• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom KRATOM - Slowly coming off it. What should i look out for or do to make it easier?

Dannybou84

Greenlighter
I used Kratom since June 2020 to come off of opium. I took some small breaks with it but nothing longer than a cpl days. I have just under 500 grams and am slowly lowering my doses. Any advice on how to make it a bit easier?
Thanks

I used Kratom since June 2020 to come off of opium. I took some small breaks with it but nothing longer than a cpl days. I have just under 500 grams and am slowly lowering my doses. Any advice on how to make it a bit easier?
Thanks

How much and how often do you dose daily?

In any case I found doing a taper with kratom to be very easy and effective, unlike most other drugs. Take about .25g-.5g off your daily dose and you won't even notice it.

I had the reverse experience where i found it easier to just outright quit than taper. That said i never exceeded 30g a day.

Black seed oil helps. It would absolutely help if you were trying to taper.

Thanks
Kava can sometimes help to ease withdrawal suffering, in the mid to longer term also by acting on Gaga but generally and still very unknown, like most things kava, unlike Kratom which I believe can have some lasting alterations and imbalances on brain neurochemistry and neurotransmitter activity, Kava can be very balancing and healing for that.

It’s also non addictive physically entirely. No withdrawals. However some people experience reverse tolerance with kava, it can take 1 to 3 weeks at most to overcome before bingo, kava’s full effects are suddenly apparent.

I drank 50 grams kava today. Then 10 grams instant kava, at least twice potency per gram. So like 65 grams. I’ve had double vision, head spinning, ver pleasantly for hours, except I wasn’t ready to be in such a finished condition.

I did also plug 600 ug LSD about 8 hours ago now. That itself hit me like no oral 600 ug I’ve taken before. It kept rising in waves, sweeping me away into a bliss.

But the kava gets me into such an inebriated state regularly no LSD at all, quality and dosage allowing, reverse tolerance overcome. I didn’t have any reverse tolerances myself, worked day one, but many people do, try it a few times and think...pah, and give up.

When it inebriates me, gets me as high, as anything.

I had the reverse experience where i found it easier to just outright quit than taper. That said i never exceeded 30g a day.

Black seed oil helps. It would absolutely help if you were trying to taper.
That’s wicked you use the Black Seed Oil. My mum does and swears by it. It’s legendary, the ancient Hippocrates advised to treasure it as a medicine and keep it close to your cabinet.

Now, Ironically although it has many particular uses one of them is to modulate the immune system and it has been touted as being especially helpful for allergy sufferers so I tried it myself of course many years ago and typically was extremely allergic to it LOL!

Even the smell from the bottle. But it’s good stuff medicinally, just not for me.

Thanks
Practically- taper. With discipline, patience and realism. Gradually.

Get down to say, 10 or 8 grams daily stable, then reduce by half or one gram per week, until 0.5 grams per day. Then day off here, there, more frequent, eventually...Voila!

To make it as smooth as possible I mean. I intend to apply the same strategy, dosage wise (except mg’s instead of grams) when inevitably I can and must commit to tapering and ceasing my own heavy Etizolam habit.

How much and how often do you dose daily?

In any case I found doing a taper with kratom to be very easy and effective, unlike most other drugs. Take about .25g-.5g off your daily dose and you won't even notice it.
I was using 100 grams a day but down to about 50 grams a day now. Thanks for the advice I will try that and just keep tapering off slowly.

That’s wicked you use the Black Seed Oil. My mum does and swears by it. It’s legendary, the ancient Hippocrates advised to treasure it as a medicine and keep it close to your cabinet.

Now, Ironically although it has many particular uses one of them is to modulate the immune system and it has been touted as being especially helpful for allergy sufferers so I tried it myself of course many years ago and typically was extremely allergic to it LOL!

Even the smell from the bottle. But it’s good stuff medicinally, just not for me.
Black see oil eh? I will check it out. Thanks pal

Practically- taper. With discipline, patience and realism. Gradually.

Get down to say, 10 or 8 grams daily stable, then reduce by half or one gram per week, until 0.5 grams per day. Then day off here, there, more frequent, eventually...Voila!

