• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom...milk thistle

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
I've been taking borneo red kratom for 6months for anxiety an depression it helps a little but don't want to go down the benzo route. Anyway early this year I had some bloods done an the results came bk as I had fatty liver? Now I don't drink alcohol bit my diet is abit poor pizza burgers ect. So my poor diet could be responsible...but isn't kratom heavy goin on the liver could this be to blame? I don't want to stop taking the kratom its a low dose BTW of 3g in the morning an 3g at teatime. So would it be a good idea to take milk thistle extract to improve my liver? Thanks for reading an I look forward to any replies

Kratom can be hepatoxic and cause liver injury, although this is somewhat rare and a small number of people seem to be more susceptible to this.

However, to my knowledge, it is not associated with fatty liver only toxicity.

I'm not super familiar with milk thistle but it's probably a good idea to start taking it, but you may want to ask your doctor.

I've been taking borneo red kratom for 6months for anxiety an depression it helps a little but don't want to go down the benzo route. Anyway early this year I had some bloods done an the results came bk as I had fatty liver? Now I don't drink alcohol bit my diet is abit poor pizza burgers ect. So my poor diet could be responsible...but isn't kratom heavy goin on the liver could this be to blame? I don't want to stop taking the kratom its a low dose BTW of 3g in the morning an 3g at teatime. So would it be a good idea to take milk thistle extract to improve my liver? Thanks for reading an I look forward to any replies

Unlikely to be the kratom at those doses but anything is possible. Do you know what your ALT values were on the blood test you took?

The milk thistle won't do a whole lot unfortunately. I know everyone hates this answer but you'll see a much better improvement with good old fashioned diet and exercise.

I don't know ALT stands for or what mine is sorry. Will try to eat more healthier but its hard when i only like junk food lol