• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kratom Stickey in OD and Other Thoughts

Slow_Mobius

Bluelight Crew
I think we should have a kratom FAQs sticky in OD. I see kratom questions all the time in the front page. I also don't believe the megathread is serving its purpose. Specific questions tend to get lost in other ongoing conversations since it seems to be constantly chugging along. The megathread should be a focused thread for people to find questions that have been asked and answered over again, but the best parts are diluted amongst the conversation. Not that conversation is bad :) And some posts are better suited for a new thread. I would have posted this in the how to improve OD sticky, but its primarily read by mods and I'm more interested in knowing what everyone in the community (including mods of course!) thinks about the idea.

I think we should make a thread to which members can contribute their knowledge on the subject. A mod and/or the community could organize the best bits into a FAQs page and post. I think it will provide a better resource for people new to kratom, and it will help organize OD. Znegative took this approach with the urinalysis questions. I just see a lot of the same stories regarding kratom being told/asked and answered (I was there to).

I'm also kind of curious about the crazy number of closed threads... I havent been posting much lately mainly because half the threads I browse are closed these days. There have been several times that I've had some good info to add to someones question, but it had been closed because a mod decided it had already received enough answers. I understand that the mod typically offers to reopen and I'm sure they would, but 90% of the time I'm on bluelight, it's because I just had some extra time to kill. I'm not going to bother with asking a mod to reopen a thread when I'm probably going to forget about it altogether by the next time I'm back on BL.

When I first joined it was pretty chill and the only threads that were closed were ones that were clearly not supporting harm reduction. Now it's anything that is remotely close to breaking the rules! I just think a common sense policy better applies to an HR forum. ie holistically judging each thread on its HR merit. Even if a question is technically breaking the rules, we can often pass a little HR knowledge to OP. I just don't want the rules to supercede the ultimate goal of OD and BL in general. Let's share HR knowledge and save a few soul's along the way.

Just some thoughts. Wondering about others' opinions.

Peace

^ He's aware of the megathread..
It's not a terrible idea, but we get just as many questions regarding suboxone, meth, tramadol, ect.ect.
Most answers can be found in the first few versions of the megathreads.. I'm not going to vote entirely against it though.

Well with the recent news about the dea's plans to schedule kratom, we've seen an influx of threads geared toward the topic. The OP's idea gains more validity due to the news. Although I think the sticky should only be temporary, once the news is old it might not be needed as much.

Well with the recent news about the dea's plans to schedule kratom, we've seen an influx of threads geared toward the topic. The OP's idea gains more validity due to the news. Although I think the sticky should only be temporary, once the news is old it might not be needed as much.

100% agree with this