• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom: When you know it's time for a prolonged break/washout

truenamebrand

Bluelighter
As I've detailed elsewhere here, I have a kratom addiction myself, which I've tried unsuccessfully to shake at times when I've gotten a fresh benzo script. Well, I got my clonazepam script yesterday and I'm now starting my first full day of (once again) attempted kratom washout. I figured this may be useful for some browsing the site or web for info. These are, IME, the sure-fire signs it's time for a prolonged kratom washout because kratom dependence has set in.

1) The most obvious: Diminished returns/tolerance. It took me a full year for this to happen. I thought kratom was a miracle plant prior to this, never gaining a tolerance (even taking extracts!), and then all of a sudden, almost overnight, it happened. My usual 8-10 gram dose did NOTHING. No slow, creeping tolerance, but in the blink of an eye...

2) Significantly lowered motivation & impaired cognitive function when not "high" on kratom. This, for me, sets in almost immediately after my last dose has worn off.

3) Sleep disruptions if not dosing close enough to bedtime, and sometimes even then; waking up way too early and wired, totally unable to fall back asleep.

4) Anxiety (or in the case of those already suffering anxiety, INCREASED anxiety) when not "high" on kratom. I noticed this slightly in the early stages of dependence and it has only gotten much, MUCH worse.

5) Depression, irritability, mood swings when not "high" on kratom. This will gradually grow worse and worse. When this starts happening, you know you're becoming dependent and there's no more denying it.

6) Various physical WD symptoms, as I've described in other posts (please check my other posts for how I've described these).

This is, of course, only a handful of signs that kratom has become a problem for an individual. Others are more than welcome to add to this, and if anyone has any questions they'd like to DM me with, feel free!

Kratom can be a wonderful substance for many. However, those of us prone to addiction need to be super careful with ANYTHING that can produce euphoria, and especially substances which can be acquired so easily. As with anything, kratom must be treated with respect.

Best of luck to all.

-True