• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kratom withdrawal, keep track here

I've been on a music-listening streak since I quot. I get goosebumps from Radiohead, Daft Punk, etc. Heavy nostalgia lol. Does feel really good. I pretty much cancelled music out of my life while on opiates/kratom despite the fact I'm a drummer.

Last spam post, Radiohead, used to be OBESESsed! i'm back to listening the third eye blind and god, it sounds so completely different. I haven't listened to music in a year. i wonder what radiohead would sound like now..

I feel the same way about it. Using it to get off of harder opiates, even after almost 2 weeks, my body still did not feel "normal" without it, but I blame that on the oxys I was using along with it, the dependency of which the Kratom was maintaining, hence the longer withdrawal period. Even now, because of my occasional dabbling on Kratom too soon, my brain and body still have yet to completely normalize, though it's close. 30 days completely clear of everything and I'm sure I would be 100%. Psychologically, I find that very hard at the moment, finding myself needing to do "something" almost everyday, even something slight, just for a head change. I find myself feeling like shit at at least some part of the day though because of this, which really makes me want to push myself through the 30 day mark, but the cravings to do something are always there, mostly because of my lack of stimulation in day-to-day life. At least that's what I blame it on. I know it's up to me to change that, but there's only so many options around here I feel.

So much for not spamming. I 100% relate, lack of stimulation, needing to do SOMETHING at least every 2nd day, just to get away. I feel like substances take me to a more emotional place, and when I don't have them, it's complete apathy and detachment, at least for a few months before I regulate. The lack of stimulation, especially spiritually, is hard to fast from even for a short few months out of life when you are desperate for it.

I don't want to sound like a total cunt, but Kratom is NOT an opiate. It is an opioid. I thought this was common knowledge, yet even some of the more 'educated' people don't seem to understand the difference between opiates and opioids.

I don't want to sound like a total cunt, but Kratom is NOT an opiate. It is an opioid. I thought this was common knowledge, yet even some of the more 'educated' people don't seem to understand the difference between opiates and opioids.

Well if you want to be pedantic, Kratom is neither an opiate (not an alkaloid found within the poppy) nor an opioid (not a synthetic derivative of alkaloids found in the poppy). It simply exerts its primary desirable effects through opioid receptors in the brain. Hence why it is easier to refer to it as an opiate/opioid rather than provide a long winded explanation like I just did.

Well if you want to be pedantic, Kratom is neither an opiate (not an alkaloid found within the poppy) nor an opioid (not a synthetic derivative of alkaloids found in the poppy). It simply exerts its primary desirable effects through opioid receptors in the brain. Hence why it is easier to refer to it as an opiate/opioid rather than provide a long winded explanation like I just did.

I actually didn't know that, how much science is there on all the alkaloids in kratom? Because I feel like it affects multiple parts of the brain, but I could be wrong. For instance , i am almost sure that it affects opioid receptors and dopamine or norepinephrine receptors. Find it hard to find conclusive evidence on whether it actually does or if it affects more than just that.

I actually didn't know that, how much science is there on all the alkaloids in kratom? Because I feel like it affects multiple parts of the brain, but I could be wrong. For instance , i am almost sure that it affects opioid receptors and dopamine or norepinephrine receptors. Find it hard to find conclusive evidence on whether it actually does or if it affects more than just that.

Yeah Kratom certainly has opiate effects as part of what it does, but it's definitely not the whole picture. Even without conclusive evidence, this is subjectively noticeable. I do know it has 5HT2A receptor antagonistic effects, though I'm not sure what role this would play exactly or to what extent it really even does this.

http://www.kratom.net/content.php?4...-Kratom-and-their-known-or-potential-activity

^That is a list (how official it is I can't say) of all the purported alkaloids generally present in Kratom leaf.

Wow, very interesting what you guys have said about talk radio habits. I have to admit, I too have cut back on music listening since delving into opiates. But I also cut cable out of my life because it wasn't worth price (Why pay $140 for 200 channels when all I want is NFL Network). My days are filled almost exclusively with podcast background noise.

Perhaps it is the kratom that drove my listening habit more towards talk radio. But it could have been other things. My life was very transitional in the last few years.

Weird.. i make and listen to music, even when on opiates.
But I will admit I'm better at writing it when in wd's.

I've been listening to music my entire life. Nothing ever stopped that, and hope never will.
I'm more addicted to rap than any drug :\ lol.

