• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom. What am i doing wrong? No effect!

Sewerslide, how long you been on Kratom? What was your history before and do you dose that half oz all at once?
off and on for a few years I've been using it more frequently... I use it more that I should, i was using it b4 every one knew about it, I've never been a opiate head i still like opiates tho, I'm just recreational drug user... I should take a tolerance break tho...

if you take kratom to get off opiates or your just taking kratom no outher opiate in the system for me maby a lil above moderate,
but every ones diffrent, when I take a break from kratom and come back i feel good off less, and if I try to take a high dose and it's been a wile I throw up

How much does Kratom raise your opiate tolerance?

i have only done kratom for the past year. before that i was 8 months totally clean after 20 years using opiates, the last 10 very physically addicted. i'm up to about 60 grams a day of kratom in 10g doses right now.

i came up on 30mg of hydrocodone the other day. took it when i woke up instead of kratom. was feeling the kratom wd's pretty good at 9hrs without a dose.... so i took em and waited, fantasizing about how great opiates used to make me feel. even back when i did 100+mg oxy a day, 30mg of hydro would be enough to mostly stop wd's for an hour or two.... so a half hour goes by... 45 minutes... 55 minutes and i was crushed by disappointment - not even the tiniest relief of kratom wd could be felt. it was as if i took nothing at all. 10g of kratom down the hatch and started feeling better in about 15 minutes. this kratom shit sucks more then i could have ever imagined. never thought it could wreck tolerance to full agonist opiates. who knows how much i'd have to take to even feel real opiates now...

i have only done kratom for the past year. before that i was 8 months totally clean after 20 years using opiates, the last 10 very physically addicted. i'm up to about 60 grams a day of kratom in 10g doses right now.

i came up on 30mg of hydrocodone the other day. took it when i woke up instead of kratom. was feeling the kratom wd's pretty good at 9hrs without a dose.... so i took em and waited, fantasizing about how great opiates used to make me feel. even back when i did 100+mg oxy a day, 30mg of hydro would be enough to mostly stop wd's for an hour or two.... so a half hour goes by... 45 minutes... 55 minutes and i was crushed by disappointment - not even the tiniest relief of kratom wd could be felt. it was as if i took nothing at all. 10g of kratom down the hatch and started feeling better in about 15 minutes. this kratom shit sucks more then i could have ever imagined. never thought it could wreck tolerance to full agonist opiates. who knows how much i'd have to take to even feel real opiates now...

That is what I was worried about.

My friend and I both started opiates for chronic pain at about the same dosage.
We run ourselves short on medication once in a while and I take a little loperamide to get through those days and he started on Kratom.
Now he cannot even feel his pain medication when he takes 3 times the amount that used to help!

He has been stuck in a cycle of taking Kratom 3 weeks out of every month.
He only has a week of actual pain relief.

You should try tapering up and down with your Kratom at the beginning of the period of use and the end, may not be the best couple of days at the beginning and end of Kratom period but will be better in the long run. For example, if you take 10 grams per day to be good, when you start the period of Kratom use start with 6, increase a gram every day or two til you get to ten and then so the same but opposite at the end, play around with this method to find what works best for you.

kratom fucks with my stomic so I have an empty stomach and eat a small bowl of cheerios and wait 20, 30 min I dose once a day I usually dose around half oz.... but I wasn't on opiates first but I am a lil addicted to it,

What kinda effects do you get from that kinda dose? What type of withdrawal have you experienced?

... never thought it could wreck tolerance to full agonist opiates. who knows how much i'd have to take to even feel real opiates now...

Technically, 7-hydroxymitragynine is a full agonist, even a super-agonist. It's just an extract in pill form and not the pure substance, I think is what you are alluding to. Eating all that other plant byproduct, it is like tincture of opium versus morphine. Mitragynine is to morphine as kratom is to opium.

I want to take a break from Tramadol and Tapentadol. I am consuming huge doses of Tramadol (more than 500 mg every day). Will the Kratom help me? In Chile they sell it in packages of 50 grams. I think it's very little and will not reach me even for a week. What do you think?