Kratom withdrawals

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
I didn?t think it was going to be that bad. But I was out of Kratom for 2 days and I?ve been detoxing off of gabapentin and the anxiety was brutal.

The RLS kept me awake and I thought it was just bad. I have been on Kratom for three months. Folks I need to nip this now.

I?m thinking since I do have a norco addiction also that I can talk to my doctor about putting me in suboxone. Least with that I can regulate my wean. Please someone help.

^^^^^^ Exactly. If your on hydrocodone you should quit the kratom first ,then wean down on the hydros . Hydrocodone withdrawal isn't too long . I think you would only feel bad maybe at most 5 days then start seeing a positive feeling return at day 7. I would hate to see you get on something until you try every option first . I speak from experience. I got on methadone for a 50mg hrydro habit in 2000 . It was the worst mistake of my life . You can do this .

Taking suboxone for kratom withdrawal is like squashing a mosquito on your arm with a 20 pound sledge hammer. You're going to end up prolonging your suffering trying to use a much more powerful and longer acting opiate to taper off kratom.

Kratom withdrawal sucks, i know, but it's honestly the lightest opiate withdrawal out of the opiates i've tried, plus it's short lived. Don't cold turkey all these drugs at the same time, taper them one at a time.

Kratom withdrawal is SO much better than suboxone withdrawal. You can wean off kratom, just lower your dose every day. The withdrawal lasts around 5 days.

But yeah suboxone withdrawal lasts a long time and generally people describe it as far worse than other opiate withdrawals, except maybe for methadone. Suboxone is for two things, IMO: either as a long-term maintenance opiate if you are continually unable to stay off other opiates, or to take a few times to get past another opiate withdrawal and then stop as soon as possible so you don't get addicted to it.

Guys I?m about to go thru full blown Kratom withdrawals.

I boaght 100 grams and I thought this will help me but now I see like the gabapentin I have to just cold turkey it.

The anxiety and rls are so bad. I don?t know if I can do this.

Guys I gotta nip this now. I?m reading horror stories about poppyseed withdrawals and other forms of opiatish things.

I?m 3 months into using Kratom but I?ve been thru like 5 pounds since then.

I?m such a weakling. I?m day 9 of no gabapentin and I feel much better about that but that could be that the Kratom withdrawals are just masking it.

Folks idk if I?m going to be able to do this.

If you don't think you can do a cold turkey withdrawal then tapering is always an option. Good kratom tapering comes with basically no withdrawal symptoms and will take 1-2 weeks depending on how fast you want to taper. You don't have to rough out the withdrawals, the kratom tapers i have done have been very gentle.

Going through this right now too. Fuck gabapentin. Worst drug to get off of and I've detoxed of benzos, heroin, subs, methadone. It sucks because their are no comfort meds that help gabi withdrawals like their are for other detoxes.9 Anyways I'm keeping on the kratom until I'm off gabis for two weeks or feel better. The nausea is unreal. Vicodin and kratom barely help with the withdrawals from gabapentin. Ugh and I got on the gabi to get off subs. It's a cycle. But now I'm only on kratom. That'll be easy to kick once the gabi withdeawls die down. Sorry your going through this too!

Taking suboxone for kratom withdrawal is like squashing a mosquito on your arm with a 20 pound sledge hammer. You're going to end up prolonging your suffering trying to use a much more powerful and longer acting opiate to taper off kratom.

Kratom withdrawal sucks, i know, but it's honestly the lightest opiate withdrawal out of the opiates i've tried, plus it's short lived. Don't cold turkey all these drugs at the same time, taper them one at a time.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I felt it was worth pointing out that Kratom is not an opiate. I think that's an important point to make, as Kratom is actually used to get through opiate withdrawal, and it is definitively not an opiate.

Regarding Kratom, does anyone know how long it takes to get addicted to it?

With previous opiate addiction not long, maybe daily use for 2+ weeks for small withdrawal symptoms

Currently 5 days into withdrawal from about 75g a day for well over 2 years. Picked a great time to quit, home with my 2yo 4yo and my 7 week newborn all relying on me, and my fucked up ass is sick. Much easier than when I quit oxy/hydro years back before I had kids, but now I must suffer in silence as I don't want my SO to know I've been sneaking around getting addicted to something behind her back. Tired of these damn goosebumps!!