BTW: on day 1 right now. Decided my birthday would be a good day to gift myself with wds lol, i got nothing else. Had to do something different.
But my bday being my cleanliness of kratom "anniversary" every year would be cool.

-HOOD

PANDAmonium; said:
Perhaps it is the kratom that drove my listening habit more towards talk radio. But it could have been other things. My life was very transitional in the last few years.

Holy shit, I love talk radio now whereas I never listened to it before. In fact as sad as it is, it's become enjoyable when I make a headshop trip an hour and change away to listen to talk radio on the way and back. Never thought about it before!

I'm on my fourth day of no kratom. I had been alternating days of use the week before I stopped so I think that helped make the withdrawals less intense.

But get this, my last day of use was on Friday and I was downtown killing time before a bus ride to go meet a friend 7 hours away. I had exactly one strong dose left in my stash and I hadn't used the day before so I was looking forward to feeling good on the bus. Whenever I'm out and about and I want to dose I just put the kratom and a bit of citric acid in my thermos and get some hot water at a coffee shop, usually I go to Starbucks since the people there are cool about giving you free hot water.

So I go into Starbucks and, as usual, ask the employee to put hot water in my thermos. But then I see the employee walk towards the sink.

"What is she doing? No, no, no!", I'm thinking. In slow motion, before I have time to react, she puts cold water into the thermos and begins to pour the contents down the drain. "NO, FUCK FUCK NO!" I yell as the startled customers look my way.

But it was too late. The employee realizes she just dumped my tea down the drain and is very apologetic but obviously she thinks I'm way over-reacting since she assumes it's just some green tea or something. I regain my composure and assure her it was my fault for not telling her to not rinse the thermos first. Maybe a quarter of the kratom was left and after finally getting some hot water in there I leave and sit on a stoop drinking an incredibly weak, tepid and clear kratom tea. I don't think it did much for me, but I took some gabapentin and went on with my life.

The withdrawals haven't been too bad. During my trip I took gabapentin both days but needed to ask my friend for loperamide since I was having a lot of diarrhea. For the bus ride back I also was given 20mg of hydrocodone which had zero recreational effects but probably lessened the withdrawal. So now after getting the money my friend owed me I can order more kratom. It's all waiting now, thank god for gabapentin though. At least I will now be forced to lessen my tolerance.

I have years upon years of daily dosing with Kratom, and have yet to experience WD from plain leaf alone. I've gotten severe WD from UEI, and also when I mixed even low doses of Oxy with plain leaf kratom. Plain leaf kratom "withdrawal" consists of boredom, depression, lethargy, all of which I use kratom to self-medicate for anyway.

I always find it weird how about 50% of kratom users do not experience withdrawals, even after heavy daily use of years at a time. And others will tell you it's just as bad as actual opiate withdrawal. I went through heroin withdrawal before I found kratom, so maybe I'm used to so much more, but lethargy, depression, and boredom aren't really anything to freak out about. Kratom has actually scientifically proven to not disturb the GI tract upon cessation. Which leads me to believe that a lot of you who are getting diarreah from kratom cessation have been mixing pharmaceutical opiates, or UEI with it too.

It is strange how different kratom users have different withdrawal experiences. I've talked to people who take as much as I do a day (average 15 grams a day) and some have no problem and others are like me. For me, it is very similar to a low daily dose of vicodin withdrawal. Now, it doesn't compare to oxy withdrawal but its been over 5 years since I've had oxycontin so I can only somewhat remember how bad it was. Anyway, can't really figure out what they're doing unless half the people are tapering down to nothing which is always the better choice, from what I understand.

On day 4 and with the help of phenibut, taurine, etiz, dxm and pseudoephedrine I've felt hardly anything.. run out of dxm and pseudoephedrine today but I don't think I need it anymore.
I really do think I cheated the Wds this time..
WIN.

-HOOD

Do any of you have issues with taking the phenibut for more than a day or two? I find that even with two days at low doses, I still have rebound anxiety that lasts for a few days.

