• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom T-Break, Questions

SmilexGwG

Bluelighter
Hey Everyone!

Im new to Bluelight so please excuse me if this post does not belong in BDD.

So ive been using kratom daily for about 4-5 months now. At first 6 grams got me where i wanted to be, now 16 grams wont get me as high as 4 grams used too. Im wanting to take a tolerance break but really dont know how long it takes to dent my high kratom tolerance.

Any help is appreciated :)

Also just to note my dosage is taken several times daily so its more like 30 grams a day most days, sorry for forgetting to mention that originally.

Last edited:
Welcome to BL!

Good on you for wanting the tolerance break. Kratom really is a "less is more" type of drug. I also max out at around 15g - I do not suggesting taking more than about 20-30g per day max (withdrawals from doses above this can get quite bad, just as bad and even worse than opiates in some ways)

Luckily kratom has quite a short tolerance reset / withdrawal compared to other drugs.

Personally I find kratom incredibly easy to taper. What I would usually do is just take about .5-1g less kratom per day. You shouldn't even be able to notice the difference (if you're honest with yourself). So after a week or so you should be down to about 6g, then just stay at 6g for another week or two or three and BOOM your tolerance is reset back to 6g and you will get more of a buzz from bigger doses again.

Or, you could just go cold turkey (if you can bare it) for 48 hours or so and you will also notice a big drop in your tolerance in my opinion.

I believe black seed oil helps a lot for withdrawal/tolerance symptoms if I recall

I seem to regain my past tolerance in about 4-5 days of use.

I've been using kratom daily for 10 years and generally rotate between 7g and 14g doses, once in the morning. I do not redose.

Alright thanks!

I know the wd can be bad, but ill try to manage a 48 hour CT break :)
Interestingly kratom seems to effect people in 2 different ways due to genetic variances in metabolism

Some people (like me) do not experience any withdrawal symptoms at all until about 24 hours since the last dose

There are others on BL where the withdrawals start after only about 8 hours

I'd be interested in seeing type you are--^

The withdrawals shouldn't be too bad of 15g for a few months, but I would imagine you might feel some mild ones.

15 gram s shouldn’t be that hard to come off of, I wouldn’t worry about ct unless you’ve been dtakong more than an ounce a day

Interestingly kratom seems to effect people in 2 different ways due to genetic variances in metabolism

Some people (like me) do not experience any withdrawal symptoms at all until about 24 hours since the last dose

There are others on BL where the withdrawals start after only about 8 hours

I'd be interested in seeing type you are--^

The withdrawals shouldn't be too bad of 15g for a few months, but I would imagine you might feel some mild ones.
It takes me about 8 hours before any sort of wd starts for me

15 gram s shouldn’t be that hard to come off of, I wouldn’t worry about ct unless you’ve been dtakong more than an ounce a day
I take 15 grams twice to three times a day, and have been for many months. For me the with drawals are bad but the insomnia is really what messes with me. After not sleeping for 24+ hours some pretty bad delusions are brought on.

Also sorry for not mentioning that my dose is repeated several times a day i dont know why i left that information out

Yeah withdrawal from 45g is going to be rough. I highly suggest you taper down to 20g before trying cold turkey

Yeah the withdrawals will not be fun. Many people report that taking agmatine sulphate (it's a supplement you can get online in bulk easily or from GNC or something) a few times a day helps with kratom withdrawal severity, and helps reduce tolerance much more quickly. If you just intend on going a couple of days, then loperamide at 24-48mg will help a lot with the withdrawals and restlessness/insomnia. Clonidine helps a good bit, too. And a sedating benzo really also helps to sleep at night, taken right before bed. Taking any of these for more than a few days in a row is a bad idea (except clonidine, it is not addictive or anything, it just calms your nervous system down and lowers your blood pressure and helps a lot with restlessness), but a few days is fine and helps it to be more manageable.

However just taking 48 hours o0ff will not substantially reduce your tolerance, except a little bit for the first day or 2 you start back. It is a good idea though. A better idea is to start skipping every other day, you will get much better highs and will be substantially less addicted physically. It will be challenging at first though.

Yeah the withdrawals will not be fun. Many people report that taking agmatine sulphate (it's a supplement you can get online in bulk easily or from GNC or something) a few times a day helps with kratom withdrawal severity, and helps reduce tolerance much more quickly. If you just intend on going a couple of days, then loperamide at 24-48mg will help a lot with the withdrawals and restlessness/insomnia. Clonidine helps a good bit, too. And a sedating benzo really also helps to sleep at night, taken right before bed. Taking any of these for more than a few days in a row is a bad idea (except clonidine, it is not addictive or anything, it just calms your nervous system down and lowers your blood pressure and helps a lot with restlessness), but a few days is fine and helps it to be more manageable.

However just taking 48 hours o0ff will not substantially reduce your tolerance, except a little bit for the first day or 2 you start back. It is a good idea though. A better idea is to start skipping every other day, you will get much better highs and will be substantially less addicted physically. It will be challenging at first though.
I get withdrawals from clonidine, anxiety, hot sweats, inability to sleep, and difficulty urinating

Oh shit, never heard of that. After how long? I've been using it pretty liberally but not daily lately.

Oh shit, never heard of that. After how long? I've been using it pretty liberally but not daily lately.
Well the thing is the half life is very long, so even using every other day, it’s still always in you. I was on it for months, every day, maybe years, I’m honestly not sure exactly, I lost track of time.

Well the thing is the half life is very long, so even using every other day, it’s still always in you. I was on it for months, every day, maybe years, I’m honestly not sure exactly, I lost track of time.
It’s like you have too much Adrenalin in you for days

Huh interesting. I wonder why it gets prescribed 2-3x per day?

IMO, if there gonna prescribe such drugs, they should just go ahead Andy prescribe morphine Andy Xanax and adderall, not really much difference in terms of physical addiction ime, except that the addys and Valium actually help, albeit temporarily.
But ime, antidepressants also only help temporarily

So does zoloft and geodon, but those have the worst physical withdrawals of any drug ive done, and I’ve been hooked on Valium and poppy pods before. I suspect a conspiracy

I didn't mean because of withdrawal, I meant because if it lasts so long, that seems crazy to be told to take it multiple times a day. If you have high blood pressure, clonidine can be a life saving medication. It's generally what it's prescribed for. To be honest I this is the first I've heard of it having withdrawals.

I didn't mean because of withdrawal, I meant because if it lasts so long, that seems crazy to be told to take it multiple times a day. If you have high blood pressure, clonidine can be a life saving medication. It's generally what it's prescribed for. To be honest I this is the first I've heard of it having withdrawals.
I just looked it up, I thought it was like 50 hours, but it says 5-12 hours, so that’s why

Just to update everyone, after a rapid taper for a few days i can now get where i want to be on 6 grams again. This taper worked wonders, thanks for everyones replys and help :)

Hi.
I use kratom 10 years+
Magnesium-citrate (you can buy at pharmacies)
may will help your tolerance.
Eat some tabs between the sessions.
It is work for me.