• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom stopped CT, Backoflin and gabapentin alternating?

Lucky337

Greenlighter
I'm going threw brutal paws of kratom withdrawl and the gabapentin was helping at first for the first couple weeks. Now it seems like its doing nothing besides side affects. I tried a backoflin that I was prescribed a while back and it seems to help tremendously. Is it safe to give the gabapentin a break and just take the backoflin? I'm on a very low low dose of both. I can tolerate these drugs well at low doses. I know it's not safe to mix them both so I just took the backoflin today (10 mg) and I feel much better. I'm on day 36 of no kratom for the first time in three years . It just seems like a never ending dark tunnel that will last forever with this kratom non sesne . Will I experience gabapentin withdrawl if switch to the backoflin for now . I remember alternating them at first and it went well which gave me a tolerance a break from both . I've been threw hell before but nothing compares to this never ending cycle of paws from the kratom. Only relief I have gotten are from these gaba drugs and raw powder kava root. I've tried every supplement u can possibly try. One that does works for insomnia is pure valerain root. Any feed back I always appreciate

I'm on day 36 of no kratom
Wuuuut? :oops:
May I ask what the dosing regimen was those three years? weight/frequency?
Why were you on kratom and why stop?

I personally believe you should be fine alternating gabap and bac as they are similar in action, iirc (edit: i apparently did not rc, :eek: ) As you are on a low dose the transition shouln't be too notable, though I do not have a conversion rate for the two.

Peace

Last edited:
Wuuuut? :oops:
May I ask what the dosing regimen was those three years? weight/frequency?
Why were you on kratom and why stop?

I personally believe you should be fine alternating gabap and bac as they are similar in action, iirc. As you are on a low dose the transition shouln't be to noticable, though I do not have a conversion rate for the two.

Peace
My dose was about 3 to 4 grams five times a day. Some times less. I was on kratom because I was in a coma on life support and they had me on heavy duty pains meds until I survived. They still continued the pain meds as I got out of ICU . My wife didn't want me on the pain meds so she found out about krstom. Since the hospital which was two plus years ago I took kratom everyday and it worked wonders. I had to stop because one day it was doing the opposite to me. Making me manic,panic attacks, sweaty as heck and very restless etc . So I decided to not let my life go backwards and I needed to stop . HereI am dealing with the worse experience of my life and I'm not exaggerating or being a baby about it. This withdrawal is real as it gets!!

Wow, that is a long time of no kratom to still feel that way. Gabapentin and baclofen are both addictive and cause physical dependence. After that much time it's possible you became dependent on gabapentin and that is why you are still feeling withdrawals.

For comparison purposes, I was doing 50-70 grams of kratom a day for years, back in the day, and cold turkeyed a few times. The first 5-7 days were absolute hell, but then I felt pretty alright, I never got PAWS very much with kratom.

Fortunately gabapentin and baclofen do not have the same mechanism of action, so if you alternate it will be better for you than doing either every day.