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I felt it was worth pointing out that Kratom is not an opiate. I think that's an important point to make, as Kratom is actually used to get through opiate withdrawal, and it is definitively not an opiate.

Kratom isn't technically an "opiate" but it definitely, without a doubt, is a opioid. It has been proven to work by interacting with the opiate receptors in the brain.

With previous opiate addiction not long, maybe daily use for 2+ weeks for small withdrawal symptoms

Currently 5 days into withdrawal from about 75g a day for well over 2 years. Picked a great time to quit, home with my 2yo 4yo and my 7 week newborn all relying on me, and my fucked up ass is sick. Much easier than when I quit oxy/hydro years back before I had kids, but now I must suffer in silence as I don't want my SO to know I've been sneaking around getting addicted to something behind her back. Tired of these damn goosebumps!!

Interesting! Great story. I also have three kids! And I know exactly what you mean about NOT wanting to be sick when they are around.

Basically, where I am - in the past 10 days, I had one 44-hour bender with hydromorphone [36mg, over a 44-hour period], and then yesterday, used 15-20mg of methadone after 95 hours with no opiates/opioids [full agonists, partial agonists, or anything else].

I just have this tiny tickle of withdrawal left, that I honestly think a few saunas would kick out...yet with the lock-downs and everything, that's not possible at the moment. This over-hyped pandemic is bothering me, especially now that we know the survival rate in the 80-89 age bracket is 75%. Not to get political, but I NEED a sauna. I'm just happy gyms have reopened here in Canada.

Have you ever had that tickle of withdrawal during the day...basically depression? And at night, I was still getting night sweats, and insomnia.

Otherwise, all of the painful withdrawal is gone.

I have a lorazepam [Ativan] prescription, but I don't want to use it.

I think I am going to go to what you say is the max for Kratom use without withdrawal - if not two weeks, then 1-2 weeks of use.

I truly believe after 10+ days of no opiates whatsoever, the remaining withdrawal will just be modestly annoying.

Although sleep is the worst.

At this point I have been getting about 4 hours of restless sleep, waking up soaked. Goosebumps and some serious depression throughout the day, feelings mainly of how I've let my boys down.
I am a full time stay home dad, I've raised all of my boys from day one. Using those depressive thoughts now to drive me to stay clean to provide the best life I can for my kiddos.
Maternity leave + covid is why I was forced to quit, could no longer justify spending a single penny on anything but essentials for the family. Can't say I was "ready" but, now I know I am ready. Sadly I have zero comfort meds, no weed, just some ephedrine tablets I've had for years that do give me a bit of energy to make It thru the days. And they're in short supply, i may have 6 25mg tablets left (mixed with 200mg guaifenesin) not having some good indica to smoke has been a serious cause of anxiety for me especially as the wd wanes and the anxiety persists.
I would kill for a sauna right now... the best i can do is a steamed up bathroom for a few minutes a day, as I'm trying to keep any suspicion to a minimum.
My wife has been with me from the beginning of my addiction in 2009, and knows everything to look for. Including bluelight and other online support forums. I know honesty is key in marriage, but I have put her through enough with opiate addiction and binge drinking in the past.
I will admit, it has been a 100x easier to avoid cravings and negative thoughts throughout the day, being constantly involved with the little ones. But once the family goes to bed, I'm left alone with my vices and I mentally tear myself to shreds. Today is my 6th day completely free of kratom and really the only problem is the depressive thoughts and waxing/waning goosebumps.
I'd say it's totally worth it to jump off and begin the road to "sobriety" now (quotations because I still have beers occasionally and smoke daily when the funds aren't fucked off like they are now) wife has only been back to work for 5 business days, and I personally feel I've done good by my kids by making the decision to quit, vs going and selling shit to support my habits.
Idk if I've even properly replied to your comment, I'm so scatterbrained still lol

Interesting! Great story. I also have three kids! And I know exactly what you mean about NOT wanting to be sick when they are around.

Basically, where I am - in the past 10 days, I had one 44-hour bender with hydromorphone [36mg, over a 44-hour period], and then yesterday, used 15-20mg of methadone after 95 hours with no opiates/opioids [full agonists, partial agonists, or anything else].

