• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Naive passing out

Kratom76

Greenlighter
Last night I drank some kratom tea my friend made using powder. He got it online along with some capsules. Not knowing what it was and thinking it was like kava, I wasnt concerned about dosage and drank half the pot as he had. I think he used only 2.5 tablespoons between the two of us and let it boil on low over the stove for 15 minutes. He strained it but still a bit of powder got through which added noticable texture toward the bottom.

I had half a small spoonful of some organic hallucinogen my friend had been experimenting with that didn't work, he kept it in his closet and said it was completely safe and just gave it to me b/c I complained about the bitterness of the Kratom and this stuff was 3-4x more bitter.

I drank my 1.25 tablespoon equivalent over the course of 30-60 minutes and felt fine, then REALLY fine (body felt kind of numb but good), but then started to feel woozy so headed to the bathroom. I got the notion I should make myself puke but I had to piss so I did and as I was going I started to notice I was gradually fading out. My forehead was sweaty. I finished peeing but crouched down on the ground into a fetal position and that was the last thing I remembered.

I don't know how much later I woke up but I guess it was 1-2 minutes and I was still in the fetal position and I hadn't even had the ability to zip up my pants before passing out. When I came to, I didn't remember who, what, where, or anything for a solid 10-15 seconds until I regained vision and was able to work things out. My forehead was still sweaty, I felt a bit nauseous, and my hands were shaky

I just sat there in the bathroom for 10-15 minutes until my friend came to check on me and I told him what happened. My mind was acute but my body felt nauseous when it moved. I walked halfway back to the room but stopped to rest on the stairs and then when I got back I just laid down and it took me 3 hours of ice chips, small snacks, and maybe a little sleep before I could sit up.

He drove me home at 11 pm and it's 5 am now. I tried to sleep it off but I'm still nauseous, although I can move around more freely & walk.

Probably more info than you really needed and I realized as I was typing that the obvious causal factor must be the ~ 3/4 Teaspoon of organic bitter stuff, but I needed to let somebody know because as a Kartum naive that whole experience sucked. If you're naive too, don't drink too much and definitely have it without anything else.

Thanks.

P.S. Kratom was definitely not laced, he had the other half of the pot and his sister took pills from the same supplier.

P.P.S. I'm totally naive to many other stimulants and drugs too, aside from social drinking & occasional caffeine I'm pretty straight edge. Aka zero tolerance.

I definitely do not think it was the kratom .... that's not a big dose and shouldn't do much. If you're 'naive' with 'zero tolerance' , I would be more concerned about an unknown hallucinogen

First of all, the substance he gave you didn't work FOR HIM. That does not mean it didn't affect you.

Second, if you have never taken kratom, that is actually a very large dose! Starting dose for a noob is 1/2 TEAspoon (1.5 grams - 2 grams). You took like 10 times that much - possibly like 10-12 grams!! I have been taking kratom 2 years and my dose is only 4 grams!

Third, The nausea could have come from it for sure, as well as the sweating and tired feeling (but never so bad that you would black out or pass out suddenly like you said) - those are the symptoms of kratom overdose.

Nothing else will happen to you from taking too much kratom. The things that occurred probably happened as a result of mixing the hallucinogen with the kratom.

Kratom appears to be totally safe (non-lethal) according to recent studies, and user reports indicate the symptoms of overdose to be nausea and vomiting, sweaty feeling, and tiredness.

I would definitely suspect that hallucinogen. Just because it did nothing for your friend doesn't mean it would not affect you or that it would not interact badly with the kratom you took.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Stay safe and be careful about how much you take of a new substance. An experienced friend may tell you to take much more than you should as a noob.

Best of luck! :)