• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom withdrawl support needed

Caroliina

Bluelighter
About 5 years ago, I was diagnosed with a painful condition which had my doctor throwing opiates at me like candy. I was stupid, really, to think that I can avoid the mess I am in today. I still get monthly opiates from my doctor but they never last, so I found kratom. Kratom has helped me from going through terrible withdrawals from Percocet and helped my depression. However, it's expensive and I feel it's not doing my body any good. I want to come clean off all substances. Kratom is what I used everyday, in an upwards of 30grams daily for nearly 2 years. I have a nice little break from school so I decided I'll quit cold turkey. For anyone who says Kratom w/d is nothing, well, good for you. I feel like absolute hell. I am on day 2 and my body aches, stomach hurts, I can't eat, I'm depressed and I'm tempted to take a dose. I've got Klonopin here, along with Loperamide and Phenibut. I'm still in so much pain. Advice please!

Carolina

About 5 years ago, I was diagnosed with a painful condition which had my doctor throwing opiates at me like candy. I was stupid, really, to think that I can avoid the mess I am in today. I still get monthly opiates from my doctor but they never last, so I found kratom. Kratom has helped me from going through terrible withdrawals from Percocet and helped my depression. However, it's expensive and I feel it's not doing my body any good. I want to come clean off all substances. Kratom is what I used everyday, in an upwards of 30grams daily for nearly 2 years. I have a nice little break from school so I decided I'll quit cold turkey. For anyone who says Kratom w/d is nothing, well, good for you. I feel like absolute hell. I am on day 2 and my body aches, stomach hurts, I can't eat, I'm depressed and I'm tempted to take a dose. I've got Klonopin here, along with Loperamide and Phenibut. I'm still in so much pain. Advice please!

Carolina
just hang in there its not gonna get any worse
i would take the klonopin it will help
along with the loperamide if you get the runs
i would stay away from the phenibut its just as bad as the kratom
is that all you have?
should be a few more days
good for you to kick the habit

Hey I feel your pain. Been through many opiate withdrawals. At least once or twice a month I deal with a day or two of it. What helps me is loperamide which you already have. I take around 20-30 mgs. Don't mega dose trying to get high its just dangerous. but I've found 20-30 mg not only stops the runs but helps to take the edge off greatly. And some may say it's placebo... To that I say: at least I feel better lol. You're not gonna be on cloud 9 but it will help you.

Do you take a 20-30 mg dose at once or spread out? That's what I am confused about. I hope I feel better soon. The little devil in my head is telling me to go ahead and take some Kratom and try tapering instead. But, I'm already 2 days in...

you will feel better in time you already made it 2 days why risk going back to square 1 ?
its like you endured hell for 2 days for nothing
understand you are W/D from opiates and kratom shit you should be proud of yourself a lot of people wouldnt be able to handle that CT
take the klonopin it will help .5mg to 1mg

Take 20-30mg all at once...taper down over 5-6 days....by then your w/d will be largely over....don't take the lope any longer than a week tho' and don't use lope too many times to get over w/d, because like sub, it will stop working one day. Also, a lope habit really sucks. BTW, the lope won't prolong your w/d if used properly

Hi, thanks everyone for the support and responses. I am going to stick it out and use the lope taper as suggested. I hope by this weekend I can get out and enjoy myself. I don't feel too horrible, just tired and lazy. Maybe tomorrow I'll push myself to go to the gym.

Please don't take more than therapeutic doses of loperamide as a withdrawal remedy, it is not safe and has been linked to fatal arrhythmias and even deaths in literature. I'm almost certain a couple (at least 1 for sure) deaths were reported in the loperamide megathreads as well, though I don't recall the cause of death. I know loperamide is commonly recommended as a withdrawal aid (even by me in the past), however upon discovering it's potential dangers I quickly dropped it's use and no longer would I ever recommend it in high doses, especially on a harm reduction board.

I would like to ask that people refrain from recommending high doses of loperamide in the future, or at the very least make the dangers associated with doing so first and allow the reccomendee to make their own choice to do so. Do know that loperamide in and of itself can cause dependency though. There are horror stories of people becoming dependent on lope after using it to ween of other opioids. It's extremely long half-life leads itself to very long withdrawal periods as well, so tapering is vital for anyone planning to use it.

Usually I would tell you that you should only have a few days left of kratom withdrawal due to it's short half-life (been through kratom withdrawal plenty of times), however it's important to note that you are not dependent solely on kratom given the variety of opioids you're taking, and as such it's no surprise you're having a rough time (not to say that kratom w/d can't be bad for some). Using kratom alongside stronger, full-agonist opioids will affect withdrawal duration and intensity. Do your best to stick it out... so long as you weren't taking long acting opioids you should be through the worst in within a week. Good luck getting clean <3

Here is some related reading on loperamide, stay safe everyone :)

Semi-recent BL threads:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/760492-loperamide-dangers
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...iotoxic-A-warning-for-those-who-use-megadoses
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...th-mentioned-on-the-Adam-and-Dr-Drew-podcasts
Related articles and studies:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25345436
https://www.clintox.org/NACCT/2013/NAACT2013_Poster_Sessions_III.pdf (PDF)
http://www.empr.com/medical-news/li...-linked-to-loperamide-overuse/article/396218/
http://www.lycaeum.org/forum/index.php?topic=34137.0

Last edited:
Hey thanks Plasticity I had no idea about the negative effects of lope. I will go ahead and apologize for the suggestion then and I will be sure to make the dangers very clear if I ever feel the need to recommend that method again. All though I most likely won't ever be using it myself again after learning all that. And I don't suggest something I wouldn't try, so there goes that withdrawal tool out the window. Lol its probably for the best. The harder my withdrawal the longer I seem to stay clean.

Hope you're doing okay OP! Shoot us an update if you get around to it!

Hi, I'm still going strong. Today is my day 4. I was really tired, but did make it to the gym and some light housework. I also enjoyed a football game, which was really fun. The only problem I have is anxiousness and a little big of sluggishness. Thank you all!!! I used this site, which has helped tremendously;)