• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom withdrawal

Ryt4578

Greenlighter
So I would like to hear how others have dealt with coming off Kratom. I have been taking it orally, usually around 60g a day, for the last 5 months. I became such a slave to the stuff, I would start to feel bad within 5 hours if I didn't take it. Sweaty, dialated pupils, muscle aches, and I would wake up in withdrawal in the middle of each night and need to take more if I wanted to go back to sleep. So the time has come where I want to stop, totally. I don't take any other narcotics or drink, nor can I use drugs to withdrawal. I somewhat tapered the best I could and then stopped completely about 24 hours ago. I got some immodioum, some St. John's wart, and some other mood supporting supplements. I managed to sleep last night but had vivid dreams, was a little restless, and this morning I feel ok but very tired and weak. Is this going to get worse or have I expected it to be more intense than it really will be? How long till full withdrawals kick in, if at all? Any experience with doing this would be much apprciatated. Thanks!

dxm works better than anything to attenuate withdrawal except for maybe benzos, there is also scientific studies supporting this.

Doses of 100 mg are effective. Make sure you do not have the enzyme mutation that causes DXM to be many times stronger. You might feel a little anxiety when the DXM first hits that you will feel better soon

^ just kidding. Kratom withdrawal isn't that bad. Just go through it, it's very short in duration. 1st night is worst, 2nd night isn't as bad, 3rd is better , etc...

Yea I can't take narcotics that show up in drug tests so maybe I'll try the dxm. My only worry with that is I used to abuse that stuff to trip and not really wanting to go down that road again

Ok cool. Hopefully it will end quickly. I've read on here a lot of conflicting accounts of how bad it really is or isn't

Kratom w/d at normal doses isn't all that bad but 60g per day isn't normal. At your dose I'd guess that it's going to be bad, possibly really bad but TBH I really don't know, the highest dose I've came off of (by itself) was a quarter of yours.

Personally I'd taper down to a reasonable dose before jumping off. The Imodium will help with the w/d but also prolong it, I would also keep your dose as low as possible since high doses are said to be bad for your heart. Keep in mind loperamide itself can be physically addictive when taken in mega doses and the withdrawal from that is said to be brutal and very long lasting.

Last edited:
Well I was taking about 14-18 grams about 3-4 days a week for a few months but before that I'd been taking about an ounce a day 3 days a week for a few months, then the other night I even did just 5 grams of UEI.

Now it's my 3rd day without Kratom and as I'd anticipated when you DON'T take it every day the WD is really not THAT bad.

Mostly I'm just pretty fucking depressed and have a runny nose and some trouble falling asleep but with the help of melatonin, benadryl and Klonopin I still eventually fall asleep and get my 8 hours.

The most noticeable thing is just the depression...feeling low and lethargic and like life kind of sucks...but I know that will pass in a few more days.

I just want to take a nice long break from it because I was getting just a bit TOO into it.

But so far my assessment that if you don't take it more than 4 days a week your WD shouldn't be too bad seems to be spot on.

OP: If you can't sleep through the night without Kratom it is because you took so much every single day.

Not trying to be a dick about it, I feel for you, but just realize that ANY drug taken EVERY DAY (so long as it's an addictive one) will leave worse WDs than if you take a few days off per week.

It's like every extra day or dose you take builds up more debt and every day or dose you don't take relieves some of that debt and eventually lessens the burden when you stop.

I didn't even taper, just stopped cold turkey.

I bet by the end of the week my WD will be AT LEAST 75% gone.

dxm works better than anything to attenuate withdrawal except for maybe benzos, there is also scientific studies supporting this.

Doses of 100 mg are effective. Make sure you do not have the enzyme mutation that causes DXM to be many times stronger. You might feel a little anxiety when the DXM first hits that you will feel better soon
I have the opposite effect. Dxm or dph for that matter, will exacerbate my wd symptoms, especially rls!

Like I always state- drugs and their effects are subjective. I find Kratom Withdrawal to only be "bad" between the 24-48 hour mark and then by day 5 I'm baseline. This is in reference to 1-2 ounces a day of premium ground leaf daily for 4 months last year.

