• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Kratom tolerance break duration?

Mch1

Bluelighter
I have been taking kratom every third day for the past month or so, increasing the dosage by 100-150mg every dose. How long would I have to abstain from kratom to get my tolerance back close to baseline?(for me, about 2.1g) My last dose was about three days ago, but I'm skipping today.

I have been taking kratom every third day for the past month or so, increasing the dosage by 100-150mg every dose. How long would I have to abstain from kratom to get my tolerance back close to baseline?(for me, about 2.1g) My last dose was about three days ago, but I'm skipping today.
You are doing pretty good by taking it like you do and keeping your gram number down. 2.1 grams is a very low dose. Very low.

And for only 30 days? You aren't abusing it by a long shot. I'm surprised you even have a tolerance. Takes most people several months to stop feeling it and that's when they increase their dose.

If you stopped taking it for a couple of weeks I think you would be back to baseline. I think you are the winner of the lowest dose I have ever seen anyone write about. Good for you. Keep it that low and only 3 days a week and you should be golden .

If I understand correctly, you started with 2.1g of powdered kratom once every third day and added ~150mg more each time? How much are you actually taking right now?
I don't think one would be able to tell the difference between 2.1g and 2.2g of kratom anyway, in your case I think you should just stick to the same dose (or find your sweet spot) and take a break when it starts losing its effectiveness. Constant dose escalation could result in faster tolerance development.

It's hard to say how long it would take to get your tolerance back to baseline. Probably a couple of days or a week at most.
You should probably be more concerned with the fact that you seem to have developed a small habit which could eventually become an addiction.

If I understand correctly, you started with 2.1g of powdered kratom once every third day and added ~150mg more each time? How much are you actually taking right now?
At the moment, I have to take about 3.75g to nice and sleepy. Good idea about not increasing the dose, I'll be sure to give that a try.