• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom (Maeng-Da)

Rakey

Greenlighter
Hello Kratom users,

I am looking for someone that uses Kratom for pain control! I am having pretty major surgery in two weeks and am hell bent on not taking the opiates that they are going to prescribe. I am seeing here that most people are using Kratom for recreational purposes which is pretty interesting too as I will need some emotional stimulation for the 4 month recovery as well, but my first concern is the pain control!

Anything red vein I love personally I'm on a blend right now I'm not sure what different strains are in it though my next favorite is green Maeng da

Hi Rakey, welcome to the forums! Let me know which strain works best to help with your pain. :)

I've only tried two strains of kratom, both in the last week. I tried a red bali first (as a sample) and later bought maeng da upon recommendation. Personally, I preferred the bali and found it made me sociable, relaxed, and a little euphoric. The maeng da was not for me. I didn't feel much from a 5 gram dose, so I increased it by a gram every hour for three hours (8 gram total) and felt nauseous with slight pain relief. I personally didn't find it energetic (which is how it was recommended) and didn't find it that enjoyable. However, I've seen others swear by it.

I've heard that generally red strains are best for pain control. Personally I cannot tell much of a difference between strains - they all seem to work about the same for me as long as they are of decent quality.

I'm not the only person who can't tell much of a difference but for the most part I think those of us who feel this way are in the minority.

I think your best bet is take the suggestions you get here, do some additional research on those suggestions and then try getting a couple different strains and see which works best for you.

Good luck.

Just want to say that although kratom is less addictive than opiates, it still activates the same receptors and can lead to dependence.

Yeah my vendor of kratom has a variety pack of all the strains I've tried them all twice I can tell the difference now but I've taken a lot and really studied each type of vein at least