• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Kratom prolong oxy withdrawal

wwbiker832

Bluelighter
I went on a 3 month binge and at ems if binge I was to 120mg dailey. I've done this many times before unfortunately and for me with withdrawal peaks at 48 hour mark and slowly tapers off leaving me fine within 4 to 5 days. Mild withdrawals throughout whole process. This time I decided to try kratom. I would dose twice a day morning and nite 3mg ground leaf powder. Felt very minor relief. By doing this did I prolong the withdrawal process? I'm at 48 hour mark currently so only used 4 times. Wondering if I should stop and if I prolonged the process. Luckily it's usually short for me and I dont want to prolong it. Also been using lyrica. Thanks

Please note the kratom on mildly helped, it did not eliminate withdrawals

That is why I always say that kratom is just another tool in the kit if one is going to kick opiates. I know a lot of people that could not use it but were hard core heroin and methadone addicts. It just was not strong enough for them. They thought it was a replacement. But if it is used with a bunch of other tools as well as some strong motivation a person can step out of an addiction and taper off kratom. I always felt when I stopped kratom without having started it by kicking an opiate the withdrawal is not that strong. But when I used it to come off of opiates it seems to keep those receptors that the strong addiction created filled, even though they are not as strong as say something like morphine. At least the dangerous part. I feel using kratom to come off of an addiction will keep a lot of that withdrawal in waiting until the kratom stops. (Just my opinion, lots to learn)

There for sure is a ceiling, and I knew a few people I wished thought kratom was strong enough, one of them might be alive today. So I have a lot of respect for people that utilize it to come off of an addiction. Because it shows a person is taking the bull by the horns and not just substituting.

I used kratom to kick a monster oxy habit. Well that and ganja anyway. I waited till i almost felt sick, used kratom tea, got a ton of relief. If i just took it on a schedule to keep on feeling good it didnt work as well. But seriously though it stopped projectile vomiting and pissing from every orifice. I think its different for every person. I was looking for pain relief and withdrawal relief for which kratom worked. It doesnt get me high. Granted i dont think i take enough to do that. 2 to 3 grams twice daily.

Well I continued to use it and I'm at the end if my withdrawal. Feeling about 90%. Just some lingering insomnia. I don't thing the kratom prolonged it but it did provide minor relief

how damn lucky you should consider yourself, i get into the acute withdrawal phase after a mere 8-10 hours and by 12 i'm progressively getting worse :/

how damn lucky you should consider yourself, i get into the acute withdrawal phase after a mere 8-10 hours and by 12 i'm progressively getting worse :/
It's actually really weird, I've gone threw withdrawal many times and it seems each time I do it I speak hard within 48 hours then by 72hours they are dropping off quick and gone by 96 hours except some minor insomnia. It didnt always be this way. It used to last 6-10 days but something has changed over time and they dont last as long as they used to.

what doses are you typically using? i'm surprised your wd period is so short, are there any residual effects that last afterwards like irritability etc?

when i withdrawald at 300mg/day morphine it was extreme for the first week, and the second was almost as bad but just alittle better and i quite literally drank over a litre of hard liquor every single one of those days and it didn't do all that much to help really aside from keeping me from putting my head into the microwave now i'm on a higher dose and i can only imagine what i'd go through . fuck.

You can try to use a weaker Opioid like Mitragynine (Kratom) to mitigate withdrawal, but I would recommend using the lowest dose possible, as to not unnecessarily prolong the withdrawal phase.

Last edited:
what doses are you typically using? i'm surprised your wd period is so short, are there any residual effects that last afterwards like irritability etc?
I usually will mave very mild insomnia for 7days tops total. Other then that no. My usual course is I will binge for 2-3 months and after my binge I'm up to 120-180mg a day. This has been my cycle for about 6 years now. 3months on, then 1 month off. Every time I go through withdrawal it hits harder faster then tapers off faster with very minor residual effects if any at all. It's almost like I've gone cold Turkey so many times my body knows what to do. I cant explain it because back in the day it would kill me for like 2 weeks straight. I think this is why I keep going back everytime, i say to my self well shit that was only bad for a short time I can do that again.

Kratom used wisely can help out a ton.
By wise I mean a proper taper schedule. Start with a fairly hefty dose to begin with (8-12grams should do the trick but you might need more)
Then reduce by one gram every other day.
Good luck, and be careful! I got addicted to kratom kicking my H habit, but id say a kratom habit is a lot safer than a heroin habit

Kratom used wisely can help out a ton.

I am trying to point a friend with opiate issues to this thread. It is a great tool. But he is one of the people I mentioned that does not think it is strong enough. I told him to add motivation on getting off and take what it gives. Ah! Some people will find any excuse. I know a lot of people that got off opiates with kratom but they were very motivated. It can help with a lot of symptoms and give a leg up. I mean I do mention it is not a total fix, but some people really need that extra push so I have respect for people that do utilize it and have success.

I am trying to point a friend with opiate issues to this thread. It is a great tool. But he is one of the people I mentioned that does not think it is strong enough. I told him to add motivation on getting off and take what it gives. Ah! Some people will find any excuse. I know a lot of people that got off opiates with kratom but they were very motivated. It can help with a lot of symptoms and give a leg up. I mean I do mention it is not a total fix, but some people really need that extra push so I have respect for people that do utilize it and have success.
Also lyrica (pregabalin) is great aid as well but only use for a few days because it can cause withdrawal also