• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom question

JeffTreeBurner

Bluelighter
I weigh 200 pounds, how much super green malay should i start with? First time kratom user. I can't find a straight anwser online. thanks in advance!

It would help a lot if you could tell us a bit about your experience so far with opiods. What do you/have you taken. What is your tolerance? How long have you been taking opiods and when was the last time you took some?

Just hydrocodone and oxycodone, and its been two years or more. so i really have no tolerance

Experiences with kratom can vary wildly, especially the first few times you use it. I found for myself and plenty of people I know that it wasn't til the 3rd or 4th time that it actually did what it was supposed to do. This is strange and I have no explanation for it, but it seems to happen.

Also, strength can vary from strain to strain, batch to batch, vendor to vendor, brand to brand. It can be very hit or miss.

That said, if it's decent stuff, 6-8 grams should be enough to do the job pretty effectively with no tolerance. Maybe a little less even. Start with that, and if it doesn't do the trick, maybe go up a little higher to 10 grams or so, until you find what works best for you.

As long as we are just talking about regular leaf powder I would start at 2 grams.

Yea I agree : Start with like 2 grams at first. You can try more the next time if needed.

Dosing too high can be unpleasant. Truenamebrand said start with 6-8 grams. You might need this much (some people do) but best to try like 2-3 grams the first time then take more the next time if needed. For some people, 6-8 grams can be too much.

I also agree with what truenamebrand said about some people's first time using Kratom:

Experiences with kratom can vary wildly, especially the first few times you use it. I found for myself and plenty of people I know that it wasn't til the 3rd or 4th time that it actually did what it was supposed to do. This is strange and I have no explanation for it, but it seems to happen

I didn't get much out of Kratom the first few times. Don't know why... Just didn't seem to work. Then around the third time I finally felt it. Was the same batch and roughly the same dose each time too.

I would start with less than 2 grams. Super green Malay is probably an enhanced leaf product of some kind

Thanks for all the info! And it is a enhanced strain, i figure if I'm goin to do i, swing for the fences lol. and it is leaf powder, I've heard extracts skyrocket you're tolerance so I'm sticking to leaf powders. and also can i mix strains???

I think there is some confusion here...

Super Green Malay is USUALLY just another strain name. Some say it's a kick-ass strain but we all know this can vary wildly on vendor/batch/luck.

So its not an 'enhanced' product per se... Meaning it isn't any sort of extract or concentrated product. It's just regular old powderized Kratom with a cool strain name/spiffy description.

Read the vendors description carefully just in case but it sounds like your getting regular Kratom powder. If so then 2 grams is an ideal dose to start with.

And yes, absolutely you can mix strains.

BTW some people swear by certain strains others say that can't tell much difference. I've tried all sorts of different strains from all sorts of various vendors... Generally it all seems to feel pretty much the same to me.

Alright i will definitely read the description on the web site. Ill start with two grams and see where that takes me. and also if two grams isn't enough is redosing effective with kratom, or should i wait till the next day to try more?

Some say redosing is a complete waste. In my experience if I take some at 6am then dose again at 8am there is definitely a benefit but if I dosed again at noon I have found no benefit what so ever.

Ok so redose in the first hour or so then. thanks to everyone who replied! Can anyone recommend another strain? Because I'm ordering two different kinds in case the super green malay doesn't work. I'm looking for euphoric effects

The only strain I have had consistent luck with is meang da and I buy it by the kilo from the same vendor every time. I go through withdrawals a lot from oxy (120mg a day) and even on day one I can feel the effects of my kratom. I am taking heavy doses though 10-15 grams.

That sucks I'm sorry! Been through opiate w/d once and will never do it again! It was terrible. does the maeng da give alot of energy? I'm trying to stay away from that cuz i have terrible anxiety

Meang da definitely will give energy. Do not do high doses of any strain if you have anxiety.

If your looking for euphoric effects with the least amount of energy then I think conventional strain logic says you should try a red strain like Bali.

Ok I'm definitely staying away from maeng da then lol. and that's what i was thinking of getting actually, that's weird. ok thanks guys

MDPV psychosis you are right, it is just deep jungle kratom, not enhanced in any way. thank you for the correction! I ordered 100 grams to start with yesterday. thanks again for all the help everyone

Some say redosing is a complete waste. In my experience if I take some at 6am then dose again at 8am there is definitely a benefit but if I dosed again at noon I have found no benefit what so ever.

If you space the doses out 7-8 hours the effect is almost as good as the first dose of the day. I usually end up dosing again in the 5-6 hour range and still get pretty good returns. IME, as long as the effect is totally worn off, it's not a waste at all. Re-dosing before it's totally worn off, however, produces nothing at best -- negative side effects at worst.