• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom - smokable??

realname4sur3

Greenlighter
I am curious if anyone had tried vaping or smoking Kratom? I am getting ready to detox..again ?I have been in a horrible cycle of detox/relapse for the past 4 months (after 8+ years of IV/smoking heroin and meth) I really don't want to get clean but a 10 year suspended prison sentence is my incentive!! Anyway the last time I was detoxing my friend gave me a few Kratom capsules that I assumed wouldn't do much but to my surprise it allowed me to eat at least some toast on day 3. I know part of my "problem" is the actual act of smoking shit...it has become so familiar at this point. I am wondering if anyone has had any success with vaping Kratom to maybe try to replace it? Google is telling me that KandyPens is the vape option? This might be really dumb but what form do I use the Kratom in the vape?? It says to use dry herbs...is that the powder? Is using a oil vape with a Kratom tincture an option?
Any feedback is much much appreciated!
????

I apologise if this has been asked recently/frequently (nothing came up when I searched blue light)

I believe it is technically possible, but would require a large amount of the leaf (not powder). I once saw kratom extract e-liquid being sold in a headshop (would be surprised if it worked though).

This is not going to work with anything that isn't very concentrated extract and those are usually expensive or an RC opioid.

I've never tried it personally but with the amount of kratom required to get decent effects it would require you to smoke a lot of it.

This is not going to work with anything that isn't very concentrated extract and those are usually expensive or an RC opioid.

I've never tried it personally but with the amount of kratom required to get decent effects it would require you to smoke a lot of it.
Thank you for your input! Wondering...what is a RC opioid?

Thank you for your input! Wondering...what is a RC opioid?
Opioids are psychotropics targeting Mu opioid receptors. RC is a term meaning research chemical - novel synthetic compounds, many never before tested in humans, with opioids being by far the most dangerous.

RC stands for research chemical, it's basically a drug that has only recently been synthesized and doesn't have any history of use in humans. Most of them are popular on the grey and black market for their quasi legal status

A general rule is that pretty much anything is smokable/vapable provided the point of combustion and destruction of the active chemicals allows it. For instance, you can technically "smoke" Cocaine, but in the act of combustion, you will actually be destroying the majority of the drug, whereas Cocaine in the form of Crack allows for the drug to be ingested by that route.
'
You can definitely do some research regarding the nature of the active chemicals, at what point said chemicals combust etc. but I would advise against the entire thing. Forgive me for the easy pun, but I feel that you're pursuing a pipe dream, in which you feel that if you are able to ingest Kratom by this ROA, it will somehow revolutionize and supercharge the entire experience. My point is that I don't believe it is worth the effort.

A general rule is that pretty much anything is smokable/vapable provided the point of combustion and destruction of the active chemicals allows it. For instance, you can technically "smoke" Cocaine, but in the act of combustion, you will actually be destroying the majority of the drug, whereas Cocaine in the form of Crack allows for the drug to be ingested by that route.
'
You can definitely do some research regarding the nature of the active chemicals, at what point said chemicals combust etc. but I would advise against the entire thing. Forgive me for the easy pun, but I feel that you're pursuing a pipe dream, in which you feel that if you are able to ingest Kratom by this ROA, it will somehow revolutionize and supercharge the entire experience. My point is that I don't believe it is worth the effort.
You are absolutely right! After posting this I was thinking about my "pipe dream" and the hundreds of hours of bargaining, reasoning and just plain fighting with myself is absurd! Yes, it would be wonderful to find a legal, smokable and obtainable heroin substitute but realistic - absolutely not ???
I honestly don't know how to keep myself clean and sober. You would think that the threat of 10 years in prison, not seeing my daughter again until she is an adult ect would be enough of a motivation but for some reason unfortunately it is not.
Thank you all for your help and feedback!

^Of course. We are here for you dude. Even if it's just emotional support that you require. Several years ago, I got busted with a dirty needle (yea, they sent it to the lab to test it. Motherfuckers) in New Hampshire which led to a 28 day stay in the famed Valley Street Jail. I withdrew from a 2g intravenous habit with nothing at all. The beds were metal slabs. I was expelling liquid from both ends and my celly was a White Power Skinhead (I'm Jewish). Meanwhile, as I am going through hell, my celly was threatening to "smash my face" if I didn't stop stinking up the cell with my diarrhea.

It was terrible. The day I was released, I was totally clean and fresh. The judge said, one year of good behavior, my record gets wiped. No harm, no foul and I could still teach. That first day, I walked out of court and straight to my dealer's house. I had a needle in my arm 30 minutes after the ultimatum was given. The most hellish experience of my life. It didn't matter. You're not the only one. It's no excuse of course, but it's difficult. If you ever need support, we're here to help ya.