• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Questions

Pumper18

Greenlighter
Hello everyone!

I had been doing a lot of research into kratom because I had initially read that it can be similar to a low-grade hydro high at it's best, and since I had not had access to any opiates, I decided to give it a try. So I know there's no sourcing, but I ordered an ounce "Premium commercial grade Bali kratom powder" (if you google it, it would be the first one to come up), since all the research that I did led me to believe that Bali kratom was the most sedating out of all the strains, and is the most classically "opiate like" (I know that kratom will never have me nodding like 40mg oxy :D). But anyways, I started off with 7g, which was a pretty good starting dose according to my research, and I felt nothing, and I continued to take more and more using the toss and wash method, and at the end of all of it, I had taken around 20 grams. According to my roommate and friends who knew I was doing it, I looked like "a crack head" or "like I just smoked meth". All I got out of the Bali was an uncomfortable amount of stimulation, along with itchiness and very mild nausea. Does anyone have any idea why I got no sedation or euphoria from this? Did I do something wrong? Or was it just shitty stuff? Does anyone recommend any other strains that I should try? And had anyone ever had a similar issue? I apologize for the poor quality of the post, as this is my first post :D.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention, I take 27mg Methylphenidate ER daily AKA Concerta (For ADD). Could this be a factor as well?

I think kratom is like any other opiod. Don't expect the most out of it your first try. I take meang da and have some very very good highs off of it. Very close to a moderate dose of oxy.