• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom questions

Can you get it at head shops?if not ,where?i would like to try some again,but i cant find it.can you help?

Look for it online. Because of the recent issues with the DEA, most in-person shops got rid of their supply rather quickly.

Awesome to see this working out for you Alicia!

I personally just started Kratom this week, and so far I've had good results. I have been taking opioids for the past 3 years, some of them prescribed and most of them bought off friends. I had a cervical spine fusion done back in 2013, and have been fighting ever since with doctors to receive adequate pain control. This has lead me to buying any kind of pain medication I can off friends, which is expensive and unreliable most times. I'm tired of the fight after 3years, and tired of having such a high tolerance that it takes so much to get any relief (40-60mg every 4-6 hours). And damn tired of the WD!!

I am using OPMS silver Maeng DA in the capsules, about 6-8mg every 4-6 hours. It's definitely helped my pain and WD symptoms! Though I think it would be better for me to go to the powder bulk instead of the capsules for $ reasons, though capsules would be better for work!

Are you still getting the opms brand though your vendor Alicia?

Yep, kratom is great for opiate withdrawal and mild-to-moderate pain. It's also safer than true opioids because it doesn't stimulate beta-arrestin, a protein that causes respiratory depression in opiate users.

The downside is that it can cause withdrawals and physical dependence with frequent/continued use. For me the withdrawals are on par with dihydrocodeine, low doses of oxycodone or codeine. But the "cravings" are almost non-existent compared to those of actual opiates like heroin. Quality varies from batch to batch and vendor to vendor, and strain names/colors don't always mean what they're claimed to. Oh, and there's still a chance kratom could be scheduled or banned outright should the DEA decide to do so at the end of the comment period (December 2016).

^That's my general kratom statement for the newbs who might be reading. Carry on. =D

Is it still going to get banned? I thought that this was no longer the case. If it is I better go stock up!

I was able to quit heroin with zero withdrawals and nearly zero cravings, but then I got hooked on kratom, and eventually went back to heroin.

The weird thing is Kratom does not feel the same for me anymore. I think it is because I was dosing kratom multiple times a day every day for like five months.

Now it makes me feel kinda nauseous and gives me weird dizzy spells in my brain.

It still alleviates my heroin withdrawals slightly though. So I would absolutely still want to have some on hand when I quit.

Something new I discovered is one small dose of kratom completely cured me of a pretty hardcore meth comedown.

Kratom is a unique substance. I think depending on your individual brain chemistry the withdrawals can be either hellish or a walk in the park. For me they were very strange and uncomfortable. Very mentally difficult.

Is it still going to get banned? I thought that this was no longer the case. If it is I better go stock up!

I was able to quit heroin with zero withdrawals and nearly zero cravings, but then I got hooked on kratom, and eventually went back to heroin.

The weird thing is Kratom does not feel the same for me anymore. I think it is because I was dosing kratom multiple times a day every day for like five months.

Now it makes me feel kinda nauseous and gives me weird dizzy spells in my brain.

It still alleviates my heroin withdrawals slightly though. So I would absolutely still want to have some on hand when I quit.

Something new I discovered is one small dose of kratom completely cured me of a pretty hardcore meth comedown.

Kratom is a unique substance. I think depending on your individual brain chemistry the withdrawals can be either hellish or a walk in the park. For me they were very strange and uncomfortable. Very mentally difficult.
The DEA is still taking public comments until Dec 1 then we will find out what the future holds for kratom. Even if it stays legal I need to get my usage under control, 10-20 grams a day is a bit much even for me.

Still clean and I don't take Kratom every day now. It really helped for real! I still take it for the PAWS days along with weed helps my depression big time. Thanks everyone for all the info it's been a life saver.

In the State of New Jersey kratom products are forbidden by state law....like a CI drug but with a much lighter criminal penalty. Kratom is ok to mail into NJ, you do not however want to be found possessing it.
&&