• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom: [redacted] "mother of all kratom" 'Gold'

truenamebrand

Bluelighter
I'm not sure exactly how to word this post since naming brands is prohibited; hopefully my title is acceptable. Anyhow, there is a certain brand which occurs in head shops and is known to be quite strong (and IME it indeed is). This brand uses a play on the mitragyna speciosa name. I'm sure many of you know what I speak of. The point of this post is to see if anyone has any experience or knowledge of the 'gold' version of this kratom, AND whether there is reason to believe this product is laced with actual opioids. I have read others describe its effects as "indistinguishable from oxycodone." Well, I finally tracked down a way to order non-wholesale and just took both capsules that came in the package. I will update as I go along here, but more so I am wondering what, if anything, people know about this product and the potential for it being laced with other substances.

If that were indeed the case, all it would take is one test and it would be game over for kratom :(

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Chances are it's cut/adulterated with some other opioid if it's that strong. There have been reports of e.gf. O-desmethyltramadol and I expect eventually we'll see U-44700 too...

I can confirm this was as close to a true opioid high as any kratom strain or amount has ever given me. A solid 2-3 hours of pure euphoria with a speedy feel to it; without any anxiety of course. I ordered more, naturally...

I guess not many people have experience with this product.

If you're taking capsules of kratom and getting a "strong opioid high indistinguishable from oxycodone", it's further evidence to me that your kratom is highly likely to be adulterated with a synthetic opioid of some sort.

Kratom is, at best, as strong as hydrocodone maybe, but it's certainly longer lasting than ~2 hours too. It's also common to need 8-15 grams to get high. It doesn't really add up, the capsules giving such a strong effect.

If you're taking capsules of kratom and getting a "strong opioid high indistinguishable from oxycodone", it's further evidence to me that your kratom is highly likely to be adulterated with a synthetic opioid of some sort.

Kratom is, at best, as strong as hydrocodone maybe, but it's certainly longer lasting than ~2 hours too. It's also common to need 8-15 grams to get high. It doesn't really add up, the capsules giving such a strong effect.

Ok, the only hangup I have with the theory of it being laced with an actual opioid is, wouldn't this have been discovered by now? This is not a new product by any means.

These capsules are .5 grams each, so yes, it is pretty unbelievable they could be so strong. That being said, I have certainly gotten great effects from kratom at doses lower than 8-15 grams. In fact, I have taken 15 grams at once maybe two times EVER. It can be it or miss, but even as a daily user, 7-9 grams is usually a pretty effective amount for me.

The duration of its effects was indeed shorter than normal, but this is also something I have found a lot of variation in with kratom. Sometimes the effects will last close to 6 hours for me, other times by two hours they're basically gone. There really is no way of telling sometimes.

If this particular product is not laced, what is the process by which they are making 500-1000 milligrams so potent?

Thank you for the replies, btw.

It's either got an insane amount of active alkaloids, and at the dose u described, 500-1000 mgs, it would seem what u have is 800% stronger then "average" kratom. I'd think this strain would be extremely popular if this were true...I agree with Sekio, it's probably similar to the stuff that was laced with O-Desmethyl Tramadol, though it's probably not that, more likely to be one of the new ones like U-47700 or who knows maybe it's been sprayed with a solution containing a fentanyl analogue.

It's almost certainly laced. People have discovered o-dsmt in products, and the FDA doesn't next to nothing to monitor supplements like kratom.

It's possible that someone has synthed a recreationally worthwhile version of mitragynine. Although it's more likely that there is another opioid entirely in your product.