I just have this tiny tickle of withdrawal left, that I honestly think a few saunas would kick out...yet with the lock-downs and everything, that's not possible at the moment. This over-hyped pandemic is bothering me, especially now that we know the survival rate in the 80-89 age bracket is 75%. Not to get political, but I NEED a sauna. I'm just happy gyms have reopened here in Canada.

Have you ever had that tickle of withdrawal during the day...basically depression? And at night, I was still getting night sweats, and insomnia.

Otherwise, all of the painful withdrawal is gone.

I have a lorazepam [Ativan] prescription, but I don't want to use it.

I think I am going to go to what you say is the max for Kratom use without withdrawal - if not two weeks, then 1-2 weeks of use.

I truly believe after 10+ days of no opiates whatsoever, the remaining withdrawal will just be modestly annoying.

Although sleep is the worst.
I don't remember how many days I am in... but I just had a pushup/situp battle with my almost 5yo.... I won, but by only 3 situps and 7 pushups. I beat a 5y0...
Haven't felt this good in years, regardless of the fact that I still can't sleep, and when I do I'm completely saturated in sweat... but I feel alive. With my boy. Best time in probably 2 years, including the birth of my 2 other younger boys...
I'm going to an NA meeting next week, disguised as a simple group ride on motorcycles (so I don't reveal my shortcomings and possibly lose my wife and family to divorce) so I can talk with others about what I'm dealing with and hopefully get some contacts who I can talk to if I start feeling stupid again...
It's gotten so much better, I'm so ashamed of what I've done over the last 2 years.. especially after having so many years completely sober before I fucked up

Thanks for bumping it! I feel stupid liking or commenting and then realizing its 2y old.
Kratom WD??? Non existing as far as i'm concerned. No matter what strain or leaf or concentrate ever did anything to or for me.
I am declined to pass it off as placebo.
Look at what he was also taking!!! I'd make a list of what except kratom recently and go from there. Naloxon doesnt stimulate your mu, kappa, delta etc opioid receptors, it rips off even your endorphins. Frankly i'd say tough it out with some diphenhydramin to sleep as to not slip into another addiction.
Now getting on methadone for 50mg hydromorphone is heavy! Just my 2 cents

Thanks for bumping it! I feel stupid liking or commenting and then realizing its 2y old.
Kratom WD??? Non existing as far as i'm concerned. No matter what strain or leaf or concentrate ever did anything to or for me.
I am declined to pass it off as placebo.
Look at what he was also taking!!! I'd make a list of what except kratom recently and go from there. Naloxon doesnt stimulate your mu, kappa, delta etc opioid receptors, it rips off even your endorphins. Frankly i'd say tough it out with some diphenhydramin to sleep as to not slip into another addiction.
Now getting on methadone for 50mg hydromorphone is heavy! Just my 2 cents
Withdrawal from kratom is not a joke, I'm experiencing it right now. Dont imply that it doesn't exist or is psychosomatic, people need to fully understand the risk of it producing physical dependence...

Withdrawal from kratom is not a joke, I'm experiencing it right now. Dont imply that it doesn't exist or is psychosomatic, people need to fully understand the risk of it producing physical dependence...
Anonymous Dissident ( gotta give you a 👍👍👍 for THAT Name- cool! )
It never did anything for me! Zero, Nil,Zip!!
Never made the high stronger, lowered wd, NOTHING at all! But maybe it was all bunk?
Or i dont feel the fine nuances. Tramadol is same, NOTHING. Others love it.
Now coca leaves...aaah! But how often does one have chance for those?

For me the worst of the withdrawals was the total inability to a take a shite. Kratom is probably the most useless of all the substances I have done. I chain-smoked everytime on it.

Anonymous Dissident ( gotta give you a 👍👍👍 for THAT Name- cool! )
It never did anything for me! Zero, Nil,Zip!!
Never made the high stronger, lowered wd, NOTHING at all! But maybe it was all bunk?
Or i dont feel the fine nuances. Tramadol is same, NOTHING. Others love it.
Now coca leaves...aaah! But how often does one have chance for those?
Thinking you might be lacking the cypd2d6 enzymes in your liver to process kratom and tramadol properly. Just a thought....