• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc KRATOM: Need Some Help!

DEADPOOLx23

Bluelighter
Hello My Friends,

This is a question for everyone that has used Kratom, either by itself, for its own qualities, for Opiate withdrawal OR in place of other pain killers.

I am attempting to give my normal Oxycodone script a break as I am just getting tired of the physical and mental stress and drain it is starting to put on my after years and the constant internal battle of deciding if I want to go through the WDs everytime I want to decide to take a break or cut back.

After doing more research on Kratom I am now more confused than ever with all of the different strains and some online vendors claiming to have Ultra Concentrates and things of the sort, along with the standard Types and Colors, etc.

Basically I NEED TWO DIFFERENT suggestions for two different types to be used in two different circumstances.

1) Needs to be good for pain relief, decent for a mood boost & i NEED this one to also have good SEDATIVE properties to help manage relaxation and sleep! This one is my Number 1 Objective!

2) I would like this one to be decent for pain relief, good mood booster but this one I wouldnt mind being decent for clean energy.

Obviously, after reading online trying to find a good vendor (which its still hard to tell by reading the websites since they all claim to be great and I cant figure out which are all BS and which arent), i realize they all claim each type to be good at everything and no real explanation on which COLOR matters for which type etc. For example Bali Red Vein vs White or MD Green or Red....then you have Ultra Concentrates of things so needless to say, doing Research and Searching has actually left me with MORE questions than answers!

If any of you KRATOM Pros can help me out with suggestions for the two types for my two situations, I would be SUPER greatful as I, in the mean time, try to figure out which of these online sites arent full of complete BS and scams! Lol

THANKS EVERYONE,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Deadpool

I've used Kratom for years for pleasure and wd and pain. I have not used all the strains by far but I have some real favorites which I stick to.

1) Bali
2) Green Malay or White Bali

If you wanted one to cover all the bases it would be for me Green Malay hands down.

You can PM me if you need more help. I know you can't put sources in the threads proper. I assume PM anything goes. If that's not true would someone chime in and clarify this?

They say concentrates are more addictive and fast tolerance builders so I generally stay away from those. I do occasionally mix a little into a regular mix so I don't have to down so much volume but IMO it's just best to stick with the regular plant.

Cosmic Trigger has this one down perfectly
1) Definitely Red Vein Bali or Red Vein Maeng Da
2) I would say Green Vein Malay, but only because i dont like using a pure white vein strain.

You may also want to try mixing different strains, which is what i do. Red Vein Bali with Green Vein Bali is perfect for the morning at around 2g of each strain equaling 4g total.

I'm glad you posted this thread as well because I've only started using kratom recently, and the whole thing is very confusing. I'm not a pain patient, I'm using it as an opiate replacement though, so far I've tried Bali, White vein Maeng Da, and Yellow veitnamese. I've read so much conflicting reports about everything, but from what I gather the red veins are more sedating, the white and green veins more stimulating, and I don't know what the hell a yellow veitnamese strain is, but I actually liked that one the best out of what I've tried so far. In the end though, after a few days they all seem to do pretty much the same thing once you get used to them, but it's good to have a few different types around I suppose, cause it keeps things more interesting.

Was thinking about trying Kratom as well. I'm assuming it's cheaper online?

Good info Tiger.......

Alright, thats starting to help clear the picture up a little bit! Anyone else feel free to help build a good source of info in here :)

All red strains are very relaxing. The ones that are best for pain relief would be Bali, Horn, and Hulu. I use kratom to kick opiates and also for chronic pain.

COSMIC, why would you tell me to PM you then tell me you have bo info when i do pm you? Lol...Someones a little high today...

I keep reading that MD is more stimulating than Bali....but that MD is the best over all....so should i get Red Bali or Red MD for pain, mood and relaxation and sleep?

I just thought this might be a good place to throw this out. I am a very experienced kratom user. I have been using kratom daily for over 3 years. I have also been a kratom vendor for over 2 years. I have vast amount of knowledge on this subject from research, being in the business, traveling to indonesia, and just experience. It's very hard to put to use helping people. We made a very detailed Strain Guide which broke down and described all the effects of all our strains as well as explaining the way strains are named and some useful information about kratom. The problem was that around this time the FDA started coming down hard on any companies who included any sort of dosing instructions. So I have several thousand pamphlets in my closet lol. I'm rambling but I want to know if you guys think there is enough interest in kratom and the industry and lifestyle associated with it to support a podcast. I love podcasts in general and think it would be a great medium for people to get informed in a fun way. In addition to detailed explanations of kratoms history and effects I would also do various interviews with other vendors, random users, people with bad experiences and public figures like members of AKA or BLD, etc. Would you listen to that? If not I am sure I can answer almost any question about kratom. If anyone feels passionate enough about kratom and the podcast medium to want to be involved in some capacity let me know.

