• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom poisoning?

Legally High

Bluelighter
I get my kratom from a bulk vendor whose name is jake, others had great things to say on reddit and it appears he is just a dad selling out of his house.
Anyway to the point I dosed everyday for a month lettling my doses get high, doing toss and wash. One night I started getting these terrible shakes disoriented walking and anxiety but went out to dinner hall hoping to eat alone tonight only to find my whole class calling for me to sit down. Well I set my tray down to a girl asking if I was okay. And knew there was no way I could go back to that table so I dipped out knowing they would see me the next day. And the whole class would see my uneaten food sitting the whole time and then have to throw it away.
The next day rolls around and I decide to skip lyrica as I thought that was the culprit, and on this night the group shuttle took us to the store. By the time it had fully kicked in it was far too late, I was shaking so badly I couldn’t text, not even two letters, too disoriented to buy my groceries. Got off the shuttle at the wrong building. Then the haunting look of the girls face sits in my group looking at me worried. The next day I skipped kratom and haven’t used it since and will never again.
Important factors
I didn’t take a real dump for at least a week.
I feel this could have led to some sort of toxic backup. As I noticed the night before having acid reflux.
I’d really like to have some answers to this phenomenon, was it tainted kratom or some other toxicity.

It sounds like you are at university so the first thing you should do is go to a doctor and get checked out --those are some pretty worrying symptoms. The fact that they are gone is a good sign that you probably did no real damage but if it were me, I would definitely go for a medical consult.

Maybe you were starting to take too much? You said you "dosed everyday for a month letting my doses get high" which sounds like you were taking larger and larger doses, unless im misunderstanding.

It is very unpleasant to take too much Kratom. Overdose symptoms include nausea, shaking, wobbyling eyes, anxiety, vertigo, etc. It really feels very unpleasant to take too much Kratom. The symptoms you described sound very close to commonly reported symptoms of kratom overdose.

Do you know how much Kratom you were taking... Like we're you measuring each dose by weight using a scale or by volume by using something like a tablespoon or teaspoon?

What was your dosage and tolerance, exactly?
I have 'toss n washed' too much kratom a few times (12-18 grams for me). My usual dosage is about 5 grams and not usually every day just when needed :)
but I became severely disoriented as if I were drunk. Couldn't walk straight. Shakey, Spinning, seeing double. My homie had to give me a hand n help me make my way to the bathroom bc I felt so nauseous. I never did yak, though. I just remember I felt so miserable and couldn't focus on anything without getting the spins. Just waiting for it to be over with.

Last edited:
Wow this is causing me to believe perhaps it was overdose. Which I find odd considering tolerance had reached a point to where I needed more to get high but couldn’t do so without experiencing some of the same feelings I was trying to get rid of (anxiety).

More than was possible to keep capsuling every day. Putting it in drinks and drinking it was what did me in. If I had to guess 25g

Jesus, man. lol definitely dose lower. are you taking it for the hell of it or are keeping w.d at bay?

If you were really taking that much then you probably were experiencing overdose symptoms. The symptoms you described sounded spot on for Kratom overdose.

If you decide to use again then should get a scale or at least some measuring spoons so that you keep track of how much your dosing. Start with doses in the 3-5g range. Keep at least 5-6 hours between doses.

If you can't get a scale then use measuring spoons. They aren't as accurate because the coarseness/density of Kratom varies batch to batch but roughly a compacted level teaspoon would be somewhere in the ballpark of 2 grams while a compacted level tablespoon will be roughy 6 grams (like I said, this can vary... These weights are just estimates)

Scales are dirt cheap though and having one would allow you to try using again while confidently increasing your dosage until you find what works best for you.

More than was possible to keep capsuling every day. Putting it in drinks and drinking it was what did me in. If I had to guess 25g

25g spread out over the course of a day? That's not completely unreasonable...

When I use kratom to help detox, I found the sweet spot for me to be about 9 grams a dose. Some people say that's too much, but after a lot of trial and error that's what I settled on. But I would dose about 4 times a day, so we're talking 36 grams a day, and it only ever made me feel sick once when I fucked up my timing and took 2 doses too way close to each other.

When you're reckless and uncalculated with dosing, which it sounds like you have been (I'm not talking shit, just being real... I've done shit like that many times) you just take the chance of shit like this happening. Even a 25 gram a day regimen, which wouldn't make me sick normally, has the potential to fuck you all up if say... 12 of those 25 were ingested in the span of an hour or two. Know what I mean?

Anyway, I would absolutely take the advice from MDPVPsychosis, of getting a scale, or at least cap it (whomever you buy the caps from should be able to tell you how much kratom will fit into whatever size you buy) so you can accurately measure. And then try a lower dose of the same shit and see what happens.

As it is unregulated, I guess there is a chance you got some tainted shit or something... but I honestly don't find those types of boogie-man stories to be that credible.

But yeah, I would recommend trying a 4 gram dose, or something along those lines, and let us know how it works out.

Good luck man.

Undoubtedly a kratom overdose. I've had it happen a handful of times and it's a pretty horrendous experience.

Trust me, it had nothing to do with the fact that you hadn't taken a good dump in a week...

Yea it’s not even worth the hassle to capsule them because it takes so long to make enough for one day. I’ve been continuing use at lower doseages. Mainly just being aware of any negative feelings like shakes and anxiety so I’ll know if I need to slow down.