• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

kratom seizure

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
On probably 7g of kratom I almost had a seizure on the comedown. I was seeing fractals om everything, my blood pressure and heart rate became rapid, and I couldn't stop shaking. I took a melatonin with chamomile supplement and ate food to stop it in it's track but I feel this could of had easily taken a Nasty turn. Why did this happen?

The heart rate and blood pressure + shaking thing may have been an a2 adrenergic thing, and the fractals from involvement of 5HT2a receptors of mitragynine in the kratom.

Were you taking anything else ... drugs / medication.. when this happened?

Kratom is not a psychedelic even if 5HT2a is involved so PD >> OD.

The heart rate and blood pressure + shaking thing may have been an a2 adrenergic thing, and the fractals from involvement of 5HT2a receptors of mitragynine in the kratom.

Were you taking anything else ... drugs / medication.. when this happened?

Kratom is not a psychedelic even if 5HT2a is involved so PD >> OD.

Nope. Is it possible that I could of hypersensitized or changed the chemistry of those receptors with a psychedelic overdose? Everything with even negligeble 5ht action sends me into a frenzy now

I had it too multiple times and doubt you were anything close to a seizure.

You just took too much, take 5 grams or less next time.

I'm pretty sure that I've heard some vendors or brand kratom or something contained O-desmethyltramadol mixed in with it, IDK if the M1 metabolite can cause seizures like regular tramadol but just a guess

Zneg that was the UEI or "ultra enhanced" blends. It's very unlikely that it is still laced with O-DT as it is scheduled now.

ahh, alright, just guessing, TBH I don't know much about Kratom (other than it can be a real life saver, unless it gives you seizures I guess), or M1, I just remembered hearing about that.