pick. I also started using turmeric ( helps me better than ibuprofen), tart cherry juice, pineapple (anti inflammatories) and you could ask your family dr for an anti anxiety prescription to help you through titration withdrawl. Tell him your having panic attacks over your health issues. Just be careful with these.
As far as addiction, i personally much rathered be addicted to something natural. And , is it truly addiction if you use it for a purpose? Pain mngt is a noble reason imho to use a substance as long as you know the risks and plan to manage them. Like not running out. Its only a problem when you run out. The other thing you could explore is using poppyseed tea as an aid in titration. Theyre legal to buy. The tea tastes like an old wet shoe (so you wont love it) it has significant morphine content (sooth withdrawls) and makes you sleep like a rock. I used to go to noddingturtle for my "soap making supplies."

Last edited: