• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom questions

Alicia420

Bluelighter
Kratom questions (Revised after use!)

Hello. Some of you may or may not have seen me post before. I gave a really good write up on how to combat opiate WD with tramadol. I recently found a great Kratom vendor about 10mi from me. I have never used it before. My friend is the one who told me about the vendor that sells good quality Kratom. She's not an opiate addict. In fact she's the one I occasionally get my Vicodin from once a month. Anyway she bought some just to try it out and really raved about its pain killing effects and also that it gives her that speed buzz that is associated with what we all love in Vicodin. She drank hers as suggested by the vendor. It can also be put into capsules which is likely the way I will use it since I'm a five year Vicodin/Percocet addict. I don't really care about the buzz but that would be nice.
My question is that since it works on your opioid receptors like Tramadol does will it also help with WD? That would be my main reason for buying it. I have daily access to opiates but I am just sick and tired of spending the money and Kratom is very very cheap. I don't expect the exact intense buzz that V gives you but if Kratom is something that can largely reduce WD then I feel like it's something I need to invest in. Would appreciate any and all feedback on the matter. Thanks!

Edit: I wanted to thank everyone for their input. My friend and I split a bag of 15g yesterday. I didn't take any until this morning because like the last person to respond in this thread said I wanted to take it while WD'ing and really see what it's all about. This would be day one for me and two and three are the worst but I woke up this morning feeling pretty crappy really. No energy, stomach cramps, diarrhea, and depressed. I stirred two grams of Kratom in with my coffee. Keep in mind Kratom isn't water soluable but it's easier to drink in a hot drink. I am in college and am an older adult who has moved in with their mom to go to college so I cannot brew this stuff in her coffee maker lol. Anyway it was like chugging down tea flavored sand. But it was well worth it. BTW if anyone has any advice how to take this stuff that would be great. The vendor sells it in capsules but that's an 8g bag and if bought in powder form you get 15g for the same price and I want to stick with something I know works. I think an opiate addict like myself will take 3-4g at a time and not the 2g which the vendor told me was a start point. I can tell you I was really skeptical until 45min later when it kicked in. You know that annoying little opiate WD runny nose? GONE. That "I don't have any pills" feeling? GONE. I have energy, my mood is great, I have no WD symptoms except diarrhea but even with tramadol usage to combat opiate WD you can't get rid of the diarrhea because your body has to expel the opiates somehow. But I'll take diarrhea any day! Bring it on! Lol
I am not even thinking about Vicodin. I don't want it. I have a body buzz similar to Vicodin but not as intense. But really that intense Vicodin buzz went out the window several years ago and for many years I've just been taking it for the energy and to feel normal. Well Kratom is providing that for me right now. It's only my first dose so there isn't much to go on. I will continue to post daily as I get into heavier WD over the next few days and report how I'm doing. But so far Kratom seems to be the miracle I have been looking for and for $10 for a 15g bag that will last me 2-3 days? When I have a $2,500/mo Vicodin addiction. That's chump change. As a matter of fact my friend and I are headed back up to the vendor soon to stock up!
Oh, and I also wanted to leave a picture of what I'm using because I know the biggest issue with Kratom is the legitimacy of it. This stuff is legit.
2uhOGnz.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, kratom is quickly becoming one of the number one withdrawal tools for opiate withdrawal. it does an astounding job at alleviating many of the opiate withdrawal symptoms.

I personally enjoy kratom even though i have never been addicted to opiates/opioids. Sadly, i am now addicted to kratom, but it doesnt really affect my life in any negative way, so i have no problem with it yet. Kratom is addictive, despite what some people will tell you, but the withdrawal is a lesser version of hydrocodone withdrawal, and more mental than physical (in my experience). Its a great plant, but hopefully it does not get banned soon.

Thanks for the response a friend of mine and I are going later to get some. I'll check back in the thread in a few days and let everyone know what I think. Fortunately in Illinois they tried to ban it but it didn't pass.

I just took the last of the Vicodin I have. I'm gonna assume that I shouldn't take any Kratom on top of it so maybe wait until tomorrow? I have a very high opiate tolerance but not sure about the combination.

