• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom powder vs extract side effects

thurston

Bluelighter
I've noticed that the kratom extract I take had a lot less side effects like sweating and jitteriness than taking powdered leaf or tea made from powdered leaf. Does anyone know why? I don't think it's a dosage issue the extract is fairly strong.

I also sweat at about the 30 minute mark after taking powder. One of the 40 alkaloids in it obviously raises our body temperature, I however don't get jittery. The max grams i take at a time is 7 at bedtime but just 4 grams at a time during the day.

In the three years I have been taking the powder I have only had an extract twice. They were both considered a " treat " as they are much too pricey for me to indulge.

I as well as you think the sweating part is due to one of the alkaloids that I know nothing about because I will sweat on 3 grams, 4 grams or 7 grams. It's not continuous for me. It's like I break out in a sweat, it last a few minutes and then I'm fine. But in the Summer it sucks if I am already hot.

The extract is expensive which is why I'm trying to use leaf but the sweating is insane when I take leaf. I wish I could just quit taking it, which I've tried many times but if I don't take it the amount of pain I'm in is totally unbearable. I have chronic pain from a fucked up neck and back. Slightly off topic but it's almost impossible to find any legit info about opiates by searching on Google, all you get are pages and pages of drug rehab results which are useless.

One of the 40 alkaloids in it obviously raises our body temperature
It's strange, normally kratom is traditionally used as antipyretic and I noticed that during the plandemic, when all the hysteria started and they were measuring temperature of everyone before going into big malls and all that, most times that I've used kratom my temperature was quite low (35.7-36.1).
Also, when on covid I took kratom as antipyretic and it worked well, lowering around 0.5 degrees.

I also sweat at about the 30 minute mark after taking powder. One of the 40 alkaloids in it obviously raises our body temperature, I however don't get jittery. The max grams i take at a time is 7 at bedtime but just 4 grams at a time during the day.

In the three years I have been taking the powder I have only had an extract twice. They were both considered a " treat " as they are much too pricey for me to indulge.

I as well as you think the sweating part is due to one of the alkaloids that I know nothing about because I will sweat on 3 grams, 4 grams or 7 grams. It's not continuous for me. It's like I break out in a sweat, it last a few minutes and then I'm fine. But in the Summer it sucks if I am already hot.
how much are you taking at the moment, gpd?
I've sadly found that I cannot do the tapering/t-break now, I'm so incredibly stressed by a "homework" (master's thesis) that I barely started and I have a month to finish it, having adhd and diabetes type 1 is fucked up enough to having more stressors in my body/life, that could wrecked my plans and I cannot stand any faillure in terms of not finishing that bloody master...

It's strange, normally kratom is traditionally used as antipyretic and I noticed that during the plandemic, when all the hysteria started and they were measuring temperature of everyone before going into big malls and all that, most times that I've used kratom my temperature was quite low (35.7-36.1).
Also, when on covid I took kratom as antipyretic and it worked well, lowering around 0.5 degrees.
That is weird. Just goes to show ya that our biological makeups are all different.

What's good for the goose is NOT good for the gander.

And i take about 21 or 22 grams per day in 5 different doses. 3-3-4-4-7 gram increments throughout the day. The last 7 is for a great nights sleep.

That's the only substance I take and so far so good. No side effects ( sans sweating at first ) and affordable.

I've noticed that the kratom extract I take had a lot less side effects like sweating and jitteriness than taking powdered leaf or tea made from powdered leaf. Does anyone know why? I don't think it's a dosage issue the extract is fairly strong.
it's probably because nature is wise, there's a lot of people who don't consider that, because you know there's mortal/poisonous plants/fungi and yadayadayada...
but you know, I think if there's 40 alkaloids in kratoms it's because of something, they compliment each other, and probably extracts are too strong and don't have that chemical balance that the other alkaloids provide.

That is weird. Just goes to show ya that our biological makeups are all different.

What's good for the goose is NOT good for the gander.

And i take about 21 or 22 grams per day in 5 different doses. 3-3-4-4-7 gram increments throughout the day. The last 7 is for a great nights sleep.

That's the only substance I take and so far so good. No side effects ( sans sweating at first ) and affordable.
To be honest, I found when taking more than 12gpd that I had sweating, but only at nightime, it was like my body was trying to get rid of some stuff of kratom, who knows what, maybe it's the mitragynine itself....
when taking less than 12 that never happens to me.