OP: The biggest problem with giving you a strain recommendation is that MANY vendors will sell mislabeled kratom. Meaning if you order Bali from Jim the kratom man and Jim is fresh out of Bali, low on cash, and flush with Green Malay, you can bet your bottom dollar that he will sell you Green Malay labeled as Bali rather than tell you he's sold out. It sounds shitty but it is VERY VERY common. I don't do this but many do. So Bali from one vendor can look, taste, and smell differently, as well as have different effects than Bali from another vendor. But basically you need to still with mainly Red veins. Red, green and maeng da will help red and green have more pain killing effects with green being more subtle and energetic and Maeng Da will generally just be what the vendor labels his best strain as, though traditionally it should be Thai and energetic. I would just tell you I'll send you a couple free samples to help you out but I don't want to take advantage of this great resource for something as dirty as advertising and I'm not a BLer yet so I don't think I can pm you. Best of luck man, and I'm here if you have more questions.

Stay away from the extracts if you're trying to cut back. They feel a lot like oxy to me, except with much shorter duration. The result is that they are very addictive. I never had a problem with oxy, but kratom extract on the other hand... And the WDs SUCKED, they were short, but more intense than any other opiate I've withdrawn from (hydrocodone, morphine, codeine). The constant redosing is a real killer when it comes to physical dependence.

Anyway, I didn't really find any strains of kratom to be particularly sedating :/ That said, red vein strains are the least stimulating. Green bali also felt pretty opiate-like and not too stimulating, so I'd imagine that red vein bali would be even better. I always needed a separate sleeping anyway pill though. I didn't notice much of a difference between strains in regard to pain relief. White vein seemed to have a slight edge over the others (it's also the most stimulating) but honestly they're all pretty damn good for pain relief. Maybe not quite at the level of oxy or morphine, but far better than hydrocodone IMO.

COSMIC, why would you tell me to PM you then tell me you have bo info when i do pm you? Lol...Someones a little high today...

First off I don't understand what you just wrote and second off I was offering you vendor info not info on strains I have no experience with, which is something I told you in my original post. Just because I may have more info doesn't mean I'm a fucking encyclopedia on Kratom strains.

You should take everyone's suggestions (including my own) with a grain of salt. Different people will have different experiences with different strains. Also, finding a good vendor is going to be more important than finding a good strain. Different vendors seem to have significantly better or worse products across the board. I don't want to elaborate since sourcing is against the rules.

That said, I've found kratom to be a much better pain reliever than any prescription pain med ive taken, and tolerance has been a non-issue (for the several months ive been taking it). Just limit yourself to what you need, and don't delve into extracts.

For strain reccomendations, green vein borneo is hands down my favorite strain for anything. It's a great mood boost, pain reliever, and anxiolytic without sedation or upper effects.

Other than GVB, white vein meang da would definitely be my reccomendation for case 1, and red bali or borneo would my rec for case 2. Tai strains have a tendency to be more energizing, but meang da strains provide better pain relief IME.

I think it's a good pain med also. I have pain issues and take Oxycodone but don't want to take too much so I supplement with Kratom which has worked very well. At some point I may just jump off the Oxy completely. I even use them together at times and that seems to work well too. It's great stuff and works. A godsend really. I just wish I could figure a good way to plug it. =D That's how I use the oxy most nights.

Morphine dreams you say green are more sedating than red and you are the only person ive seen anywhere say that. Every website and person i talk to say red are best for sedative properties UNLESS you get green malay i heard that is very euphoric and sedating so i think i will be buying green malay next order for sure.

I have red borneo and red bali coming in tomorrow or the next day, 100g each ti get me through coming off of the oxy...i do have some suboxone on hand but i hate how subs make me feel so im going to try to not use it unless i have to and in very small doses.

After i get through the first few days im looking to stock up on a strain for basic daily use for pain, mood and sedation (opinions, i may go with green malay of its as euphoric and relaxing as people say) or i see red bali is like everyones go to. Then i need a daily use for mornings that is good for pain, mood and clean energy (not sure what to go for for this one, possibly an MD Strain of some sort?), then i was considering some kind of EXTRACT to use ONCE IN A WHILE that has good euphoria and pain relief etc for times i want to have a little fun (ANY SUGGESTIONS?)

I found Red Vein Borneo to be best overall for my opiate WD / replacement.

I just got my red borneo and bali in today...so we shall see how it goes, i still have a few of my pain meds to finish up and use to ween down before i start the kratom in the next day or 2.