To make it as smooth as possible I mean. I intend to apply the same strategy, dosage wise (except mg’s instead of grams) when inevitably I can and must commit to tapering and ceasing my own heavy Etizolam habit.
Okay i will keep tapering off. Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

Kava can sometimes help to ease withdrawal suffering, in the mid to longer term also by acting on Gaga but generally and still very unknown, like most things kava, unlike Kratom which I believe can have some lasting alterations and imbalances on brain neurochemistry and neurotransmitter activity, Kava can be very balancing and healing for that.

It’s also non addictive physically entirely. No withdrawals. However some people experience reverse tolerance with kava, it can take 1 to 3 weeks at most to overcome before bingo, kava’s full effects are suddenly apparent.

I drank 50 grams kava today. Then 10 grams instant kava, at least twice potency per gram. So like 65 grams. I’ve had double vision, head spinning, ver pleasantly for hours, except I wasn’t ready to be in such a finished condition.

I did also plug 600 ug LSD about 8 hours ago now. That itself hit me like no oral 600 ug I’ve taken before. It kept rising in waves, sweeping me away into a bliss.

But the kava gets me into such an inebriated state regularly no LSD at all, quality and dosage allowing, reverse tolerance overcome. I didn’t have any reverse tolerances myself, worked day one, but many people do, try it a few times and think...pah, and give up.

When it inebriates me, gets me as high, as anything.
Okay so far Kava and Black seed oil recommended. Thanks for the advice I will check it out. Hopefully i can get it while I am in Australia. I am sure its easy to get in Canada. Kratom is illegal here. Legal in Canada. So yeah i gotta taper off while i am here for a few months.

Okay i will keep tapering off. Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.
I only say, Because I’ve given this some logical thought over time and I really think that with discipline and realism like I say not overstretching like this even if you just reduced by half a gram Weekly once you have stabilised at the 8 to 10 gram range, The fact is you can definitely get off of the Kratom you just need a sensible viable plan and trust in that, AND STICK TO IT.

See it through. I’m just thinking of the least painful and disruptive way of practically going about it is still a relatively timely manner.

I also would advocate what I suggested about when you have finally reached 0.5 grams daily, take a whole day off, if necessary, every other day for. A week or two for a more protracted withdrawal or if you feel like it two days off in a row after the initial day off between half gram doses, Until you can take several days off in a row without really feeling bothered or uncomfortable that would be my theoretical advice.

I took Kratom, September 2019. I loved it. 4 weeks daily use. But I was especially allergic to it digestively, It would honestly have killed me to continue for another few days so I had to stop cold turkey and I did in fact experience some vicious withdrawal symptoms for about 4 to 5 days, While I tried to rehabilitate my digestive system enough to get some basic energy just to climb out of the ditch all landed myself in with the Ill-advised Kratom use.

I then tried Kanna extract. I liked it a lot. It shares some things with Kratom, the longevity of effects and peak, plus kanna is more stimulatory, but more in a mental sense.

Kanna too, by reputation, synergies very well with cannabis. And LSD (I tried).

But I was allergic to the Kanna extract too.

Then....I gave kava a shot finally. Has been one of my daily DOC’s since. It works as an incredible antidepressant, mood lifter, general pain number, great social high like alcohol but clear headed and wittful , never aggressive or low vibrational.

Keep us posted please @Dannybou84 so many people, members and browsers, face your exact scenario But just don’t know what to do about it.

If you can manage to have any sort of success then sharing that with us here could potentially help if only one other person it would be so worthwhile.

Welcome to the forum mate and truly the best of luck with your goals here it’s a fact that they can be achieved with determination and commitment just keep that in mind always.

Just vaping some super strong Sativa weed cured from 2019 Fall, gradually coming back to myself from that acid earlier.

Last edited:
Okay so far Kava and Black seed oil recommended. Thanks for the advice I will check it out. Hopefully i can get it while I am in Australia. I am sure its easy to get in Canada. Kratom is illegal here. Legal in Canada. So yeah i gotta taper off while i am here for a few months.
If you have difficulty getting kava shipped to AUS let me know I’ll ask on Kavaforums where Im a member what the situation is, options etc.

Black Seed Oil is great, as has been recommended. I've heard that Agmatine helps during a taper (and its very cheap). As far as I know it helps lower tolerance, so your getting more out of you're doses than you would be without, which is very helpful when tapering.

If it's possible for you to see a doctor, Clonidine is fantastic for helping RLS symptoms. Gabapentin or Lyrica are also both supposed to be really helpful for easing physical discomfort

Avoid alcohol. I've never drank in Kratom WD but I hear it can make WD symptoms worse