• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom withdrawal vs. withdrawal from "real" opiates

After 7 or 8 years on prescribed fentanyl, I finally had enough and asked my doctor to wean me off. After 4 months of tapering down, I was done. I began taking kratom for the pain (not the withdrawal), and continued for a year. Since tapering off fentanyl worked, I tried it with kratom. For me, I had no withdrawal from kratom. I tried to mimic what my doctor had done but couldn't ask her anything since I had moved across the country.
Now this is not to say there is no withdrawal from kratom. I've heard others described a tough withdrawal, but not as tough a opioids, which I've had to kick 6 or 7 times. I will say this...the older I get, the withdrawals become worse, a lot worse. At 58 years old, my last heroin withdrawal was a fucking nightmare like no others. Haven't used it since in nearly 11 years....old dogs can learn new tricks, so there's hope for us after all.

Last edited:
After 7 or 8 years on prescribed fentanyl, I finally had enough and asked my doctor to wean me off. After 4 months of tapering down, I was done. I began taking kratom for the pain (not the withdrawal), and continued for a year. Since tapering off fentanyl worked, I tried it with kratom. For me, I had no withdrawal from kratom. I tried to mimic what my doctor had done but couldn't ask her anything since I had moved across the country.
Now this is not to say there is no withdrawal from kratom. I've heard others described a tough withdrawal, but not as tough a opioids, which I've had to kick 6 or 7 times. I will say this...the older I get, the withdrawals become worse, a lot worse. At 59 years old, my last heroin withdrawal was a fucking nightmare like no others. Haven't used it since in nearly 11 years....old dogs can learn new tricks, so there's hope for us after all.

I was just thinking about this the other day lol. My withdrawals lack physical symptoms (my mother was a heroin addict and went through them too many times before I was born). I definitely have some resistance to the physical symptoms while I've watched others be destroyed by similar doses of the same habits. The mental aspect is beyond horrible still though. I'm quite younger so that does help.. sorry to hear about the withdrawals becoming so awful. On the flip side I couldn't feel a 5 milligram percocet for the first time ever and needed 10 milligrams. So go figure.

Anyway, I really like at least going on a much smaller dose even if I do fail in kicking kratom. I can actually enjoy life more now and it was bogging me down mentally. I used to just redose every time I was bored, but I refuse to do that anymore. I wish it was more understood how kratom affects the brain. It does cause depression in the long run and maybe the dosage matters but no one really knows how much effect the drug has on natural endorphins.

Well Ive quit Kratom several times, all with different doses ... but the same "result" (withdrawal symptom wise).

1. 10gs a day -- First year tying kratom ... Quit with a longgg break (probably a year and a half)
2. 18gs a day -- year 2 using ... Quit with a longgg break (about a year)
3. 20gs a day -- year 3 using ... Trying to quit forever.

Obv. some days I used more and some less... Just depended (used it for pain, like I was using heroin for...)

I originally used Kratom to get off Heroin, which it worked wonderfully... Butttttt now im addicted to Kratom (technically safer) but I don't want to stay on this crap any more either. For anyone out there using Kratom to get off H... please be careful. The devil can hide in this one too...
How much kratom works for h withdrawals?

My withdrawal from kratom was quite unpleasant. I needed a few days in the psych ward due to the severe anxiety I was having. It has quite a few compounds that hit different parts of the brain causing a complex set of withdrawal symptoms.