I just started using Kratom a month ago. I used every 3rd or 4th day, 1-3 times a day at about a tsp each time for a couple weeks, then the last couple weeks I was using about 1 1/2 tsp, 3 times a day, every day. I dont' know how many grams this is, but I definitely noticed it wasn't doing so much anymore. I had started using kratom for insomnia and depression... the websites make it sound like the perfect alternative to antidepressants and pharmies; and make it sound like its non addictive, plant based, perfectly safe medicine. I had no idea I was using something like an opiate, or that there would be such withdrawls! Now that it doesnt seem to be working, I just quit taking it. But my body has been in such pain! The aching feels like a severe flu case; depression; and total insomnia which I have had to take sleep aids every night. Its been a week and I am still taking a high dose of ibuprofen to cope with aches and also sleep aids. I am shocked that I still feel this way after a week, and after only a month of use! I am not a sensitive person, and have lots of experience with many plant and chemical medicines. Is it normal for the withdrawls to last this long??? Im getting worried. I never would have started this had I known!!!

I never felt any withdrawal symptoms from kratom whatsoever, with two exceptions, and this is coming from someone who has detoxed off bundles a day of good Jersey Dope, so I'm familiar with WD's.

The first time I felt withdrawal while taking kratom is after using kratom 4x daily for about 6 months, I tried UEI for the first time. I took it at noon, and didnt take any other kratom the rest of the day. I woke up in an all too familiar hell, of derealization, depersonalization, depression, restless legs, tears, and nose running like a faucet. UEI really did give me full blown WD's and that was just on one dose of it. Even with high dose of red vein kratom it took about 4 days to get back to baseline. I don't use kratom extracts just for this reason.

The second time I felt withdrawal, and this happens about once a month, is when I mix it with oxy. Oxy is a very stimulating opiate as it is for me, and the adrenergic effects of kratom kick it up tenfold. I work as a manager at a welding company. I literally lifted 150 pound ingots, and welded them all day, full speed, with no stopping. I woke up the next day with pain, but used more oxy to cover it up. I find that 2 days of oxy use with kratom does not raise tolly, or make it any worse. Any more than 2 days though, and you'll have withdrawal out the ass. It's weird because sometimes I'll take oxy for a week straight and get no withdrawals, and other times I'll take it for 2 days and get terrible withdrawal.

After taking 5-6 grams three days in a row, I knew I had to start taking it every other day as I just felt depressed with absolutely no energy when I didn't take it on the fourth day. After 2 weeks of taking it every other day, I felt the same way on every off day; i couldnt find the energy or motivation to get up off the chair and do anything. It just seemed counterproductive because I would feel shitty all day during the offdays, and the next day when I was set to take it I would feel energetic and good when I woke up (because I guess the withdrawal wore off by then), but I would still take the kratom that day and repeat the cycle the next day. It just wasn't worth it so I very rarely take kratom now and the next day I do not get any withdrawal symptoms.

Took me 2 weeks to beat kratom wds.
That is the average time it takes me, give or take a day or two every time i have come off it.

I try to do 2 weeks on it, 2 weeks off it.. but it is starting to be pointless because as soon as i am out of wds i start the kratom back up again- resetting the cycle.

On the other hand, i am much more productive and social on it and not as much as a dick and everyone around me seems to be an ass a lot less.

Think next time i will try 1 month on, 2 weeks wd, 2 weeks clean, than back on one month- rinse repeat.
(gotta have some time to enjoy cleanliness once outta wds)

I'm on kratom now, just started my 2 weeks on yesterday morning.

Anyone else cycle like this?

-HOOD

Took me 2 weeks to beat kratom wds.
That is the average time it takes me, give or take a day or two every time i have come off it.

I try to do 2 weeks on it, 2 weeks off it.. but it is starting to be pointless because as soon as i am out of wds i start the kratom back up again- resetting the cycle.

On the other hand, i am much more productive and social on it and not as much as a dick and everyone around me seems to be an ass a lot less.

Think next time i will try 1 month on, 2 weeks wd, 2 weeks clean, than back on one month- rinse repeat.
(gotta have some time to enjoy cleanliness once outta wds)

I'm on kratom now, just started my 2 weeks on yesterday morning.

Anyone else cycle like this?

-HOOD

I find using daily as needed is just way better than trying to figure out a plan on it. Well, I personally use it for it's anti-depressant qualities more than anything. I've taken a 3 month tolly break from it before, and I've found that my tolly was back to where it was previously within 3 days of use. I don't see a reason to cycle. It's cheap as hell, not really bad on your body other than constipation, and it also has a ceiling effect to where you cant just use it like a traditional opiate. Why do you prefer to cycle if you dont mind me asking?