• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Kratom withdrawal schedule

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Ok, guys I have klonopin and lyrica I get prescribed. I want to take a break from the KRATOM for awhile.
Can y’all give me a schedule with what I use to get off the kratom. Mind you I don’t want to abuse the medication. I take 300 mg of lyrica and .5 klonopin a day.

Last edited:
Ok, guys I have klonopin and lyrica I get prescribed. I want to take a break from the KRATOM for awhile.
Can y’all give me a schedule with what I use to get off the kratom. Mind you I don’t want to abuse the medication. I take 300 mg of lyrica and .5 klonopin a day.
Edited the title for ya.
All the best with it! <3

what's your dose like and how long have you been on kratom?

luckily kratom is incredibly easy to taper in general, you can typically start drastically reducing your dose by several grams at a time and not have much withdrawal, when you get down to smaller amounts you should slow down

shouldn't be too rough if you have benzos, I would save those for the end, the worst part of kratom withdrawal for me was the insomnia and RLS

I take 300 mg of Lyrica twice daily and .5 kpin twice daily. I also have a reserve of 45 1 mg klonopin too.

I’m glad you answered the question of how much kratom you take a day. Without knowing that, there is no way one could make a schedule. What kind of kratom do you take and for what? (Pain, anxiety, etc)
You could do quite a slow taper: take a gram or 2 off each dose of Kratom until you’re down to the amount you want, if any.
How long have you been taking the kratom?

In my experience, you need nothing but 10-12 mg of loperamide per day for Kratom. I had been using Kratom daily at high doses for years. Then, my wife found my bag of Kratom when we were on a vacation in Greece. She dumped it into the toilet so I had to do without. I bought a few packs of Immodium at the local pharmacies and took 6 capsules every morning. Withdrawals were not that bad, I even enjoyed the vacation. PAWS from Kratom do suck, though, and can linger for a while.

I’m glad you answered the question of how much kratom you take a day. Without knowing that, there is no way one could make a schedule. What kind of kratom do you take and for what? (Pain, anxiety, etc)
You could do quite a slow taper: take a gram or 2 off each dose of Kratom until you’re down to the amount you want, if any.
How long have you been taking the kratom?

Don't overthink it. Just quit cold turkey and don't take more of heavy duty shit like clonopin for Kratom WDs. Clonazepam is a MUCH harder drug than Kratom. I did the same idiotic thing, I took Fluaprazolam and Flunitrazolam to help me with Kratom withdrawals. That messed me up way more than the Kratom ever could. Kratom withdrawals suck but they are manageable. Being scared and overthinking it is not helpful.

In my experience, you need nothing but 10-12 mg of loperamide per day for Kratom. I had been using Kratom daily at high doses for years. Then, my wife found my bag of Kratom when we were on a vacation in Greece. She dumped it into the toilet so I had to do without. I bought a few packs of Immodium at the local pharmacies and took 6 capsules every morning. Withdrawals were not that bad, I even enjoyed the vacation. PAWS from Kratom do suck, though, and can linger for a while.
how would you define the kratom PAWS?
I honestly feel perfect and don't want to use kratom after 2 weeks of not using.

I would say if you don’t have diarrhea, there’s no need to take 6 capsules of lope at the same time. I wouldn’t take more than the recommended dose. You can REALLY mess up your digestive tract and heart.

I was saying to taper if you’re feeling anxious about it. I wouldn’t add in any medicine you don’t already take. Maybe try to go a day without it and see how uncomfortable you feel. If you’re fine, then try another day. If you’re not fine, take half your normal dose. If you’re not in a hurry to stop the kratom, tapering will decrease the chance of feeling crappy.

I would say if you don’t have diarrhea, there’s no need to take 6 capsules of lope at the same time. I wouldn’t take more than the recommended dose. You can REALLY mess up your digestive tract and heart.

I was saying to taper if you’re feeling anxious about it. I wouldn’t add in any medicine you don’t already take. Maybe try to go a day without it and see how uncomfortable you feel. If you’re fine, then try another day. If you’re not fine, take half your normal dose. If you’re not in a hurry to stop the kratom, tapering will decrease the chance of feeling crappy.

You will have diarrhea when quitting daily Kratom usage and this guy is taking 30gpd. Massive diarrhea is pretty much guaranteed. Also, Loperamide is safe and tested up until 16mg per day, so please stop the fear mongering about heart issues and severe constipation. Long QT syndrome is an issue when stupid people take 100mg of lope for quite some time. Constipation may be an issue but should be fine in an opioid user. Opioid users are used to opiods, and so is their gut. I swear that 12mg of loperamide make a huge difference when you are in Kratom withdrawals, takes away many of the unpleasant symptoms.

how would you define the kratom PAWS?
I honestly feel perfect and don't want to use kratom after 2 weeks of not using.

I used Kratom daily at high doses for years. After a week of acute withdrawals I still felt somewhat shitty, weak, lethargic, aching bones, low energy for 6-8 weeks or so. Not massively so, but quite noticeable. Not sure it was PAWS, could just have been lingering withdrawals. Oh yeah, libido was also totally gone even after stopping Kratom and didn't recover in many months.

I used Kratom daily at high doses for years. After a week of acute withdrawals I still felt somewhat shitty, weak, lethargic, aching bones, low energy for 6-8 weeks or so. Not massively so, but quite noticeable. Not sure it was PAWS, could just have been lingering withdrawals. Oh yeah, libido was also totally gone even after stopping Kratom and didn't recover in many months.
yeah, probably was the high dose wreck...
I only used 8-15 gpd at my max, so I didn't have PAWS more than just feeling more lethargic than usual

yeah, probably was the high dose wreck...
I only used 8-15 gpd at my max, so I didn't have PAWS more than just feeling more lethargic than usual

I am not even sure that PAWS exist. You could just call it withdrawal. First, it is bad and then turns into a protracted mess that takes a while to be gone. For some, it is over after a few weeks but I would bet that most feel unwell or not at 100% for many many weeks after a massive habit. PAWS is just a fancy term for the inevitable adjustment period in which your neurotransmitter systems readjust to your new reality.

Thanks for the above!! It helps with the Fear of all this withdrawals Stress. I am amazed at the power of my brain with regards to "Anticipated Fear"?? I struggle with a Norco habit (Addiction??) and have purchased Kratom, but have avoided taking it [well a few Pills here and there, and still take the Norcos 10/325.
I really just want an "Easier Softer WAY to get off all this shit and back to a Younger self's mental state??
But TBT I can not , time marches on.
Thank you all for all your help, as i sit looking and bags of Kratom , BTW: how do we store This Green Sludge?

Hello, are you still off Kratom?
Does it help with pain? I have radiation damage from Cancer treatments, and the long term damage is here (62M)

I am not even sure that PAWS exist. You could just call it withdrawal. First, it is bad and then turns into a protracted mess that takes a while to be gone. For some, it is over after a few weeks but I would bet that most feel unwell or not at 100% for many many weeks after a massive habit. PAWS is just a fancy term for the inevitable adjustment period in which your neurotransmitter systems readjust to your new reality.
I call it baseline nostalgia...
when you're a daily user of whatever then your new baseline is the kratom/whatever baseline you have when using it so then you recognize as your baseline the altered state that it's clearly different than being sober even if you have some tolerance.
Then you don't recognize the sober baseline state as "your baseline" because you got used to it, creating some kind of psychological/physiological nostalgia-like feeling that can even manifest as despersonalization.

and yeah, chemically talking is just your neurotransmitters coming back to their natural state.