• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Nightmare..depression. anxiety, RLS..bloke in uk desparately needs help please

The only thing I see in what you listed as having on hand that could most potentially lead to habit formation is the diazepam. That stuff can really be a godsend for withdrawals but don't dose too high, you don't want a spike in tolerance in that department at this time, just enough to keep the symptoms that a benzo works on away. The zopiclone can be habit forming in some people but it isn't as likely as the valium by a decent margin as a lot of people cant really get much enjoyment out of it and just fall asleep. I would go from diazepam then step down to the zopiclone maybe? Then down into the less serious stuff. I guess you could use the prometh and valerian where needed or as the next step after the zopiclone. Basically I would use the strongest medication to ward off the most acute symptoms and then move down the order of available substances as the WDs become less acute, you don't want to be getting just as zonked in a few days when the withdrawal isnt as bad as it is one the first day or two of acute symptoms.
It is understandable to be worried about picking up another habit of use But I am guessing the kratom has been in use for a decent while, so it would sure take some time to get to that level of use with another substance, so just watch out for that. The meds shouldnt be used to try to get through the withdrawals with zero discomort because if that is the goal that is how a new habit forms, so just be circumspect and understand that you should be using other substances to make withdrawals bearable not un-noticable. Not that you shouldn't make up your own mind on how to navigate your symptoms but it just seems pretty darn unfun to undego without anything to dull the edge.

Someone else has already mentioned loperamide. That stuff does help a lot, And I always just forced myself to do whatever physical excercise I could manage to do even if it was really unpleasant or painful as at least then I was sort of in control of the discomfort instead of just laying/sitting there and having it come at me, it does offer a bit of relief afterwards. I've never had very terrible opi withdraws, just the ones you get at the end of a decent binges.

Hi All..

Found this site after searching "kratom withdrawal"..and here I am, day 3 and feeling REALLY bad..Anxiety is killing me..Coming off 5 months of 12-16 gm days, after dosing down from 20-25gm days..I'm going CT..I can't taper..It never works for me..I went to a detox doc and he gave me gabapentin, clonidine and xanax..I took them the 1st day and slept off and on all day..yesterday the same thing but at least got outside for a short walk..Today I feel even worst and scared to just knock myself out with the meds..I've taken a 1/2 dose of xanax and its helped a little but I hate sleeping during the day..The anxiety is killing me..I'm sitting here breathing so heavy..My energy is shot and I don't feel well enough to go out..I'm alone and this is really hard..I had a bad tramadol WD a few years ago and that was hell but this feels the same way..I'm so sick of opiates and the wd's but never feel right after getting off them, the depression I have never goes away, and to be honest, I'm not sure I'm gonna feel any better off drugs and alcohol and pot etc;..it never ends..I'm 56 years old and would just rather be dead than than have to fight this constant battle..its a curse these addictions..I rather fight anything else, including a fucking dragon..I'm sorry but I'm not well.

Ya I would just taste the CT sting so you never go back to it. I'm pretty blessed because I do six grams in the morning with a cup of real tea and that's it. I too will have to endure CT but I would rather go thru that then weaning. Forty grams a day is insane. I don't think I would even be able to see straight doing that. For the most part I have never had real bad withdrawals. My worst withdrawal was with klonopin and gabapentin at the same time so I feel this stands no chance compares to what I have done but it doesn't mean your pain is any less than what I went thru.

For the most part just try supplements and try to stay hydrated. Just jump from here and endure the pain. It will get better in the words of Eminem.