Some people report that kratom enhances the effects of other opioids, while others claim is does the exact opposite.
It wouldn't hurt to find out what works for you

I used with high effectivity kratom for a tough withdrawal of Suboxone almost 5 months ago, after 4 years taking opiates to manage my chronic pain. Today I use kratom almost everyday to manage my pain w/o need taking any opiate, and my life quality improved a lot. So without doubt yes, kratom could help you so much, in my opinion it's better if you wait till tomorrow to start the withdrawal with kratom without any opiate in blood, and too to see the effects of kratom by itself.

Back from our local vendor where we purchased 4 bags of this OPMS Silver Kratom powder. I've done so much research on Kratom over the last several months as I've been trying to kick my nasty Vicodin habit. I took 2g very early this AM and after coming back with more I dosed 2 more grams. That will probably be all for the day and will dose 3g tomorrow morning before work. That's when I'll really know how well this stuff works to combat opiate WD's.
I am not high. Not high like opiate high. What I am is calm, euphoric, and in a very good mood. This is not a placebo. Opiate addicts, especially those in WD are not going to fall for placebos. I feel normal, I have energy that I wouldn't have without the Kratom. I am happy, without Kratom I would be depressed right now and probably up buying $300 worth of 10/325mg of Vicodin. I have absolutely no desire to do so. If anything I am thinking about how some my dealers who have gotten through life financially off of me are going to deal with this hit to their pocket book. I haven't told many people about the Kratom vendor I found. Who I have told are two close friends who like myself are Vicodin addicts. They are both excited and reporting the same experiences. As I said earlier it is much to early for me to give an exact analysis of Kratom but so far so good. I am experiencing zero opiate WD symptoms and a mood enhancement like no other.
I will post again tomorrow when shit gets real with my opiate WD.

Im glad that the kratom worked for you, but i would like to mention that it would be a much better fiscal decision to buy your kratom online. I cant give any sources due to the rules of this page, but it is much cheaper online, and you can buy in bigger quantities.

Already put an order in! Found a few legit sites unfortunately I can't name either but I joined a really well informed Facebook group and they had a list of vetted vendors. Thanks again! Haven't taken any in about 5hrs and still very few if any noticeable opiate WD symptoms. Can't wait until morning to try it out on my worst day!

Day 2.5 lol. I say that because I wake up at 5am for work every morning and that's usually when I pop 30-40mg of Vic.
Anyway I woke up to my 5am alarm feeling really bad. Back of my hair was drenched in sweat, stomach had a knot right in the middle of it and my legs were cramping like hell. I immediately went for a cup of coffee and dropped 3g of Kratom. About 45min later I feel great. Runny nose gone. Somtach feels great, legs feel good. In a great mood and my energy levels are high. This just seems too good to be true.

I would advise getting a large amount of it, so that you can taper off before it (possibly) gets banned in the first week of december

Alicia I can imagine your liver is jumping for joy not having to filter all that tylenol daily. Dang girl, that was alot of vicoden/acet.

I just ordered a kilo from a vetted vendor and it's going to be here tomorrow. Anyway yes, my liver is most definitely thanking me although I was just checked last month and fortunately my liver is fine but I consider myself lucky. Anyway, still clean and feeling awesome. Haven't been clean this long in years.

My white and green Maeng Da will be in tomorrow super stoked! I'm still off opiates and to be honest not even thinking about them which is a first. I'm just amazed. Can't wait to try this stuff out tomorrow I heard it'll blow my socks off lol

The OPMS Maeng Da is some of the best stuff out there, including all bulk and head shop varieties. I typically stick to bulk white maeng da. When I first started using Kratom, only the Thai and Bali strains had an opiate-like effect. But now it seems like the maeng da is leading the pack.

Well it came today! It's amazing! I whited out the label so not to give the vendor name since it's not allowed but anyone wants to know PM me. Pound of white Maeng Da, oz of green Maeng Da, and they threw in 2 free samples of green Bali and super green maylay! And still opiate free with zero disire!
mgaxHGR.jpg

Im really happy for you! I recently took the time to write out my story on the petition, so i hope everyone else does that same.