I will say one thing about kratom withdrawal--the anxiety (social especially) is crippling...even mores than benzos IMO

For pain take 1000mg of Tylenol and 800mg of ibuprofen every 4-6 hours as needed- you can take Tylenol on an empty stomache but must take ibuprofen with food/ full stomache. For WD minor relief, take 30-60mg of dxm 2-3 times spread through the day.

60grams of kratom is a lot, I wonder if some vendors sell mostly shit product when I see people take 10+ grams.

Methadone is the seventh ring of Hell itself. My 2 cents ain't but worth a cent And a half....but the "red handcuffs"

Sure as SHIT ain't the answer. Subuxone is better....not saying its gonna make everything better....but i was in methadone for,8 years, and I regret every...single...day.

Sure as SHIT ain't the answer. Subuxone is better....not saying its gonna make everything better....but i was in methadone for,8 years, and I regret every...single...day.
Would u recommend methadone or Suboxone for kratom withdrawal?lol

I can't even imagine a 60g day withdrawal. I must be extra sensitive to Kratom because it makes me high unlike any drug I've tried. I am having very slight WDs JUST from 10g a day for 5 DAYS. 5 days lol. A lot of it is mental but I have been having some physical symptoms. Granted it's very minor, they are still there from just five days. For your situation you should probably start tapering. Lower the dose as much as you can handle every time and try to take it less frequently. Like if you dose 3 times a day, try to dose just 2x a day for a week or two, with lower doses.

Keep lowering as much as you can handle and then make the dive cold turkey when you feel it's time

I actually just weaned myself off kratom (not permanently, mind, just for taking a t-break and stopping a potential addiction) and yeah, it can suck. I'd say the most important thing is to set up a schedule for decreasing dose sizes and frequency of doses. Going slow and steady will make it a lot easier. Find something that can help you sleep and prevent depression, too.

I'm in day four of withdrawal from a 40g a day Kratom habit. I tried kicking the habit about 8 months ago when I was taking half the amount and I was completely normal by day 2. It was so easy, I wasn't scared to jump right back in. That was a pretty big mistake as I'm still feeling shitty on day 4...but let me say this: 2 years ago I CT from 110 mg of methadone a day. It took me 3 months to feel as good as I do on day four of Kratom withdrawal. Please, please, please don't trade Kratom withdrawal for methadone! It's so not worth it.

Honestly, I think the memory of those 3 months are the only thing keeping me in perspective right now. I don't feel good, but I don't feel like i got a horrible sunburn, stabbed needles in my joints, dipped myself in vomit and ants, slid on a polyester body suit and then set the whole thing on fire. That's not to say Kratom isn't a harsh addiction to kick, it surely is. From what I have experienced, you should be feeling physically close to normal within a week With every day getting better than the last after day 3. I know 3-7 days sounds like an eternity but I promise you can do this.

I haven't taken anything to help relieve the symptoms of Kratom withdrawal besides hot baths (always a relief!), plenty of water and CBD oil to keep the anxiety in check so I can't really recommend any meds to help, but I truly hope you're doing well at this point! I just needed to warn against methadone and subs...the half life of those drugs are 3 days.Keep going, you're doing awesome!

I would say its mostly subjective to the user.. If kratom is your fist encounter with wd, then it will suck.. If you've detoxed off methadone, kratom wd is a walk in the park..

I don't think I've ever posted here but I've certainly learned TONS. I, too, am concerned about withdrawal. I was initially told that the withdrawals are mainly psychological.

I suffer with severe Bi-polar II, a severe anxiety disorder, epilepsy, and osteoarthritis. I take 30-40 grams a day together with my bipolar/epilepsy medication for mood stability and I've never felt better. Additionally, a half gram provides joint pain relief for an entire day. It should be noted that two full panel blood tests revealed nothing at all abnormal.

Now, it looks like this is coming to an end and I'm preparing to feel crappy/deflated mood again along with painful joints (I was prescribed 10 milligrams of Norco and it didn't even help with swelling, let alone pain!) kratom withdrawals.

All input, experiences, and suggestions are totally solicited. Just please go easy on me; this is my first time here asking for help. I know y'all can get frustrated when you read that someone is taking too much of anything. I promise it won't happen again...

get some proglumide, black seed oil, agmatine and sodium ascorbate. TAPER YOUR DOSE. things will be rough, but OK.